Cupcake

The Weight Of Our Memories

 

 

 

Tiffany knew she was not okay. All the things that happened these days finally caught up to her last night. Her relationship with Yuri, Jessica Jung appearing in her life. She somehow tried to deal with all of it but deep down she knew she couldn't do it cause she was not made of steel. She remembered the warnings Sunny had gave both of them.
Somehow inside of her she now regreted she didn't listen to them. Tiffany decided that today with all her honesty she would break up with Yuri, their relationship was never meant to be.
All Tiffany wanted now was to look honest.

Honest is how she wanted to look
The truth didn't glitter and shine.



Jessica buzzed the door bell.

*BZZZZZZZ*

The door opened without no one coming over the intercom.
Jessica slowly entered the house.

-"Up here" She heard Tiffany's voice.

She got up to the third floor to find Tiffany in the couch covered up in a blanket.

-"Are you okay?"

-"Yes, well no...let's just say I had a rough night"

"It was partly your fault" Tiffany thought.

-"Oh, okay"

-"So what can I do for you?"

-"Please cancel all my schedules and meetings for today, I won't be going anywhere when my head feels like it will burst any second now"

-"Very well. Anything else?" Jessica said with an impersonal tone.

"Such coldness...why is she giving me a cold shoulder?" Tiffany thought.

-"Bring me aspirines, please"

-"Okay, got it"

Jessica went down to the first floor and started cleaning the small office, then she went to the conference room and tidied it up.
She sat on the desk, the computer and checked Tiffany's schedule, cancelling everything she had planned for today.

-"Ms.Tiffany?"

-"Yes" A low and distant voice answered.

-"I'll be going out to get the aspirines"

-"Okay"

Jessica went to a store near Tiffany's home and bought the aspirines on her way back she passed in front of a rather curious pink café.

-"Kara's Cupcakes?" Jessica read the sign.

Jessica went inside the small pink café as she remembered she didn't have breakfast.

-"Hello? Anybody here?"

Jessica saw a figure rushing behind the counter.

-"Uh? Omo, I'm sorry"

-"Welcome to Kara's Cupcakes what can I get for you?"

Jessica looked at the brunette girl in front of her, she looked at her name tag.

"Goo Hara"

-"Yes please, give me 2 of those chocolate sprinkled cupcakes and an expresso"

-"Yes m'am"

Jessica watched as the girl moved with swiftness and quite some speed behind the counter to get her order quickly ready.
As Jessica was about to sit in one of the tables she saw another girl coming from behind the counter with a tray and put it in her table.

-"You're not from around here are you?" The girl asked.

Jessica looked for her name tag but didn't find one, who was this girl? what the hell?

-"No" Jessica answered while making use of her Sica effect, making the girl take a step back.

-"Nicole? Nicole?"

-"Yes, boss?" As Nicole turned arround Hara was already in front of her.

-"Are you annoying the customers again?"

-"Huh? No, i was just...ahh forget it I'm gonna do my job"

Nicole left back to the other side of the counter and into what appeared to be the kitchen.

-"I'm sorry for my friend. Was she annoying you?"

-"No, No not at all"

-"You work around here?"

Jessica looked at Hara inspecting her for any malicious intent but she saw any. This girl was asking questions out of pure curiosity.

-"Yes, I work as a P.A"

-"P.A? Don't tell me you work for Tiffany Hwang?"

-"Yes, she hired me some time ago"

-"Ah, finally she hired a P.A, her office was totally chaotic"

Jessica totally knew what Hara meant and even showed a small grin.

-"You're friends with Ms.Tiffany?"

-"Ms.Tiffany? Ah I guess you're not that close to her yet don't worry you'll be"

Hara left without answering Jessica's question what made the latter a bit mad.

-"Hara? Hara?"

A beautiful figure entered the café. 

-"Oh, Gyuri"

Hara came to Gyuri and gave her a small peck on the cheek.

-"How's your day going?" Hara asked with a cute face.

-"Fine, I left Sooyoung taking care of the store to come here"

"Sooyoung?" Jessica thought as she thought she heard the name of that tall tower.

Jessica got up and went near the other girl.

-"Do you perhaps know someone called Choi Sooyoung?"

-"What don't tell me you also know that food eating disaster?"

