XII. Going with the Flow

Music Sheet

 

 

“may I read that?” soohee approached jaejoong, who was busy in composing their pair up song, in the music room. And he was obviously shocked. He paused, fixed his eyeglass, and stared at soohee for a while.

 

“so?” soohee waited.

 

“what bad wind made you talk to me?”

 

“why? cant I talk to you?”

 

“no. but… never mind.” Then he lent to soohee his music sheet. “here.”

 

Soohee read the lyrics first. She immediately notice the title, DON’T FORGET (wasurenaide).

 

I was sitting on my bed,
Thinking about you
It’s okay if I can’t see you
This feeling of missing you is just enough for now

               

The vivid memory of yours still remains
The short message of yours is
Causing heart-rending feeling and tightening my chest, but
I want to continue to watch over your everlasting happiness

 

*I want to be the wind and wrap around you gently
I want to fly immediately into your world
Even though I want to see you… Even though I want to see you so badly
I will wait for you, so just don’t forget me

At the usual sidewalks
I was sensing your shadow
I pray quietly with my eyes closed
Not to let this feeling disappear for a long time

 

Although hurting deeply
You were smiling and not letting me acknowledge
I will always cherish you, so
I will continue to shout out even though my words are ordinary

The night when I touched you, as if it can break me…
My feelings grow again with your fragrance that is still drifting in the air, Baby

 

May this feeling never disappear
May these more tightly held hand never separate.

 

                I will be right here, so don’t forget me…

 

“do you like it?” jaejoong asked her. He was expecting some reactions from her but she just gave back the lyrics to him.

 

“is that what we are going to sing?” soohee asked. She was looking at him straightly and still wearing her look-right-through expression as if she is telling to jaejoong’s face that she is not affected or she doesn’t care anymore.

 

Because of disappointment, jaejoong took a minute to respond. And then while shaking his head,  he told soohee, “this is a good song for me. if you want I will play this for you even for a while. If you think this is already alright for you too, then let’s use this.” The he positioned himself infront of the piano.

 

“you don’t have to. If you wanted this song then, I’ll go for it too. I just approach you to ask. I’ll go now…” but before she even take a step, jaejoong hold her hand already.

 

“all that I am asking to you is to listen to me even for a while. Is it too much soohee? Why are you so afraid of confession?!” jaejoong couldn’t help to raise his voice a little. When he realized what he just do, he immediately soften his expression. “please stay for a while.”

 

Soohee didn’t understand why but when she saw jaejoong’s pained expression, she suddenly felt guilty and something more she didn’t know how to name. ‘why I am in this situation?’ she thought.

 

When jaejoong received no answer from her, he started to play his song for her. Yes, this is one of his song for her. He composed this song 3 years ago when soohee started to make a distance between them. he loves her even before her father died, even before they had their early marriage and even before the first time he saw her. But they were too young then that’s why he didn’t even bother to tell her. Mr. song knew it. And because of his possessiveness to have a son. He arranged her only daughter and his vice president’s son for a marriage. He witnessed how soohee act as if she have no objection with her father’s wanted. But in the end he couldn’t still love his own daughter. Instead of giving his attention for the favor that his daughter sacrificed for his own sake, he lent his full attention with jaejoong, who was supposedly going to a business school. and then her father died without even recognizing her as his daughter. She grieved so much especially at her father’s last will. He wanted her to marry jaejoong again after she celebrates her legal age before she claim what is rightfully hers. That’s when he decided to leave and go away to the Song family.

 

And meeting her again after 3 years made him realize how she had changed, how she became tough, and she became aloof. She is not the same soohee that he knew. But he guess, he is part why soohee is like that now.

 

~wasurenaide zutto tsutsumitai

Kimigairu sekaini

Zugutonde yukitai

Aitakutemo, aitakutemo

Matterukara tada, wasurenaide

 

Kokoniroyo, wasurenaide~

 

 

That’s when Hyaeri entered the music room as if she is in a rush.

 

“Soohee, your mom.”

---

 

“how is she?” soohee asked the doctor.

 

“your mom is stable now. But she still have to rest.” the doctor informed her that made her sighed in relief.

 

“can I see her now?”

 

“yes. You can take a look for her now before we give her medicine to make her sleep.”

 

Soohee rushed to her mother’s room. Hyaerin, jaejoong and his friend followed her inside.

 

“mom…” soohee said as she walked toward her mom. The latter smiled when she saw her daughter.

 

“are you alright, soohee? You look pale.”

 

“mommy, I was worried so much. I am sorry.”

 

“sorry for what?” mrs. Song asked then her eyes caught the people behind her daughter. especially the one who she recognized. “is that Jaejoong?” she asked looking at her daughter.

 

It took soohee a second before answering her mom. Since her mom already saw jaejoong, she guessed there is no turning back with this. For all of her life, she only have her mom. And now that the latter is hospitalized then she guess, it’s time for her to sacrifice for this woman.

 

Soohee sighed and nodded at her mom. Then she turned around and went to jaejoong and took his hand and walked to her mom’s bed with him.

 

“i found him, mom. I am sorry it took me so long.”

 

Jaejoong and the others were shocked with soohee but what made hyaeri, yunho, yoochun, changmin and junsu, shocked even more is what mrs. Song response with her daughter.

 

“oh… I am glad you already found your husband. Now all we have to do is to wait for you to turn 18 and you two will marry again each other.” Her mother seems to be very happy. “jaejoong, welcome back.” Then she gestured to jaejoong to come near and when he did, she hugged him. “I am glad to see you again, son-in-law.”

 

“marry? Husband? Son-in-law?” the five chorused with confusion.