Don't Unwind the Shutters!

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a Sunday, but Kris got up at six like every other day. The sun was barely coming up as he walked over to the windows and slightly opened the shutters. Kris went out to make a pot of coffee and returned to the bathroom in the bedroom to brush his teeth. After preparing himself, he went out and poured himself a cup of coffee. He checked the front door and was satisfied to see his newspaper delivered right outside. Mom must have set it up for me. Kris read the newspaper while drinking his coffee and could only roll his eyes at the front page story. Of course it’s about our wedding.

At seven, Tao was mumbling and trying to cover his eyes from the sun. Finally, he got too upset and sat up, “Why is the sun shining on me!” Tao looked around his unfamiliar surroundings and gasped. He brushed his teeth and stomped outside to see Kris sitting on the living room couch, watching the news. “Hey! Hey!”

Kris looked up to see Tao with his hands on his hips and a very angry expression, “Don’t unwind the shutters if you’re not going to be in the room! Other people need to sleep!”

“I like to open them as soon as I wake,” Kris said coldly. Kris returned his attention to the television.

Tao sat down on the couch beside Kris, snatched the remote, and successfully changed the channel to a cartoon show.

“Hey, change that back,” Kris shot Tao a glare.

“No,” Tao retorted. “You have to pay me back for making me wake so early.” There was no way Tao was letting the issue go. How inconsiderate could Kris be to unwind the shutters?

“That doesn’t make sense,” Kris grabbed the remote and changed the channel back. Kris couldn’t believe how incredibly childish Tao was being. What does the television have to do with unwinding the shutters?

“Yes, it does,” Tao snatched the remote.

“I need to watch the news,” Kris grabbed the remote back from Tao. He proceeded to place it by his side, so Tao couldn’t reach it.

“I need to watch my cartoon,” Tao leaned over Kris’ body to snatch the remote again.

“The news is more important,” Kris tried to retrieve the remote, but Tao held onto it tightly.

“So? Watch it on your laptop or something,” Tao said stubbornly.

“Why would I do that? The news is on the television for a reason.”

“Go away!” Tao huffed as he crossed his arms.

“Why don’t you watch your childish cartoons el

Please log in to read the full chapter