The Ex-Boyfriend

Something Like, Bubblegum

Everyone had their eyes on the map of Europe, as the teacher confusingly nagivates the students through it. Luhan was one of them, but he can go through with the flow because his map has figures of trademarks in each places.

Luhan spaces in and out, thinking about himself and the places where their teacher lets them find. Just thinking about the date that happened between him and Kris gives him a funny feeling he never felt before. And he whole-heartedly admits that Kris is a one damn human God... he didn't just had the chance to stare at him because he was so occupied with his decision making problem. But everything flashes in back to his memories and all he can do was to regret of not enjoying that moment in his life.

Luhan wanted to know more about Kris, and if he is a possible candidate to help himself forget about his ity's curse.

"Find Paris." Their teacher gave another place after one another

Luhan hovers his eyes point by point on the drawings, spotting the Eiffel Tower quickly. He raises his hand up, but there was someone who already caught the teacher's attention.

"Yes, Tao?" Luhan looks at the standing student; it seems like it was his first time to see him around the campus. The guy was definitely tall, and his skin was white as his—but those eye bags are hella darker than anyone. Although he really have that sharp features in his face, Luhan can't contemplate because he really doesn't know the boy.

"Hey." Luhan calls over Baekhyun who was next to him, still buried on his map.

"Where the is Paris?" Baekhyun curses in whisper as reply, running his finger vigorously on his map.

Luhan crawls over Baekhyun's desk and points at Paris at his map, and slapped him. "Who's that guy over there?" Grabbing on his chin, Luhan rotated Sehun's face towards Tao.

"It's Tao. Your Kris' ex-boyfriend."

"Kris is not my style." Luhan shrugs off Baekhyun's teasing as he sends another slap flat on Baekhyun's face, making the other gawk in silent pain.

Luhan suddenly thought of knowing Tao, as he might have some information about Kris from him. He sighs and had a wry smile on his face after deciding to go with his idea, and went back to compete with the others on finding places on the map.

 

"Uh—Tao." Luhan calls a few moments after dismissal, catching up on Tao who was already on the way out.

"I'm going to the gardens, wanna join me?" Tao instead invited Luhan, it seems he was in a hurry.

Luhan nodded and ran to his side, and they both walked to the school garden. It was quite awkward on walking side to side with someone who you don't really know yet. Luhan had his eyes pinned on the floor all the time, until they reached the gardens. Fresh air suddenly came bashing in to their faces, as the winds consistently went stronger and stronger at these days.

"Hi, Luhan hyung." Tao finally greets as he seats by the bench, relaxing his legs and shoulders as he drops down his bag.

"Hi. Uh—" Luhan mumbles, forgetting to prepare himself to a conversation.

"You want to ask about Kris?" Tao suddenly asked, as he puts his right arm at the back rest of the bench. "That stare you gave at me at class was a stare that I always get when someone wants to ask things about my ex-boyfriend."

Luhan joins him in his seat, putting his hands in between his legs and looked down. "Well, Kris is—"

"—is courting you?" Tao cuts in his words. "I know everything about him." Tao continued that made Luhan grind his teeth. He feels so much arrogance from Tao, like all those regrets started sinking in his skin as he hears more and more words from the younger one.

"But, don't mistake me for being cocky. I just want to make sure I'm saying the right information."

Luhan looks up to his eyeliner eyes, and sighed—breathing out his anger. "I guess, you're right."

"Kris is a very handsome man." Tao then started his thoughts, placing his left arm at the back rest too. He looked up the sky, seemingly that the sky isn't that bright anymore in a dying afternoon. "Very competitive in classes, very smart, very rich, and very romantic."

Luhan slowly breathed in and out, listening to whatever Tao was saying, and the words that he hear was the same as he thinks of Kris.

"But Yifan has one great sin scarred in his heart."

"W—what is it?"

"I'd tell you a story instead, okay?"

Luhan nods and rotates himself to a position he could see Tao properly, while Tao stayed in his position, making it the most comfortable for him to speak.

"We were together since seventh grade. And I haven't been that much active in school because my world revolves around Kris, Kris, and only Kris. I would wake up early to prepare him breakfast, since we are dorm mates, and same as for his lunch and dinner. I also go out of the school to buy him snacks, and I am very attentive of his needs. And the only time I find to learn is to attend the same class that he is attending."

"I would never say it was a one-sided love, because he does the same level of romantic things to me. His enchanting words, his warm hugs, his ecstatic kisses, and when we have —"

Luhan was surprised by how confident Tao revealed that part of their story, making him blushed.

"But when we reached our ninth grade. Everything changed in a sudden." Tao reflexed his body back in to a normal position, placing his elbows on his legs, fingers all locked together.

"He has been really cold to me, but we still claimed to be in a relationship. He would ignore me, he would embarrass me, and the worst part is he would non-stop hurt me even when I am doing nothing wrong."

Tao's shadows went deeper with the night, his pants was getting soaked with his countless tears falling in it. Luhan couldn't do anything, he lied petrified on how fragile Tao was.

"Everything ended since earlier this year, when he revealed that he was in love with someone else. Someone else he proclaimed to be better. I didn't argue with that, because I do believe there will be someone better than me. I went through it, and now I moved on. And everyone asks me about him, I'd feel confident. But throwing my head back to those days that he almost killed me is really devastating for me."

Tao breathes in a large amount of air, letting go of his sadness. "Is that everything you need to hear?"

"Do you know about that certain someone?"

"I only know one thing. Kris also said that they already had ."

 

...

 

Luhan was bothered by Tao's answer to his question, no muscle moved in him. His heart was fainting and his body was freezing. Could it be me?

"But later on I heard he was courting you. So maybe he got over that certain someone."

"I—I see."

"Do you like him?"

A long pause between them centered their conversation, Luhan couldn't have a heart to answer.

"I—still don't know."

"You shouldn't." Tao represses. "I wouldn't want you to experience the same way as I did. I know Kris, and I somehow know how a fragile person you are. You should stand up to him and dump him. It's the best way to save you for a better life. I wouldn't want you crying at your dorm every single night, regretting and how you should have never loved him."

 

What if Kris was the one that holds my ity? What defense could I place on? Luhan was confused, he couldn't agree to Tao's decision.

 

"If you have finally decided, meet me once again. I'd be happy to help." Tao stood up after saying his last words to Luhan, and went out to the gardens. Leaving Luhan behind, with so much matters in his mind. He couldn't spell himself in that right moment, having hopes in his heart that he will do the right move for his own sake.


A/N; Hi! It's me again, regretting about not posting this earlier. I thought I would add more to this chapter, but then the next scene is a short as this, but! but... it would be better if I separated it. So here it is now, 10th chapter! Thanks for the support, and let's go for 2000 reads! Yaaay. UPVOTE ♥