7 years ago...

MIA (Missing in Action)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan came home with his son from kindergarten, smiling and laughing. He had just picked him up after a long day and bought him his favorite ice-cream. He knew he would come home to an empty house but he didn't care. He knew his husband would come home some time soon, and he would start with dinner so it was finished when he pulled up.

Their three year old son ran into his room and started pulling out every play thing available and running back out to his father to watch him cook and play at the same time. Himchan smiled at him. He did that every day since he became old enough to walk the small stairs himself. And Himchan loved it.

He and his husband have been living together for nearly 6 years. They met in the coffee shop Himchan loved and cherished so much that he just had to go there everyday, or at least 5 times a week. They just bumped into each other one day. And that's when they clicked. They started to see each other more frequently, not only in the coffee shop. And a couple of months with happy moments of love later, they moved into a small house on the end of the street. Two years later they're a happily married couple, and one year after that, their son came into their world. 

"Appa? When is appa coming home?"

Their three year old son; Bang Yongsook were still sitting on his place on the floor behind his father. Everyday he asked the same question. And everyday Himchan answered the same thing. But today were different. He didn't have time to answer as it rang on the door. A young man, a soldier, gave Himchan a letter dedicated to his husband from the army. He thank the young man and went back to the kitchen, sat down and opened it.

Tears. Streaming down his face like wild waterfalls. He read the letter again, and again, and aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter