Getting Closer

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris came home to Tao who was running about in the kitchen.

“Kris!” Tao exclaimed. “Sorry, but I got back late today! Can you buy these extra ingredients for me?”

Kris stared at the list Tao threw into his hands.

“Can you please help me?” Tao asked as he chopped up some bok choy. He the stove to boil a pot of water.

 “Chili peppers, whole, flakes, and powdered?” Kris blinked as he read the first item on the list. “There are flakes?”

Kris read aloud another some other items on the list, “Sugar and brown sugar? Isn’t all sugar the same?”

Tao swirled around and stared at Kris, “Are you serious?”

Kris looked helplessly at Tao, “I don’t know.”

“You know so many things, but you didn’t know there are different types of sugar,” Tao tried to hold back a smile.

“What? I don’t like sweet things in the first place,” Kris looked away in embarrassment.

Tao laughed as he turned off the stovetop and took off his apron. He grabbed Kris’ hand, “Let’s go together.”

******************************

While they walked down the aisles in the grocery store together, Tao pointed out many fruits, vegetables, and other foods that they commonly ate. He then went down the spices aisle to point out the many spices he used. Tao was pushing along a cart that was slowly being filled up even though they had enough food in their refrigerator for the next few days.

“Isn’t that everything in the store?” Kris joked. “You eat too much, Tao.”

Tao swatted Kris’ arm, “You eat them, too!”

“Okay, okay.”

Tao noticed some people whispering excitedly and pointing at them, so he shyly tugged Kris’ shirt and looked down at the ground. “Why are they looking at us?” Tao whispered.

“Because we’re supposedly famous,” Kris replied.

“Oh,” Tao bit his lip, feeling uncomfortable at the stares. He fidgeted when people began to take out their cameras to take photos when they realized that in fact it was the famous newly married rich couple that was shown in all the magazines.

Kris sighed and grabbed Tao’s hand, pulling Tao up against his side and wrapping Tao’s arm around his waist. Tao let out a small gasp as he stumbled towards Kris. Kris then put his own arm around Tao and used his other hand to take over the cart and navigate it towards the cash register.

Please log in to read the full chapter