VIII. Pair Up

Music Sheet

 

 

 

“jaejoong~ah…” Yunho called the attention of Jaejoong.

 

“nae?”

 

“you’ve been here since we got home. Do you have a problem?”

 

“problem? Not so much. I am waiting for soohee.”

 

“ahhh…”

 

“yunho. She’s making a distance with me.”

 

“I am not surprised with that, jaejoong. Soohee is a snob.” Then yunho chuckled.

 

“yes, she is but this time it is more than like that.”

 

“what do you mean?”

 

“remember the prom night? When I took her out of the auditorium?”

 

“of course! We still haven’t forgotten that. You still owe us a story for that.”

 

“I kissed her that night.”

 

“MWEO?!”

---

 

ANNOUNCEMENT: All Glee Club members, we will have a meeting this afternoon, after dismissal.

---

 

“aish.” Soohee exclaimed.

 

“wae?” hyaeri asked her.

 

“I wonder why they called a meeting.”

 

“what surprise you there? Of course, if they formulate something interesting for the club, they have to meet us to share whatever it is.”

 

“of course, I know that. But really, I don’t feel like meeting anyone of them as of now.”

 

“and why?”

 

“because…” soohee stopped speaking when she noticed the five familiar faces entered the cafeteria. “let’s go now, hyaeri.” Then she immediately picked up her things and stood up to prepare to leave.

 

“wait. I am not yet done eating.” Hyaeri said.

 

“you eat that inside the classroom. Let’s go! Ppalli~ ppalli~, hyaeri.” Then she grabbed her hands and forced her to get out immediately of the cafeteria.

“what’s the matter with you, soohee?” hyaeri had no choice but to follow soohee.

---

 

“I think you’re right, jaejoong.” Yunho whispered at jaejoong who was watching soohee and Hyaeri rushed out of the cafeteria.

 

Jaejoong just sighed as an answer.

 

“don’t worry. I’ll help you.”

 

“how?”

 

“you will know later.”

---

 

“soohee, what’s the matter with you?! We have to go to the meeting. Let’s go now. We will be late.” Hyaeri persuaded soohee.

 

“I don’t want to. I ‘ll pass for today but for the next meeting I promise I will attend.”

 

“soohee! What’s wrong with you? You are not like that before. Why are you acting like this?”

 

“Im just not in the mood. Go now, hyaeri.”

 

“I am not going without you, soohee. So lets go now.” Hayeri saw soohee’s phone. It is very important with her, hyaeri knew. So leaving no choice, she grabbed the phone and run with it.

 

“YAH~!” soohee shouted at hyaeri and run after her. And it is already late for her to realize why hyaeri do that. They were already infront of the music room when soohee caught hyaeri.

 

“you’re already late for 5 minutes.” Yoochun told at the two.

 

“oh my.” Soohee said then glared at hyaeri.

 

“are you still not going inside?” yoochun asked.

 

“we are, oppa!” hyaeri immediately went inside the room. Soohee had no choice but to follow her.

---

 

 

‘stop glaring, you idiot!’ soohee shouted at her mind, too intimidated with jaejoong’s stare. ‘aish! This is so annoying! I hate this!’

 

“okay. Since there still a vacant position for our officers, we are going to vote for them.” yunho announced. The room was filled with whispering and murmuring.

 

“the vacant positions are: secretary, auditor, another public relation officer and another business manager.” Changmin informed them.

Then the voting started. For all of the position, soohee was nominated but none of the members voted for her. Actually, none of the members nominated her. And if it wasn’t for yoochun’s effort to nominate her continuously, then soohee will not be mention.

 

Last position to vote, when yoochun stood up and spoke up already his thought.

 

“let’s stop for a while, I just want to clarify something.”

 

Everyone’s attention were focused on him.

 

“I wonder why none of you nominated and voted for soohee. I thought she’s your former president?”

 

“yes, I was. So what’s the matter if they don’t vote for me?”

 

“we wanted a high quality officers, soohee.”

 

“and so? I see no wrong with the one they voted. all of the nominated for this and that position are overqualified for their position. They are even qualified than you.” Soohee just whispered her last sentence. But she knew everyone heard her.

 

“just don’t understand her, oppa. She’s just like that.” Hyaeri joined them. “anyways, we have valid reason for not nominating and voting her. We don’t want to have a fight with her because of this matter. If she wanted that position then, she will nominate herself. That’s what she believes and she doesn’t want any of us to mess with it.”

 

“so you are afraid of her.” Junsu said.

 

“no. it is more on respecting ones beliefs.” Soohee answered.

 

“okay. So I understand now. Let’s go back with the voting. But for this last position I wanted to propose something for everyone…” yoochun said but he didn’t finished his sentence because soohee interrupted him.

 

“if you are planning to suggest to them about annointing me automatically for lowly position of secretary, then, I am warning you. You will just going waste your time. I have no intention to be an officer if it wasn’t a position of the president.” Soohee declared. She knew that it was his plan. She heard him talking with yunho when she passed by through them at their classroom. “but If you want, I could help you find a perfect officer for the position of secretary. Why don’t you choose hyaeri as a secretary. She was my secretary before and I know she wanted to have her position again. She just don’t have the guts to nominate herself.”

---

 

The voting ended up like that. Because of soohee’s recommendation, hyaeri had a strength to ask to give her the position of secretary. And so she is now the secretary of the club.

 

But the meeting is not yet done. Yunho’s plan is just starting. He wanted help Jaejoong. Soohee is already getting into his nerves and he wanted to teach her a lesson.

 

“now that our set of officers is already complete. Then I guess it is already time to start the real meeting.” Then yunho looked at jaejoong to read the aloud their activity.

 

“we will going to pair with another member. Each pair will compose a song. This requires a teamwork because we are not allowed to ask for the help of another people except for our own partner.” Jaejoong read.

 

“we will going to choose our partner through picking in this fish bowl.” Yunho said.

---

 

‘DAMN!’ soohee shouted at her mind. ‘damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN!!!!!’ she couldn’t believe it. In 100%, 90% is her confidence of not picking jaejoong’s name and that’s why her mind is protesting while reading the name on the paper that she was holding.

---

 

Yunho is secretly watching soohee’s disappointed face while holding the paper where jaejoong’s name was written. Only god knows how he switched the bowl, when it is already soohee’s turned of picking, into the other bowl, where there were only jaejoong’s name written on the papers inside.

---

 

“now group with your partners and talk about your theme.” Yunho said then everyone followed his instruction except for soohee. So jaejoong have no choice but to move to her. “if you’re already done, you may go home then.”

 

“hey.” Jaejoong greeted her while sitting beside her.

 

But soohee stood up and picked her things up.

 

“where are you going?” yunho asked.

 

“you said once we are done then we can go home. And so I am going home.”