Destroyed

The Weight Of Our Memories

 

 

 

For Jessica, everything she thought she knew about Donghae was about to come crashing down, it was saddening but for Taeyeon to have her bestfriend back she had to break her heart.
You see people always have secrets, secrets that they don't want anyone to know, locked deep inside their soul.
Something Taeyeon learned in her travels around the world was that.

People don't save other people...
People save themselves...


-"Jessica?" Taeyeon was startled as she saw Jessica casually walking into the kitchen.

-"Oppa?" Jessica whispered.

Both girls were shocked as they saw each other after such a long time, after all the things that happened.
Taeyeon surely couldn't forget that night, it was the night Jessica turned into this ice, heartless person.
A strange silence was felt through out the kitchen as no one muttered a single word.

-"Seo? Seo? Whats dinner?" Asked a starving Sooyoung as she got home.

Sooyoung went into the kitchen and immediatly felt the heavy atmosphere.

-"Hey? What's going on? Who's this girl?"

-"Sooyoung, let's go I have snacks for you in my bedroom."

-"Aish, snacks? I really wanted some real food but I guess that will have to do" Said Sooyoung in a casual tone as she understanded that Seohyun was asking for them to leave the room.

Sooyoung and Seohyun went to Seohyun's bedroom.

-"Unnie wait, I'll go with you" Said a nervous Krystal as she quickly left too.


Taeyeon and Jessica were alone now. Both sat in opposite ends of the table looking at each other.

"Oppa? Where have you been? How are you? I'm so sorry about that night" Jessica thought.

"Jessica have you been alright? Could you cope with his death? I have to tell you something..." Taeyeon thought.

Both girls thoughts ran wild but none could start the conversation that they knew it could be a new start or a tragic ending.

"Hey Jessica, talk to the girl, what are you waiting for?" Donghae said as he appeared behind Taeyeon.

"Not you again...Aish! Disappear for god's sake" Jessica thought.

Donghae appeared sitting at the head of the table.

-"Come on don't be like this, talk to her"

"Ahhh! You're my imagination why are you trying to get me to talk?"

-"Because deep inside, that's what you want" He slowly faded into nothing.

-"Taeyeon..." Jessica mumbled in a low voice.

-"Yes?"

-"Why did you come?"

-"Well...after that night, I went home and cried. Then I realized there was no use crying cause crying wouldn't bring Donghae back to life nor would it bring you back into my life"

-"So I packed my things, sold my house and my things, said my goodbyes to my family and decided I needed some time for myself, so I went on a trip arround the world. Then I realized it was plain stupid cause I was just running away from things, so I came here to fix it all."

-"You came...to fix? What?"

-"There is nothing to fix. I'm sorry Taeyeon" Jessica said with tears streaming down her face.

-"I, why are you apologizing to me? I should be the one apologizing" Taeyeon had now started to cry too.

-"No, oppa I'm sorry I talked so harshly to you that night, you see the doctor told me that he drinked...a lot, I know it was never your fault I'm terribly sorry oppa"

-"I wished it was you oppa at that moment I wished it was you who was dead instead of him, I know it wasn't good to think like that but I still thought it"

-"That's, okay Jessica I also thought it should've been me instead of him but there are somethings you don't know Jessica and I have to tell you now so everything can be fixed"

Jessica froze in her sit as she heard Taeyeon's words. What could she possibly tell her?

-"You see Jessica, that night Donghae had predicted you would stay home so he could go meet someone..."

-"Meet someone?"

-"Yes, I'm sorry for telling you this so late Jessica but Donghae was cheating on you"

-"What? Cheating? No, no I can't believe that"

-"I knew it for a long time, I even told him to stop but he wouldn't, you see Jessica the problem is that..."

Silence strook the medium sized kitchen again.

-"I love you Jessica, I always loved you since we met each other, from day one I've loved you"

-"I couldn't take it anymore with the bestfriend act and when I was about to confess, but Donghae knew I loved you so he blackmailed me"

-"You love me? Blackmail? What?"

-"Just let me finish I'll answer all your questions"

-"I knew you were not into girls, so I didn't know how you would consider my confession so I quit, but Donghae took advantage of that, the person he was seeing is someone you know very well..."

-"Son Ga In, and I tried to stop it but he threatened me that he would tell you about my feelings towards you so I could never do anything about it cause I was afraid that you would stop being arround me at all, the truth is that I was afraid to lose you Jessica"

Jessica froze in her seat, she needed time to take all this information in.
Taeyeon loved her? Donghae cheated on her with Son Ga In? And...wait, then what happened that night?

-"Taeyeon? Oppa?"

-"Yes?"

-"You told me all this but, what happened in the night of the accident?"

-"Do you really want to know about it? Are you sure Jessica?"

-"Yes please tell me everything" She said with conviction.

-"Okay, but remember this was your choice, you were better off not knowing" Taeyeon said.

-"That night when we bid our goodbyes to you Donghae drove to Ga In's home and picked her up, then as we drove to the St.Patrick's day party, she and Donghae started fighting I still can't understand what about, I was in the backseat and she was in the front passenger seat"

-"We were going fast down the street to a crossing when suddenly Ga In slapped Donghae with such a strenght that he let go of the steering wheel he quickly tried to regain control of the car but it was already too late, a car hit us from the side and that's all i can remember..."

-"I remembered waking up in the hospital with only a few scratches but Donghae was left in the state you saw and Ga In was...dead."

-"I asked the doctor to tell you that Donghae had drinked but it wasn't true, I couldn't have you knowing that your now critically injured boyfriend was like so because of a ***** "

-"I know I shouldn't have done it and when Donghae was dying I went to that rooftop to tell you the truth but I couldn't, i couldn't break the heart of the girl I love"

Silence was felt again, both girls crying and Jessica in a shocked state of mind. She couldn't believe what she heard.

"Weren't we happy? Why did he do that? Son Ga In?" She thought.

Jessica got up and went outside to sit in the garden leaving Taeyeon in the kitchen. Taeyeon quickly got up and followed her to sit next to her.

-"Jessica, Jessica, stop crying...He doesn't deserve your beautiful tears nor your beautiful face ruined" Taeyeon said as she cupped her face.

Taeyeon kissed Jessica's lips and embraced her tightly.
Jessica was not into girls, she didn't have such preferences at all in her mind.
But being with Taeyeon right now just felt...
Right