X. Daddy

Music Sheet

 

“how many times do I have to tell you that don’t mess with my work?!” mr. song shouted at his only daughter.

 

“but dad, I just  wanted to help you…” soohee said almost whispering.

 

“help? I don’t need the help from a GIRL! Get out!” he shouted again. He wont feel bad when he saw soohee’s almost crying reaction when she left his room.

---

 

“why is he like that to me, ahjumeoni? I just wanted to  help him. I heard mom and dad talking last night and I know that his health is not good, ahjumeoni. I just wanted to help.” Soohee cried out to her nanny. Since her mind open, her nanny are the only one whom she could run to whenever her dad is shouting at her.

 

“you shouldn’t asking that, soohee. You know, your dad is mad at you because he is expecting a son not a daughter. Of course, he thinks that girl could only be placed inside the house and he coulnt trust you to be the heir of your family company.” The other maid said. But her nanny made her stop.

 

“stop that! You’re only making her feel bad even more.”

 

“why? I am just telling the truth. Isnt madam song coulnt bear any child anymore because she had a problem with her ovary so mr. song really in despair because his dream son is impossible now. And all left to him is a girl. JUST A GIRL.”

 

“isnt I told you to stop? Get out from here or I’ll tell madam song that you’re bullying soohee.”

 

“aish!” the other maid had no choice but to get out.

 

“don’t be affected with what she just say, okay?”

 

“but… ahjumeoni, don’t you think she’s right?”

 

“I don’t think she’s right, soohee. How could your dad just hate a wonderful daughter like you? You are not only beautiful, you’re also intelligent.”

 

“if dad don’t hate me then why is he like that to me? I am trying my best to be a daughter that he could trust to, but...” soohee’s tears are forming again.

 

“sshhh, stop thinking about the things that could onlu make you felt bad. You’re dad loves you. That’s what you have to put into your mind, okay?”

---

 

One day…

 

Soohee was doing her assignment in their living room when her dad and another man in the same age as her dad and a boy, maybe he is just 2 years older than her,  entered the room.

 

“what are you doing here?” her dad asked her coldly.

 

“dad, I am doing my assignment.”

 

“is she your daughter, mr. song? She’s very lovely and pretty.” The other man said.

 

“thank you, sir.” Soohee blushed.

 

“so what’s your name?”

 

“soohee, sir.” Then she noticed the boy next with the other man uttered her name.

 

“I am mr. kim, soohee. You can call me uncle. And this is jaejoong, my son.”

 

“hi.” Jaejoong greeted her.

But soohee just nodded at him.

 

“is that how you learn from school? Is it right to nod at someone who is greeting you?” her dad scolded her.

 

“sorry, dad.” Then she faced jaejoong. “hello, I am soohee. Nice meeting you.”

 

“you stop doing your assignment here. Don’t you have room?” then her dad turned his back and went to  his office. The other two just said goodbye to her and followed her dad.

---

 

The visit of the kim became so often. That’s why jaejoong became closer with soohee.

---

 

One time…

 

Soohee secretly pick inside his dad’s office. And he saw how her dad laughed and smiled lively with the boy named jaejoong. That’s her first time to see her dad like that. Her dad is always mad a t her and he never been sweet with her. He never played with her and he never loves her.

 

And seeing her dad like this with jaejoong, somehow makes her envious with him.

 

“maybe if I become a boy then dad could love me too.”

---

 

“ARE YOU STUPID?! DON’T YOU HAVE BRAINS?!” her dad’s voice echoed to the whole room like a thunder.

 

“don’t shout at her, yeobeo.” Madam song said at her husband and then walked towards her daughter who keep crying. “don’t cry, sweetie. Ssshhh, uljima.”

 

“you tell that to me if your daughter thinks properly!” mr. song’s face is red in anger.

 

“soohee, daughter, what comes to your mind and you cutted all your hair?” madam song asked her daughter.

 

“I just wanted dad to like me. I was thinking that dad might be happy if I looked like a boy.” Soohee said still crying.

 

“you see how brainless you are? Do you think anything could change if you cut all of your hair out of your head? Do you think you could be a boy if you do that? Remember this soohee, no matter what you do, you cannot change the fact you are a GIRL, and I will not like you no matter how hard you try!” the her dad get out from the room and slammed the door after him.

---

 

“guess who?” jaejoong make his pitch higher so soohee couldn’t recognize his voice.

 

“jaejoong, get your hands out of my eyes.”

 

“wow, how did you know it’s me?”

 

“hello? You are the only one who do that to me so don’t be surprise if I guessed easily.”

 

“ahhh…” then jaejoong sat down infront of soohee. She was busy on something when he approached her. “so how are you?”

 

“not fine.”

 

“your dad again? Aish! Anyways, why your hair is like that today?” jaejoong’s curiousity led him on touching soohee’s wig and made it took off from her head.

 

“what are you doing?!” soohee immediately took her wig and put it again on her head.

 

“w-what did you do?” jaejoong asked her with disbelief expression. “where’s you beautiful hair?”

 

“it’s gone. Can we just not talk about this, jaejoong? It only made me felt bad even more.”

 

“is your dad see you already?”

 

“nae. And I guess it only made him madder at me.”

 

“even if I am your dad I will be mad at you. You wasted your hair. Don’t you know that your hair is the only thing that is beautiful to you? Aish! I wonder why you are thinking so out of this world?”

 

“you know what, kim jaejoong? You are only making me felt bad even more.”

 

“It is not my intention to make you feel bad. I just want you to realize how stupid your deed is. I am not going to say its okay because I don’t want to lie with you. I wouldn’t be your bestfriend if I am not make you realize your mistake.”

 

“I know, I know. dad already made me realized that not only once but almost everyday so you don’t need to emphasize it anymore.”

 

“now I felt bad for you.” The jaejoong laid his head at her lap.

 

“you should! You are the reason why I thought of doing this.”

 

“now you’re blaming me… aish! But you know what? Your new hairstile looks cute with you. You better took you wig off.” Then jaejoong laughed hard.

 

“nae, nae, make fun of me, jaejoong. You’re so annoying you know!” then she grabed his hair and pull it.

 

“ouch! That’s hurt.”