First Meeting

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris let out a discontented noise as he tapped his foot. He and both his parents along with Zitao’s parents had been sitting at the restaurant table for approximately five minutes already. Kris definitely disapproved of tardiness.

“Our Tao might just be a little late,” Mrs. Huang let out a nervous chuckle.

Mrs. Wu smiled warmly, “It’s no problem. We arrived a bit too early is all.”

Mr. Wu and Mr. Huang had strained smiles as they made small talk. Both were worried for their business plan if the marriage didn’t come through. Mr. Huang was feeling extra antsy because it was his son who wasn’t showing up.

Finally, they heard someone burst through the front door. Mrs. Huang cringed while Mr. Huang gave a disapproving look when they heard their son’s voice gasping for air while asking the receptionist, “I-I’m Huang Zitao! I think there’s a reservation for the Huang’s or Wu’s? I’m not sure who reserved the room!”

Kris frowned when he heard insistent babbling from the voice that claimed to be Huang Zitao. Being a businessman, Kris did not approve. Clearly, the voice belonged to an immature university student who couldn’t even speak correctly or attend events on time.

“Right this way, sir,” the receptionist led Tao to one of the VIP rooms.

Tao stumbled into the room looking disheveled with his messy blonde hair brushing over his eyes. “Sorry!” Tao said as he straightened himself. He didn’t notice his father glaring at him. “Hi everyone! I’m Huang Zitao, but you can call me Tao!”

“Oh!” Mrs. Wu beamed. “Sit down dear. You look positively out of breath! Did you run here?”

Kris eyed Tao up and down. The boy was tall and slender. Kris noted the blonde hair complementing Tao’s fair complexion. Kris’ eyes were captured by the boy’s face. He couldn’t stop looking at Tao’s cheeks which were slightly rosy from the exertion of running. Tao was definitely good looking and those photos Kris found of Tao did the boy no justice. Kris made note of Tao’s attire; white skinny jeans, a white knit sweater, with a wooly grey knit jacket zipped up halfway. Not too bad, but he looks a little messy and sloppy. Kris eyed the large duffel bag in Tao’s hand.

“Yeah, I did,” Tao let out a shy lopsided grin as he took the empty seat at the round table, which was between his mother the guy he recognized as Kris. “I finished wushu practice a little late,” Tao clarified. He was so into his practice that he didn’t notice the time. When Tao realized he was running late, he had quickly jumped into the showers to clean himself up and change. He hailed a cab, but since there was traffic, he got off and ran the rest of the way to the restaurant.

With

Please log in to read the full chapter