-"Yes, she's kinda my house mate"

-"Ah, you must be Jessica, Sooyoung told me a lot about you"

-"Gyuri, Jessica here is working for Tiffany as her P.A"

-"What? Tiffany finally found a P.A that wouldn't fall in love with her?"

Both girls looked with questioning faces at Jessica.

-"Really you can't fall in love with Tiffany?"

Jessica turned her head to see a girl with a motorcycle helmet arround her arm entering the café.

-"I mean even I couldn't resist her" Gyuri said, earning a slap on the arm from Hara.

-"Okay, enough of bothering Miss Jessica let's all resume or jobs" Said Hara as she saw more customers coming in.

-"Nicole take care of the café for a while"

-"Yes boss"

-"Aish! Those two can't really hide that they're a couple, always going somewhere when Gyuri comes here, that boss of ours..." Said the girl with the motorcyle helmet.

-"Hello, I'm Han Seungyeon"

-"Hello nice to meet you" Said Jessica as she looked at the other girl's rather curious outfit.

"She must do the deliveries" Jessica concluded after seeing her outfit.

-"You really can't fall in love with Fany?"

"Fany? What is that supposed to be? A nickname?" Jessica thought as she furrowed her brow.

-"I guess..."

-"Hey, Seungyeon stop chit chating and come work we're about to get swamped"

-"Yes"

Jessica saw Seungyeon disappear behind the counters. Jessica ate her breakfast but as she was leaving the store she thought of her sick boss, she wanted to give her something warm to drink.

"I don't wanna appear like I'm kissing up to her" She thought.

"Geez I'll take it anyway"

-"Seungyeon. Excuse me?"

-"Ah yes"

-"Can you give me some hot chocolate?"

-"Sure thing"

It wasn't long before the paper bag with a cup inside was already on top of the counter. Jessica thanked the girls and left.

-"Hey Nicole, what do you think of this one?"

-"Oh this one is going to be a challenge for Fany"

-"We'll have to wait and see" Said Nicole as she saw the girl leaving the café.


Jessica went home. As she entered she walked up to the third floor and saw Tiffany still lying on the couch.

-"Ms. Tiffany?"

-"Oh, Jessica you're back. No need to call me Ms. We're actually the same age"

-"Just call me Tiffany"

-"Okay, Tiffany here this is for you"

Tiffany noticed the emblem in the paper bag and smiled.

-"You went to Kara's Cupcakes? What did they tell you about me?"

-"Nothing really"

-"Hummm, i see"

-"Now please do my schedules for the next few days okay?"

-"Yes"

Jessica went downstairs and started working on the computer typing at lightning speeds to get her job done quickly.



Hyoyeon woke up in Yuri's bedroom, she looked to her side to find an empty space in bed. She got up and dressed, as she looked to the side she noticed a handwritten note.

"You left me, now I leave you, if you want it again blondie...Call me"

Hyoyeon smiled and left Yuri's place.


Sunny went to the resort to visit Seohyun.

-"Yoona tell that detective you found to come meet me here"

-"Yes m'am" Yoona said but she wasn't paying much attention her thoughts were with Sooyoung.

-"Yoona, stop thinking about that giant and do what I told you" Sunny said.
 
-"What?"

-"Oh c'mon Yoona it's there for everyone to see that you fell heads over heels for that giant girl"

Yoona blushed.

-"I think it's nice you found someone you like, I'm not against it Yoona" Said Sunny with a smile.

Yoona returned Sunny's smile. Yoona grabbed her phone and quickly called the detective.

-"Hello?"

-"This is Im Yoona I called earlier today"

-"Yes when and where can I meet with the client?"

-"Right now, come to Flowerton Resort"

-"Ok"

The other side hung up and Yoona quickly rejoined her boss.
Both girls walked to the resort's garden's.
Sunny looked all over the place for Seohyun and spotted the latter siting on a bench under a nice big oak.

-"Seo" Sunny said giving the girl a quick peck on the cheeks and making her blush.

-"Sunny" 

-"Sunny, I want to know...today" Said Seohyun with a serious face.

-"Sunny I have to know if it's gonna end"

-"C'mon Seo not this again, we both know this isn't easy, it's a marriage, it's something that doesn't end from night to day"

-"Sunny you have a month"

-"Seo listen to me...I can't control the direction of the wind but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination"

-"That meaning?"

-"You gave me a month? Okay then"

Sunny got up from the bench and walked away with Yoona not far behind.