IX. The encounter

Music Sheet

 

In  the dark forest where there were only trees around her, soohee wandered around to look for a house or person that could help her. She was already walking for almost an hour and she still havent found anything.

 

Not until she heard a breaking of a tree branch somewhere near.

 

“hello? Anybody here?”

 

And then the breaking of the tree branch, followed again of another breaking, and then another again.

 

“hey! Who are you?!” soohee is already frightened. She saw a branch of tree near her. She picked it up and hold it her two hands and prepare to defend herself if ever something dangerous comes out.

 

And then from nowhere, a lion came out and roar loudly like a thunder to her.

 

“don’t come near. Don’t come near.” Then she swayed the tree branch infront of the lion. The latter only roared another frightening roar.

 

“run, soohee!” a voice told her.

 

“who are you?”

 

“just run, soohee, run! She will attack you, so run!”

 

“but…”

 

Soohee will asked another question when the lion started to walk. That’s when she run and run and run until she is already exhausted. But she still have to run. She can still feel the lion behind her.

 

But because of fright and exhaust, her knees let go and she stumbled with one of the big rooted trees.

 

“ouch.” She winced in pain while watching the lion slow down while approaching her. ‘Why did he slow down. Isnt he going to attck me now and eat my flesh?’

 

And then suddenly the features of the lion changed. It changed from a human form. A very familiar form that he couldn’t believe it.

 

“dad?”

 

“see how weak you are, soohee? You cannot make it just by yourself. You are weak soohee, you are weak. Because you are a girl so you have no choice but to ask for a help of a man.”

 

“why are here?! You’re dead dad! Don’t make my life miserable again. I don’t want to remember you anymore. I don’t want to remember my bad memories of you, so leave me alone!”

 

And thenher dad suddenly disappear. She was alone again. And all that she could do is to cry. She cried and cried again.

 

“sshh… it’s okay.” Suddenly a being appeared and her back to comfort her. “uljima.”

 

“nugu~yah?” she asked while she tried to look at his face.

 

“it’s me.” and the place lighted and reveal to her who was it.

 

“jaejoong.”

 

“uljima.”

 

“jaejoong~ah! My dad. He appeared again. He made me cried again.”

 

“I know. uljima.”

 

“don’t leave me.”

 

“I cant.”

 

“what do you mean?”

 

“I am sorry. I have to go now.”

 

“wait, jaejoong! Wait!”

 

“mianhae.” And then his voice faded from nowhere.

 

“JJAKKAMAN!”

---

 

Soohee was panting when she woke up. ‘so it was all a nightmare? God, I thought it was real.’ Then she couldn’t help but to reminisce her past.