Heavy Rain

Something Like, Bubblegum

"It's really cold tonight." Luhan said as he carries his voice in a terrible shiver; fingernails playing a subtle scratching sound as he embraces himself for a hopeful warmth.

"Yeah, the coldest night I have ever experienced in Korea. I probably have to treasure this." Kris agrees, who was right beside Luhan; contouring the silhouettes of heavy weights on small wheels and click pullers, as seen standing beside the doorstep of his dorm.

He then looks at Luhan, who's aura has suddenly changed. "Are you okay?"

Luhan didn't respond though, as he seemed that he was too busy isolating his view away, and too occupied with rubbing his arms.

"I just realized I'm still on my uniform." Kris laughs. "I had to catch up on the last classes I needed to attend." He then slid down his coat and swung it flawlessly on Luhan's shoulders.

Luhan follows a short giggle, propping his arms behind him and looked up to the starry night sky. "So it's true?" He asks, eyes started to glitter as how the lights up above blinks at them.

"What?"

"That you're leaving."

Kris laughs again, scooting closer to Luhan. "It's a choice, Lu-lu. I didn't know which cold nights I would like better, so I had to try what it feels like to have a Canadian winter."

"But you lived there before."

"I was a kid back then."

Expecting the other to argue, Kris was left with no response and was caught off guard as Luhan falls in to his chest, fingers aggregating his uniform in long lines of wrinkling and despair. It wasn't long for him to adapt the next feeling; warm tears swelling all over him.

"Luhan..."

"This—this is self-abhorrence." Luhan calls his action, stuttering and sobbing in each syllable.

Kris laughs, and then tries to put his friend in to place. "Don't you remember? I was the person who almost harassed you."

"No."

"But–"

° ° ° °

Kyungsoo was running towards were Luhan and Kris were, because he feels something is going to bring up again between the two.

"Kyungsoo hyung!" Sehun calls him, who just went out of their dorm.

He faces back, sighed and dragged Sehun with him.

"Where are we going, hyung?"

"Just watch your step."

° ° ° °

"No, Kris. Past is past, and it's not bothering me now anyway." His grip became tighter, pulling Kris in to the black hole of his endless tears. "What I'm crying about is how I feel guilty of everything we had, and now you're leaving me."

"I'm leaving everyone, not just you." Though it hurts to say that, he had to. Just to make it look like he's assuring things without leaving any knives buried.

"Kris." Luhan pushes himself away and looked in to the other's eyes. "I'm sorry, for every single wrong thing I did to you."

"There's nothing you did wrong to me, Luhan."

"Yes, there is." Luhan sobs. "I used to love you."

Kris got shocked by the revelation, hooking him in to that bleeding scar again.

"But you have Sehun..."

"No, no." Luhan found it hard to explain, but he's eager to push himself to get his feelings through. "What I meant is that I shouldn't have rejected you. But things went this way because of my confusion. I consider Sehun as the one, but putting myself back to where you loved me and I had feelings for you... this couldn't have happened. I want you to be my friend, I need you to stay."

Kris laughs, though he kept it low and made sure that Luhan wouldn't hear it. He stood up and grabbed Luhan by the wrist, ran to the nearest tree. By the time they reached the shade, it started raining heavily. Kris smiled and lifted his coat to the other's head, making sure he won't get too wet.

"How did you know?"

Kris ignored the nonsense and cupped Luhan's face. "Your wrong about one thing."

"Kris?"

"I still love you."

Kris looked straight in to Luhan's eyes, the gleaming light from it asking for the one last moment that they'll have. Luhan knows this is wrong, but he also knew that this was the only chance left for them to have a memory of a life time. He closed his eyes tightly, as Kris hovered his lips closely to his.

Under the thin branches and small leaves of a tree, and the strong roaring rain that hits the ground like a screaming crowd, Luhan had his ears only to his loud, bold and streaming heartbeat. It ends in a short moment, his tears camouflaging in the crying skies; as Kris walks away. His silhouette becomes blurry as he grew distance; maybe it was the thick coat of rain, maybe it was the darkness that devours him slowly from the end of his vision, or maybe it was heart that was tired and couldn't keep up to seeing him walk away.

He falls down, curling himself under the shade of the tree. After several minutes of being alone, he noticed the light from the corridor with Sehun standing above with an umbrella in his hand.

Sehun steps closer, walked Luhan back inside as Kyungsoo waited and wrapped him with a towel once they reached him. The baggages weren't there anymore.

 

"Luhan hyung." Sehun softly spoke, working his effort to wipe off Luhan's wet body.

Luhan didn't responded, instead he let himself fall in to Sehun and hugged him. He didn't know what to do, and everything was exactly hard for him to bear with.


A/N: Short chapter! The original version of this chapter wasn't saved so I didn't have the correct strength, I mean, I wasn't feeling right when I wrote this. I hope this was an 'okay' update for you guys. I'd be doing good in the next chapters, I just really needed to push this through and get over with it. Thanks for understanding <3

(edit:) "Total of all chapter views: 15016" ~ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GUYS <3 T3T

(edit:) To my confused readers, here is the reason behind Luhan's sudden actions:

Luhan got really guilty because he had bad memories with Kris before, and now that he knew he was leaving he wanted to fix them. To make feel Kris alright, he temporarily tried to give himself to him (which turned out to their first and last kiss) before Kris went away. Its a common problem when you choose between two people and Luhan is confused about his feelings for Kris because of his sudden departure. It's like he's been hit by a thunder and now everything came out of him. Just to make feel Kris alright before he leaves.

Put yourself in to Luhan's shoes. It's an average human problem. When they tend to make the people around them entertained, especially when it comes to love. He didn't want to break it to Kris, though he knows he loves Sehun, he still wanted to make it look like Luhan once had a chance of falling in love with Kris. Let's say Luhan here is a confused man, in terms of love and decisions. You can also say he's a flirt. But the main reason why he is acting like that is because Kris was leaving.

Not every main character are attached to your genuine ideas of a school boy in loved with someone. He got his own problems, just like all of us. I almost thought you guys would consider that point XD