Out Of Touch

Lunacy Fringe

Peering over at Youngjae doubled over sweating profusely, Soonim place her hand on his back rubbing smoothing circles to ease the cold chills traveling up his spine.  Feeling his body jerk under her touch, Youngjae gagged feeling bile rush up his esophagus.  Placing a hand over his mouth, he futilely tried to prevent breakfast from coming back up.  Sickly yellow liquid dribbled through his fingers into his lap and onto the bed.

 

“I’ll get the trashcan,” Soonim said, alleviating herself from sitting beside him to shuffle over to the trashcan near the bedroom door.  Picking up the object she carried it back over to where Youngjae sat fighting down another wave of bile.  “Here yeobo.”

 

Sitting his head into the trashcan, Youngjae shook violently through the painful retching of sickness erupting from his mouth.  When he was finally done, he gazed up at Soonim patiently his damp hair.  “I’m sorry we can’t go out for lunch after your ultrasound today.”

 

“I don’t mind,” Soonim smiled.  “Just being with you is enough for me.  Let’s get you cleaned up and see can we make an appointment to see the doctor for you while we’re out today.  I hope your cancer hasn’t come back.  The doctors said there wasn’t a chance for it to resurface.”

 

“I’ll be fine in a little while, don’t even think about cancer.  I’m not going to leave you or our baby,” Youngjae voiced.  “Don’t worry about me, you need to focus on stay healthy.”

 

“I can worry about you if I want,” Soonim pouted leaning forward to place a kiss to his sweaty forehead.  “You are my husband, I love you just as much as our child.  If anything happened to you, I don’t know what I would do with myself.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere,” Youngjae said.  “Once I get cleaned up we can go to hospital for your appointment.”  Nodding she allowed him to get up to wash up while she pulled off the soiled blankets, taking them to the washing machine.  Throwing in the items setting them to wash, Soonim grabbed the mop to disinfect the floor. 

 

Humming, woman thought about suggesting to the doctors a new medication that would not contraindicate the drugs she already had him on.  Of course she would have to be careful in regards to revealing she was once a practicing nurse in Korea.  She knew there were still people in Korea who could not accept the life she and Youngjae were making for themselves.  If those people discovered her location she would be separate from her husband during his most trying time.

 

“Soonim?” Youngjae popped his head out of the bathroom to stare at her.  “Can you help me dry my hair?”

 

“Of course yeobo,” Soonim chimed pulling out of her thoughts.  Placing the mop aside, she strolled into the bathroom taking the towel Youngjae offered her to towel off his hair.

 

“Do you realize how beautiful you look when you take care of me?” Youngjae blurted out.  Gazing up at the boyish face blushing unintentionally, her heart swelled with love knowing she would be the only woman to ever see this sweet tender side of Youngjae.

 

“It’s because I have the chance to take care of you,” Soonim murmured standing up on her tiptoes to place a kiss to his lips.  “I love you so much Youngjae.  I’m happy that I am your wife.”

 

“I am happy you are my wife as well,” Youngjae agreed.

 

“Shall we get going then?  I’m intrigued to find out what we are going to have.”  Pulling away, she led Youngjae out of the bathroom.  Preparing to leave the apartment, Soonim completely let the idea of others coming between her and Youngjae out of her mind.  Their love was stronger than anything in the world.

 

“What are you smiling about?” Youngjae glanced over at the woman sitting beside him on the bus gently rubbing her belly.  Resting his head on her shoulder his eyes turned down to her protruding belly watching her fingers run soothing circles over the swell.  Placing his hand next to hers, Youngjae was amazed to find spurts of movement against her belly.

 

“Our little one is saying hello,” Soonim smiled nuzzling her cheek next to his.

 

“To think we’ll be able to meet them in a few more months.”

 

“Are you excited over that thought?” Soonim tilted her head sideways watching him out of the corner of her eyes while he hummed softly to her belly.  Even if he did not remember his time in B.A.P. singing was so innately ingrained within him, Youngjae subconsciously engaged in the act.

 

“Of course I am.  This is our first child,” Youngjae exclaimed.  “Who wouldn’t be excited?  I’m going to make a full recovery so I can spend as much time with our baby as possible.”

 

“I know you will,” Soonim agreed.  Lifting her hand to his hair, Soonim allowed her eyes to shift outside, gazing at the world beyond the window.  Once she perfected the right combination of drug therapy for him after getting new drugs, perhaps Youngjae would have more energy to do things on his own.  She worried about him getting lost in the city alone or taken advantage of.  Things between them had to be perfect for the baby after all.

 

“Soonim isn’t this our stop?” Youngjae gently shook the woman out of her daydream when the bus rolled up to a stop several feet from the entrance of the OBGYN clinic and emergency visit department.

