Cold or Warm?

Marry Me!
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Can you eat any more neatly?” Kris asked.

“I can hear the sarcasm,” Tao muttered. “So? I’m hungry.”

“That has nothing to do with how you eat,” Kris replied.

Tao ignored Kris and continued eating.

“Your mouth,” Kris suddenly said.

“Hmm?” Tao looked up.

“There’s some…” Kris sighed and leaned over to wipe the side of Tao’s lip with his thumb.

“O-oh!” Tao blushed and pulled away. He grabbed a napkin and wiped his lips furiously. “Um, I have it,” Tao nodded his head.

“We don’t want the press to see how messy you eat,” Kris quickly said to cover his intimate act.

“Yeah,” Tao softly murmured. Eeeekkkk. That was so cool!

Kris chuckled at Tao’s quickly changing expressions. Cute… Wait, what? Kris shook his head and resumed eating. He sighed and reached his arm over the table to pinch Tao’s cheek. “Hurry up and finish eating, Zitao.” So soft.

“Oh!” the flustered boy picked up his utensils and dropped them on the table. “Oh no!”

Kris waved a waiter over and motioned at the eating utensils. The waiter nodded and quickly collected them, returning briefly to place brand new ones down.

“Thank you,” Tao said shyly.

They finished their meal in silence. When they finished, Tao fumbled around to find his wallet, only to find out he didn’t bring it with him. “Umm,” Tao bit his lip. Kris placed his card on the tray and shook his head. “I’ve got it.”

“Thank you,” Tao said softly. Such a gentleman.

Kris stood up and grabbed Tao’s hand, pulling Tao out the restaurant. “How are you getting home?” Tao’s crooked sweater annoyed Kris, so Kris straightened it for Tao. Tao looked up in surprise. Kris looked coldly at Tao in return. “How old are you that you can’t wear your clothes properly?”

“I do wear my clothes properly!” Tao protested. Tao grumbled and spun around, stomping off. He felt around his pockets and froze when he couldn’t find any change. He got to where he was by walking and public transportation. How was he going to get back home?

“How did you get here?” Kris who was behind Tao, held Tao’s shoulder and turned Tao around to face him.

“The subway and bus,” Tao said. “I’ll be off now.” Tao felt around for his phone. “Can I uh, borrow your phone?”

Kris grabbed Tao’s hand and pulled Tao off to his car. “Let’s go. I’ll take you home.” Stupid child. How could he forget to bring his wallet and phone? What would happen if he didn’t meet me? He would have been walking home alone in the dark! It’s very dangerous. I mean, he needs to be safe at least until the wedding is over, right? It’s not like I care about his well being.

“Oh, okay. Um, are you sure?” Tao stumbled after Kris. Why does everyone walk so fast? “Slow down, Kris!” Tao stumbled over a rock and fell forward, only to land in Kris’ arms. “Sorry!” Tao stood straight up and straightened himself. Oh my God! That was so romantic! If only I could stay in his arms, though!

“It’s no problem,” Kris said coldly. “Come on.” Kris took out his remote and unlocked his car. Kris pointed at the car ahead. “That one.”

Tao nodded and hurried to the passenger side, sliding inside the car.

Please log in to read the full chapter