It's Cold Outside

Something Like, Bubblegum

"Park Chanyeol."

 

The balance between space and time turned in to a vacuum of infinity, Byun Baekhyun was with the sky of stars in the beautiful night.

 

" I want you to know."

 

His heart was as one sound with the vast winds, the thin space straight in the lines of their hearts connected in fragile strings, yet their love had ties as strong as a wielded steel.

 

"That I love you."

 

As quick as a slash of a cunning blade, Baekhyun snaps out of his reverie. The cold air started sinking in to his skin, making it easy for him to shiver. He looks to the emptiness in front of him, whom he considered was his subject of love, Chanyeol, in despair.

He had been up in the rooftop for three straight hours, practicing his words of confession for the tall guy he truely admires. He doesn't know the reason behind why he pushed himself in to the decision, but his keen sense tells him that he have to grab what is possible to let go.

He stand still, despite of the low temperature embracing him in sharp knives—like a deep needle burying down in his skin. All he had was his snow white sweater, native print scar, and a little hope stinging at the end of his lashes.

"Park Chanyeol." He repeated, his mind planning to go over the same cycle of words.

 

"I want you to know that." The wind kept getting colder and colder on his back, as he was facing away from its direction.

 

"I love you."

 

Quite off the first set of same tones in pronouncing those three repeating words from his mouth, his back felt a hint of something was blocking the pushing air behind. He went rigid, unable to move his body normally. His prowess to face the cold was lost at the sensation he felt two feet away from him, slowly turning his body to face what was the blockage.

 

"Byun Baekhyun."

 

A husky voice suddenly clinged in his freezing ears—those unexpected words suddenly warmed a part of him—creeping his shoulder in to an uncomfortable angle.

"I want you to know that." The same words flushed in, but this time it wasn't from his own mouth. His eyes are tightly shut as his body rotated in to a ghostly manner, Baekhyun slowly and closer to facing the latter with his fingers crossed.

 

"That..."

 

His eyes opened at the strongest gush of wind, sending the man behind in to a big fall to Baekhyun.

 

'That I love you." The man whispered prior to lips and Baekhyun's was only a small measurement away, making Baekhyun as red as the cherry light glowing on the streets.

 

He never thought that his eyes could give that much amount of opening, thus his chest was hot and thumping ridiculously. They both lied on the floor, Baekhyun down on his buttocks, and the latter on his knees. Their face were centimeters away, an adequate space small enough for the wind to push to bringing them in to a sealing kiss.

He never felt so scared before, and he never knew being scared felt so good. His eyes was locked at Park Chanyeol, as they both remained frozen in their odd position.

"Baekyhun." Chanyeol calls the petit's name, breathe coloring in the wind as white fog.

"I'm cold." Irresolutely Baekhyun utters, hugging himself in the worst way he can. He couldn't endure the extreme cold anymore, making Chanyeol carry him by his back and legs, rushing him inside the hall at that bridal position.

 

As the last bits of the cold air outside left them strangling at the small room, Chanyeol sprints over to Baekhyun, pulling of his sweater and wearing it to Baekhyun, mending the parts where it rolled underside. He then sits next to the shivering petit, giving the warmest pliant hug he could give.

"Why are you outside anyway?"

"I was so nervous about confessing, so I thought the cold would help to numb me up."

"Stupid."

Baekhyun huffs at the tall one's remark, still shaking.

"It's because of you and your kind-heart and damn good looks."

Chanyeol laughs, tucking himself in, leaning over Baekhyun. "You really like me do you?"

"Yes! Goddamn it! I do!"

Chanyeol laughs again, having the thought that Baekhyun has got to be the cutest foul-mouthed guy in the world... ever.

"As I said, I love you too."

As Chanyeol's lips left Baekhyun's cheeks, everything was alright. Everything seemed so warm, almost too hot for him to curl himself in to two sweaters. He couldn't believe what jus happened, staring down to the vacant stairs in front of them. His heart was full of swelling emotions, so thus the every part of him. Baekhyun suddenly fell for Chanyeol's words. It was simple, yet it makes his heart curl in to a barrier of feelings—precious feelings.

They went down and Chanyeol brought Baekhyun to their dorm, informing his dorm mates, Sehun and Kai, that Baekhyun would need a lot of hugs for the night. They agreed that the little one may stay, as long as he shares bed with Chanyeol. He ends up sleeping next to Chanyeol—even though he thought it was embarrassing, he knew to himself that he does needs warm and cozy hugs.

All he wishes for is that what happened tonight doesn't reaches to Luhan and Kyungsoo. Or else he'll never be able to face the two, ever again.

 

"I love you."

 

He hears one last time Chanyeol's deep voice before his consciousness went down, that little harmony playing over and over again in his mind. That voice of a sharp knife, always killing him little by little inside.


A/N; Hello, sorry for the short update! I just wanted this Baekyeol piece to be on public. And btw, I have planned all the plot up to Chapter 17 so expect some smooth updating. Thank you all for the 2000+ reads! I am really happy! Be sure to check my other story too, a Baekyeol one-shot, 'The Lost Sense'. Have a good day/night and wish me luck for my exams.