 

“It is,” Soonim nodded.  Youngjae helped the woman to her feet, thanking the bus driver as they exited the bus.  Smoothing out her dress, Soonim’s heart again fluttered to think that in a matter of an hour they would know if they had a little boy or girl.  Linking her hand in his, she pulled Youngjae along to the entrance of the OBGYN clinic.  Approaching the reception desk, Soonim gave the woman behind the counter a warm smile.  “I’m here for my monthly check up.”

 

“And your last name?” the receptionist questioned.

 

“Yoo.  Spelled Y-O-O.”  Rubbing her belly as the woman checked her list, Soonim gave Youngjae’s hand a little squeeze.  In turn a grin stretched across his face, the light in his eyes shining.

 

“Oh, Mrs. Yoo here you are.  I’ll let the doctor know right away you’re here.  If you will have a seat in the lobby, he’ll be right with you,” the receptionist stated, turning from the two to punch in an extension for the doctor.  “Sir, Mrs. Yoo and her husband are here for their monthly check up.”

 

“Over here Soonim.”  Youngjae motioned in regards to chairs opposite of the crowded waiting area.  Leading the woman in the direction of the seats, his eyes caught sight of a group of police officers accompanied by a man and woman in suit bee lining their way hastily.

 

“Ahn Soonim,” the man in the suit called catching the pregnant woman’s attention.  “Move away from the young man and put your hands up.”

 

“What’s going on here?” Soonim blinked, confusion flooding her eyes.

 

“We’re federal agents in charge with bringing you both back to Korea.  I need you to do as told,” the man replied flashing her his ID quickly.  “We have officers waiting outside for you both.”

 

“Don’t make us have to cause a scene here,” the female federal agent replied.  “We can do this as quietly as possible without harming you or the baby.”

 

“I don’t understand,” Soonim shook her head stepping closer to Youngjae.  Glancing over her shoulder to the exit, she found more officers blocking the path.  Flashing lights illuminated the outside on the far left of the building.  Murmurs from patients in the waiting area filled her ears, wondering what was going on.

 

“Put your hands up Ahn Soonim, we won’t tell you again,” the woman ordered.

 

“Soonim,” Youngjae said, his eyes filling with fear.

 

“Yoo Youngjae release her hand and step towards me,” the male federal agent requested.

 

“What’s going on?” Youngjae voiced.

 

“Step towards me and I will explain everything once we have her in custody.”

 

“Ahn Soonim the act is over, you’re caught.  Don’t make us hurt you or the baby,” the woman said moving her hand to a side arm concealed by her jacket.  “Don’t make me draw on you.”

 

“How did you find us?” Soonim glared.  “Leave us alone, we haven’t harmed anyone.  We’re happy together, there’s no reason to do this.  We love each other.”

 

“Step away from him Ahn Soonim, I won’t repeat myself,” said the female agent drawing her side arm to take aim at Soonim.  “Don’t force me to pull the trigger.  For the sake of you and your child, surrender now.  You don’t want to have resisting arrest added to your charges.”

 

“Please don’t do this, we love each other,” Soonim pleaded.

 

“You know what you did was wrong.  End it here.”

 

“Soonim, what is she talking about?” Youngjae inquired.

 

“I have her Drake, get the boy,” the female agent motioned to her partner.  Federal agent Drake took quick strides wrapping a hand around Youngjae’s wrist, yanking him to his side out of reach of Soonim who screamed and reached for Youngjae.  “Don’t move.”

 

“Leave us alone,” Soonim screeched.

 

“Cuff her,” the woman snapped to one of the officers behind her.

 

“Tell me what’s going on,” Youngjae demanded.

 

“Ahn Soonim, you are charged with the kidnapping of Yoo Youngjae and murder of Baek Su Jin, as well as the attempted murder of Go Mi-Yun.  You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law.  You have the right to an attorney.  If you do not have an attorney, one shall be appointed to you.  Do you understand these rights?” the female agent said keeping her gun trained on Soonim thrashing against being cuffed.

 

“Please don’t do this.  We’re going to have a baby,” Soonim shrieked.  “We love each other, please don’t do this.”

 

“Do you understand your rights Ahn Soonim?” the female agent once more repeated.  “Don’t make this difficult for yourself.”

 

“We’re happy together,” Soonim spat.  “He’s mine.  He will always be mine.  You won’t be able to separate our hearts.  Don’t worry yeobo, they won’t be able to keep us apart.  We will always be connected.”

 

“Get this nutcase out of here,” Federal agent Drake barked.

 

“He will always be mine no matter what,” Soonim laughed dragging her feet as the officers towed her out of the hospital.

 


A/N: And so begins the real story now that this is out of the way.  After much deliberation of how to approach the chapter after Detective Mun had his evidence, the most direct route seemed best.  There's so much to think about and consider for next chapter.  This time I promise to have the chapter out by the end of the week.  I've just started working on developing a game version of my friend's story Twisted.  It's taking up a lot of time but it will be worth it once I finish.  Look forward to that and my schedule updates of this as well.