VII. Prom Night

Music Sheet

 

It was dark all around and only a dim light made them see each another in auditorium. People were scattered everywhere and a loud playing music could be heard.

 

“ladies and gentleman. The party is about to start.” The emcee announced and then the hall was lighted and everyone was almost blinded.

 

One by one, the juniors and seniors paired each other with their partners and then they walked through the red carpet while the selected glee club members were singing included soohee.

 

The latter was concentrating with the song but the entrance of the five handsome guys still caught her attention especially the man who were looking back at her intently. She felt her goosebumps raising back at her neck. Suddenly, she became anxious with her looks. For some reason she didn’t know what exactly.

 

Then her eyes focused with the girl next to jaejoong that locked her arms with the latter. ‘her g-girl…friend, maybe.’ She thought then she noticed that even she just thought that, the word girlfriend seemed hard to utter. ‘I wonder why?’ she thought again. There still a lot of things to notice but she chose not to think about it anymore and just to focus with the song.

---

 

‘damn!’ jaejoong couldn’t help to say.

 

While looking at most beautiful girl in that hall, he couldn’t help to admire her even more. She is wearing a red off-shouldered knee high gown and her hair is dressed beautifully that made her look even more gorgeous.

 

‘I wonder why a rude, arrogant, mean girl like her have to be this beautiful?’ he thought. And then he noticed when soohee raised her eyes to him as if she could feel his stare. Their eyes met and jaejoong almost held his breath while looking at her. Then her eyes shifted to his partner.

 

‘is she jealous?’ just exactly, her partner put her arms around his arms. Suddenly, Jaejoong was expecting to see something with her face when he look at her again. But, to his disappointment, she is still wearing her no-reaction look. Then she looked at her music sheet again.

 

‘jaejoong, jaejoong, jaejoong. You’re such a fail, really.’ He thought then they already walked straight at their respective tables.

---

 

“ladies please step down from the stage.” The emcee said to the singers at the stage. “since the dancefloor is now opening for the everyone. All of you are free now to do whatever you want.”

 

The singers have no idea that they will be going to step down to the stage. For some who really wanted  to enjoy the party, it is a favor for them. But for those who just attended just because of the performance like soohee, it is not good.

 

Anyways, leaving no choice, she went down of the stage and went straight to get a drink and to eat.

 

“soohee.”

 

When she turned around, she couldn’t help but to roll her eyes. It was Top and he is walking toward her.

 

“hey.” She greeted then she get a plate and started to pick a food. “what can I help you?”

 

“I am here to claim your promise. Remember the dance?”

 

“ahhh… yes. But can you give me a time? I want to eat first.”

 

“sure, sure. If you want, you could join us with our table.”

 

“good idea.”

---

 

“oh no… jaejoong hyung, it’s look like Top is having an interest with soohee.” Junsu uttered.

 

From their table, they saw how Top approached soohee and when they walked up to Top’s table.

 

“she seemed to be nice with Top. Don’t you think she like him?” changmin said.

 

“I don’t think so.” Yoochun commented.

 

“same goes for me. but you have to be attentive, jaejoong. A girl like her is unpredictable." yunho said.

---

 

The sweet song played and couples were starting to go in the middle of the dancefloor. Soohee was already done eating.

 

“can we dance now?” Top asked.

 

“okay.” Then she stood up and they joined the others.

 

“you are very beautiful tonight, soohee.”

 

“thanks.” The compliment made her uncomfortable.

 

“am I your first dance?”

 

“no.” she suddenly uttered without thinking. “ I had my first dance when I was 10. He was a childhood friend or maybe it is much proper to say as childhood sweetheart.” Her thought were obviously back from 11 years ago.

 

“really? May I know who was it?”

 

“h-huh?”

 

“I said, may I know who was it?”

 

“ahh, even if I told you, you don’t even know him.”

 

And then suddenly, the people were crowding around them. the music changed into party song and partners were separated from each other. And then out of the blue, a hand took soohee’s hand and then they were making their way out of the crowd and then out of the hall.

 

“excuse me, mister. You might be mistaking me from your date.” Soohee said.

 

But the man still walking until they reached a lighted hall where there were only few people around.

 

“excuse—“ whatever soohee wanted to say was hung up when she recognized the man she was with right now.

 

“my heart is not mistaking, soohee. Even if I am blind, it will lead me to you.” Jaejoong said.

 

“yah~! Why did you bring me here?”

 

“because my heart is hurt.”

 

“will you please stop it? It is not fun anymore. And besides, i have no time for your stupid jokes.” Then she aimed as if she was going back but jaejoong blocked her by jailing her between his arms. Soohee was shocked by what he did.

 

“do you think I am joking? You could make all of the man here crazy just by staring at you. But you should remember where you really belong. I don’t want you dancing with any other man. Have you forgotten, soohee? YOU ARE MINE… only mine.”