Learn to Love?

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Tao?” Tao heard his mother knocking on his bedroom door.

“Go away,” Tao’s voice came out muffled as he spoke into his pillow.

The door opened and Tao felt the edge of his bed sinking. “Tao honey, it’s either you or Lay. And Lay’s already got Suho, who your father has already approved of.”

“So?” Tao mumbled.

Mrs. Huang sighed, “Zitao, I’ve never asked anything from you before. Just listen to your father this once.” Tao’s mother meant serious business if she didn’t call Tao by his nickname.

Tao sat up, whining, “But I don’t love him! I don’t even know him!”

Mrs. Huang smiled warmly, “Honey, you can learn to love him.”

Tao pouted, “Mommyyyyyy.”

“Zitao,” Mrs. Huang gave Tao a firm look.

Tao pouted and tried to give his mother a puppy eyed look, “Pleeassseeeee.”

“Huang Zitao.” Yep, serious business.

Tao let out a disgruntled noise and fell under his covers, “Fine!”

“What was that, honey?” Mrs. Huang asked in surprise. Tao’s giving up faster than usual.

“I said fine,” Tao muttered.

“Are you ready to meet him tomorrow for dinner?” Mrs. Huang asked softly.

“Can you leave now? I want some time alone to think.”

“I’m sorry, Tao,” Mrs. Huang said sadly as she retreated out the door.

Tao sighed. He wouldn’t want his older brother to have to marry someone else when he already had a boyfriend. Plus, his brother was already taking up the responsibility of taking over the company. And it was true, his mother never asked him to do anything he didn’t want to do before. She had always sided with him against his father, whether it was learning wushu ever since he was a young child to supporting him in currently majoring in history at his university when his father wanted him to major in business and economics. She even sided with him so that he wouldn’t have to help out with the company because he was never interested in business. Tao thought everything was going fine and he would never be affiliated with the company again, when his father suddenly arranged a marriage between him and the son of some other hotshot company. Stupid dad. How can you trade your son’s marriage and love just like that? All for your stupid company.

******************************

“Kris?” Mrs. Wu kno

Please log in to read the full chapter