Third Kiss

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

After dinner, Kris continued working on his laptop while Tao tried to write up a paper for one of his classes. They were both working at the dinner table.

Tao sighed because he was stuck. He peeked over his laptop to stare at Kris.

After several minutes, Kris spoke up, “What?”

Tao tapped his chin, “Hey, Kris.”

“Yes.”

“I know we got off on the wrong foot, but let’s be friends at least.”

Kris didn’t answer and only continued to type.

“Krriiissssssss,” Tao whined as he ran over to Kris’ side. Kris had no reaction, so Tao pouted as he tugged on Kris’ arm, “Be friends with me?”

“What do I gain from this?” Kris, the ever calculating business man, asked.

“Friendship!” Tao replied brightly.

“That will not be necessary,” Kris shook his head.

“Krissss!” Tao continued whining.

“Fine,” Kris answered gruffly. “Now be quiet and let go. I need to finish this report.”

Tao grinned as he let go of Kris’ arm, “Okay, then!”

Tao continued to stand beside Kris and stare at him.

“What now?” Kris asked as he typed without looking up from his laptop.

“Promise?” Tao asked.

“Yes,” Kris didn’t peel his eyes from his screen.

“How do I know you mean it?” Tao asked.

“I always keep my word,” Kris replied.

“But how?” Tao insisted.

Kris turned in his seat to look at Tao, “I’m a professional and my word is final.”

“Still,” Tao huffed.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows and he proceeded to stare at Tao’s pouty lips.

“Krisss!” Tao began to whine about how Kris wasn’t paying attention to him. Finally, Kris stood up, pushing his chair back in the process.

“Wh-what?” Tao blinked his eyes rapidly.

“You talk too much,” Kris said as he pressed his lips against Tao’s. “Let’s make a kiss be the seal for a promise, then,” Kris whispered as he pulled away. What am I doing?!

Tao’s jaw dropped open. “Y-you…” Tao stuttered.

Kris smirked as he sat down and returned to his work. “Guess that was your third kiss.”

Tao blushed a cherry shade of red as he stomped away. What in the world is he doing?

Kris let out a small smile at Tao’s receding back. So soft.

******************************

The next morning, Kris woke up and got ready for work. He was outside drinking his coffee when he heard Tao shut his alarm off. After several minutes, he decided to check up on Tao.

“Wake up,” Kris said as he shook Tao’s shoulder.

“A few more minutes,” Tao mumbled.

“You already overslept fifteen minutes.”

Tao gasped as he ran to the bathroom, “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier!”

Tao hopped out to the kitchen and began making his breakfast and lunch. Kris was about to leave when Tao ran after him, “Kris! Kris! Please wait!”

Kris turned around and sighed.

Tao breathed hard as he caught up to Kris. He looked up at Kris with wide eyes, “Please give me a ride to school again?”

Kris didn’t reply as he walked off to his car. Tao sighed as he kicked the air. He’s not even looking back! Suddenly, Kris lifted his right hand and crooked his index and middle finger. Tao smiled happily as he ran after Kris, “Thank you so much!” He acts cold, but he’s actually really nice!

“If only you got up on time,” Kris shook his head as he started the engine.

“Well, it’s not my fault,” Tao pouted. “I usually get a ride from Kai or Sehun, but we don’t live in the same direction anymore. And I don’t know why I have such early classes this quarter. I usually take the bus for my later classes.”

“Maybe you can drive yourself,” Kris replied.

Tao frowned, “Me? Drive?”

“Yes, you.”

“I have a license,” Tao nodded. “But everyone tells me not to drive.”

“Really.”

“Yeah. I don’t know why. I think I’m pretty good.”

Kris had his doubts.

“My English is also really good!” Tao said excitedly. His face fell a little, “But I don’t know why people say it’s bad.”

“Really. Let’s hear you say something.”

 “Um, My name-u is Ta

Please log in to read the full chapter