Smiling

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Eek!” Tao yelped the moment he got up and checked the time. “Oh no! I’m late again!”

Tao quickly changed his clothing and ran out to the kitchen. He wrinkled his nose at the smell of black coffee as he quickly blended himself a strawberry smoothie.

Kris grabbed his briefcase and wrinkled his nose at the smell of sweet food in the air. The fruits were fine, but Tao made something else. “You’ll get diabetes,” Kris remarked as he stared at the two cupcakes in Tao’s hands.

“Nuh uh,” Tao pouted. Tao’s eyes widened when he saw the time, “Kris! Please, please, please take me to school! I just missed the bus!”

Kris sighed to himself, “I can’t say no, can I?”

Tao scrambled about to grab his bag and food. “Oh no! What do I do for lunch?” Tao ran to the kitchen and shook his head while mumbling to himself. “Guess I have to buy food today?”

Kris silently left the apartment without saying anything. Tao heard the sound of the door closing and rushed out after Kris. “Wait up, Kris!” Tao pouted as he caught up to Kris. “Sheesh, can’t you walk slower?”

“No,” Kris walked on without looking back at Tao.

******************************

After a quiet ride, Kris pulled up at the front of Tao’s university. Tao spotted his friends and waved. “Bye, Kris! Thank you for the ride!” Tao said as he rushed off.

Kris nodded as he drove off.

“Ooh, got your husband taking you to school now, huh?” Sehun raised his eyebrow.

“How was your marriage night?” Kai wondered.

“We didn’t do anything,” Tao blushed. “Plus, we already said that we wouldn’t fall for each other from the start. We’re going to be living separate lives.”

“Says the one having his husband drive him to class,” Sehun said drily.

“I was late!” Tao protested.

Kai his phone and showed it to Tao while they were walking towards their class. Tao yelped in surprise. They were photos of him and Kris from the previous day. “Separate lives, huh?” Kai snickered.

“I-I wanted to go out, but our parents will only let us leave together!” Tao protested. “And Kris said there were photographers, so we had to pretend!”

“Suuurrreee,” Sehun and Kai said in harmony.

“Hey! Stop making fun of me! I’m telling the truth!”

“Cute ring you’re wearing there,” Sehun pointed at Tao’s ring finger.

“Well, I can’t just take it off, can I?” Tao pouted.

“This is the guy complaining about getting married last week,” Kai rolled his eyes.

“Hey! I still don’t want to be married to that guy!” Tao exclaimed. Of course I don’t. Right?

“Suuuuurreee,” Sehun and Kai said again.

“You guuuyysssss! Stop iiitttt!” Tao stomped away from his two friends.

***************************

Please log in to read the full chapter