The Fruit Will Set You Free

Something Like, Bubblegum

"How—how did that happen?"

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo managed to catch Luhan in their dorm after storming out of the cafeteria. They were around the campus, searching for him, in the school library, the washroom, and most probably the rooftop, but Luhan wasn't anywhere. They just couldn't think that Luhan will be in their dorm because he had a rule of that he will never cry over his bed. Well, as they found him, he wasn't on the bed, instead he was on the floor.

"I never knew you were a ."

"Stop making this in to a joke, Baekhyun. I'd kick your if I wasn't crying right now."

Kyungsoo glares at Baekhyun and punches his side shoulder. Baekhyun raises one of his eyebrows, telling him that he thought that might cheer him up. ity is indeed a big deal to Luhan, he is a very preserved person. He haven't watched ever, even though he hears his two friends mocking about most of the time, he tries his best not to listen. He also separates his clothes, especially underwear and places it under his bed for complete privacy. He doesn't want to wake up and see his briefs on the floor with certain marks.

"It all happened last night, you were out on the bar."

Kyungsoo then remembers when someone confessed to Luhan during seventh grade. Luhan supposed to like the guy too and they formed a mutual relationship with each other, but then when the guy tried to kiss him, he slapped him, ran away and locked himself in the nurse's office. Luckily the nurse was there to comfort him, even though he didn't tell what the problem was. Luhan then kept himself from getting attached to guys that likes him or he might like because he just don't believe in a touchy way of romance.

It might be a horror from the past of his, but Luhan never mentioned any. Maybe he just wanted to adapt an environment without anything physical going in between, especially in love. He's cold-hearted, but sometimes he tells Kyungsoo and Baekhyun that he have crushes too. But the idea of getting on with them, and , is a huge disgust for him. He's sacred, in a short description.

"I can't sleep because you guys weren't there. So I went out to find you. And this happened, and that happened. Someone offered me a drink, and I couldn't deny because I was really tired and I stupidly thought it was water. It tasted disgusting, but my body hungered for it. And so I got drunk, got , got laid."

"Wow. I envy you."

"What!? Baekhyun!"

Kyungsoo sends another punch to Baekhyun, this time's stronger. "Sorry. But you know, that was really lucky."

"There's nothing lucky with getting laid. I am a , Baekhyun. I want to be a until I get married."

Baekhyun stops at Luhan's thoughts, knowing that Luhan have really that serious sanctity wrapping around him. He suddenly started questioning himself how come he was friends in such preserved person. He's really in to , and so does Kyungsoo. But Luhan tends to be an enjoyment for him, not just for teasing, but Luhan got this aura that brings guys down to their knees and Baekhyun thought he'd be a perfect friend. And Luhan loves what they love, studying and Ferrero's.

Baekhyun stands up and tip toes in front of the cabinet, reaching something from above. "I know what could calm you down." He then succeeds and withdraws his hand, know carrying a large box with various graphics at its cover.

"Monopoly."

Luhan sighs and sweeped his body out of the center of the floor, giving space for the box to lie. "I might be sad, but okay... I'll play."

Kyungsoo laughs at Luhan and props himself in a comfortable seat, and the three started playing. It was a huge relief for the both to see Luhan smiling and laughing on how he moves quickly from one tile to another. This was their friendship symbol, Monopoly. Everytime when someone's having a hard time, in life or in exams, they'd give up a moment and play. And somehow all their worries would flush away, and everything seems alright.

The games end at the edge between afternoon and evening, their mind was off with the wind. Baekhyun climbs up to his bunker space and started browsing on his social internet profile, while Kyungsoo slid to the table in front of the window to enjoy the breeze, reading Hunger Games' Mockingjay novel. Luhan was tired because of crying, so he made his way to his bed, curling in his velvet blanket and dozed off. His mind temporarily forgot about his problem, but he expects it will come back once he wakes up.

° ° ° °

"I'm starting to worry." Kyungsoo tells Baekhyun, as they stood at the line at the cafeteria, both facing Luhan at their lunch table. Luhan's problem is already a week old, yet he haven't stopped crying. That's when they thought that it was really serious, Baekhyun realized that he shouldn't make dry jokes about it anymore. Luhan wouldn't get out of his bed, and even broke his role of not crying on it. He'd play Monopoly, but the board gets easily scratched because his tears falls in it and wets the artificial parchment. And it just gets worse everyday, like how the board started missing out some words on it because of Luhan's tears.

"Lu, we've got you lunch."

Luhan didn't responded, he only reflexes when he has to wipe his tears and will proceed to cry in his uniform.

"Is this still about your—" Baekhyun was about to start a funny line again, but Kyungsoo pinched him in his waist that makes him howl in pain.

"We know it's about it," Kyungsoo tells Luhan as he angirly glares at Baekhyun. "and we'd like to know on how we can help."

"Justice." Luhan mumbles, almost inaudible as they were said in between his crying. "That's right. I want justice."

Kyungsoo frowns and slowly fixed his seat in the diner style bench and pushed his hands close enough to grab Luhan's wrist. "We're not going to kill anyone right?"

"Of course, . I mean I want to see that guy again." Luhan tells, raising his face to look at their eyes. "If he took away my ity, then I'd take him with me."

"What?" The two shocked in Luhan's statement.

"I'd make him my boyfriend."

"Wait... Luhan!"

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun chases Luhan, as he walks hastily back to their dorm. Luhan seemed to be unpleased by his decision, but there was an idea in his mind that made him accept that choice. He knew this from the very start, that if someone would take his flower away, he have to force himself to posses it, by being with the one who took it away. It was a stupid belief, but as a justice for himself and to respect his promises, he will do it no matter what.

"How come you decided on doing that!?" Baekhyun shouts to Luhan, they're six feet away from each other in the long hallway of the left wing of the school.

"Because it's the only way!" He shouts back, voice echoing up to the end of the hallway.

Baekhyun stops and catches some air, waving his hand to signal Kyungsoo that he must take his turn to catch their moody friend. Kyungsoo follows, running as fast as he could at the empty hallway. He catches up Luhan, as he was already on the end of the route. Luhan enters their dorm, threw his things on his bed, sat on it and buried his face in his palm.

"I know it's stupid. But I hope you'll understand."

Kyungsoo walks closer, dropping his things on the side of the door. He joined Luhan and hugged him by the shoulder and held him close. "Of course I understand, we understand. And I respect that."

"Thanks." Luhan removes his hands and rests his head on Kyungsoo's chest. Kyungsoo was always understanding of him, and he appreciates it very much that there is always someone who'd support him. Baekhyun may sometimes be a , but he knows that no one will make him smile in times of sorrow much as he does.

"But... tell me. How are you supposed to find that guy? Do you know his name? What he looks like?"

Luhan spuns up and looked down to his legs. "No."

"Any memory of him?"

He closed his eyes, forcing his head to remember everything that happened that night. Whiskey stains, moonlight beams, quiet night sky, curtain dancing, skin warming, and...

 

"Raspberries."


A/N: Hello~ Another update. I think I will be capable of finishing this story because summer break is right in the edge. I just have to finish our thesis, thesis defense and everything else left at school. I hope everyone is okay, thanks for reading! ♥