Apology

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tao smiled to himself when he woke up. He dreamed that Kris kissed him and held his hand. What’s wrong with me? He doesn’t even like me, so why am I happy when I dream about something like that? Tao was about to stretch when something stopped him. Tao looked down to a head of blonde hair resting on the bed. Kris fell asleep on the chair holding Tao’s hand. Why is he holding my hand? Tao looked at his surroundings. When did we get to the hospital? Tao found his phone on the bedside table and checked the date and time. It was already the next morning. Did Kris really stay overnight? He doesn’t need to go to this extent to pretend that we’re happily married, does he?

Kris rustled and sat up, stretching his limbs. “You’re awake?” Kris’ eyes widened when he saw Tao. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, umm, yeah,” Tao looked down at his hand.

“Oh, oh yeah. Yeah,” Kris let go of Tao’s hand. “I’ll uh, call the doctor. And uh, hopefully you can be discharged.” Kris awkwardly stood up and walked out the hospital room.

******************************

“Come on,” Kris said. He tried to hold onto Tao to lead Tao to the car, but Tao pulled away. Kris’ face fell. “Well, uh, I’ll uh, open the door.” Kris ran to the car and opened the door for Tao.

When Tao got to the car, Kris helped Tao in the passenger seat. Kris grabbed the crutches and put them in the back of the car. Kris got in the driver’s seat and couldn’t help but let out a small smile when he saw Tao fumbling with the seatbelt.

“Here,” Kris leaned over to pull the seatbelt over Tao and buckled Tao in. Tao looked away out the window and closed his eyes.

Kris’ face fell again.

******************************

“Umm, about what I said,” Kris coughed when they got into their apartment. It was an awkward car ride home with neither knowing what to say. Kris wanted to bring the subject up, but felt the car wasn’t exactly the best place.

“Yeah?” Tao said quietly. He toyed with his fingers, nervous about confronting Kris about the incident.

When Kris didn’t say anything, Tao turned away. Yeah, there’s nothing to talk about between us.

“I didn

Please log in to read the full chapter