Beats Fast

Something Like, Bubblegum

Tuesday, Kyungsoo's dreams spoke.

 

The wind was cold and Kyungsoo could feel it through his dreams, his skin turning icy. He woke up, not able to see anything but to feel a heavy weight on his head. He propped up and a book fell on his lap. He remembered he was stuck on Math subjects last night—he was doing fine, until Baekhyun played with the light switch and turned the room in to a disco bar. He couldn't do anything to complain, Baekhyun always has his weird ways.

He gets out of bed, talking to his mind that why does his dreams always tell the day before he wakes up. Maybe it was a result from him being study-holic, and he remember getting in to Mayan calendar and lunar phases. Kyungsoo always dreamt of being an astronomer, because ever since he was a child he'd find the glitters on the sky very beautiful, and it somehow represents him. He will take out his parents out of their big backyard, would lay a blanket for them to sit on, and started pointing out constellations he learned from Science class. That never really change, because every time he three have their free schedule, they'd go to the rooftop and Kyungsoo will interpret the stars, making Luhan and Baekhyun fascinated by it's astounding beauty.

He looked around their dorm and saw no signs of the two, and after his eyes withdrew from looking, he passes by the table with a bright pink note.

"It was a great time to talk Luhan's plan, so I thought to take him outside. 445, we'll be back."

After preparing himself, he went to the wall close to the door, where all pinned papers lie. Baekhyun's schedule, Luhan's schedule, grocery list, Kyungsoo's eight grade cursing letter to Baekhyun, list of hot guys on school during 2010, address of the donut house, and his own schedule. After scanning it, Tuesday was a loose day for him. Two classes in the afternoon, and nothing else. He walks out of the dorm and proceeded to the library, thinking that he'd find something interesting to burn his time.

He quickly made his way to astronomy books, finding something new, or old, that he has never read. Pulling one book out, he noticed that there was someone in front of his section. He slowly removed the book and saw the person's uniform—crooked red tie, white shirt with one button off, navy blue coat, probably the same as he was wearing, but tidier. He keep staring at that space, trying to figure out who that person was. He pulled another book next to the empty space, pushing the other books to keep it from falling.

The person then crouched looked in to the space, seeing Kyungsoo's big round eyes staring at him. He smiled and stood up, like nothing has happened. Kyungsoo was stunned, his chest was heavily breathing it was pushing the books he was hugging. He barely noticed that the guy was walking in the left aisle, slowly approaching his position.

"Hey." The person called him.

Kyungsoo shifted his angle and looked at the person. Damn, he's hot, he said to himself as he saw a dark and tall student, gawking his eyes in to a bigger circle.

"Can I borrow that book?" The guy pointed at the book he just got, looking straight in to Kyungsoo's eyes.

Kyungsoo slowly withdrew the book out from his tight grip, and handed it over to Kai with his right shaking hand. Kai smiled and smirked at him, proceeding to scanning the book. After some time, he smiles and closes the book, Kyungsoo closely watching in a stable position.

"Thanks. I'm staying to read, are you too?" He asks accompanied with another bright smile, his voice nice and smooth going in through the smaller's ears.

"Yeah." He looked down to his shoes, his upper body moving up and down because of his heavy breathing.

The guy then took him by the wrist and walked him to a great spot in the library, where all sides where windows and it was a great view of the school's large garden. They took a seat, Kyungsoo noticing that there was no one but the two of them in that spot, making his heart beat even faster.

"I'm sorry. How stupid am I." The guy said as he took his own seat. "I'm Jongin, or Kai. Your choice."

"Kai," Kyungsoo repeated in a hum, his eyes staring right into Kai's.

Kai puffed a breath and looked at Kyungsoo side by side if he's okay. "It's Kai, then." His voice sounded in between of almost laughing and a little worried.

That moment lasted six of non-stop conversation, even it was just short talks about several topics, they had a good time knowing each other. Kai knew that they were on the same grade, and he knew that Kyungsoo loves astronomy. He also revealed that he saw Kyungsoo put a letter before on a guy's bag, which Kyungsoo shrugged off and denied that it never happened. Kyungsoo then knew that Kai was a part of the school's dance troupe, he likes hanging out in the bar just to relax his bones from school, but he protests that he barely drinks without any occasion, and that he has an astronomy discussion in science class later.

Kyungsoo first left the library, eager to get out and breathe normally. As he gets out of the wooden two-way door, he breathes terribly, squeezing his sweaty hands several times. He know he has an asthma, but he never knew he'd be holding his breath for such hot guy one day. He kept the thoughts for a while and walked to his class, thinking that it may help him calm down for a while.

° ° ° °

"Turn to page one hundred and five and answer all the activities there."

"Yes, sir." The class answered in chorus.

English class, the one he really needs to focus on. He know he's smart and all but he knows that he is an average Korean. He finds it hard to speak English and it has been really rough for him, that's why aside from English class, he sings English songs to practice his mouth on the dialect.

He roams his eyes around the room, and saw everyone buried on their books, scratching their head and multiple erasing movements suddenly happens. He stared at the window showing the hallway, he's worried. He doesn't know how to go with the activity with such a bothered mind, and all his mind was speaking was Kai's name, over and over again.

A couple of students then started passing by the window, Kyungsoo thinking that the class at the other room just ended. His eyes still staring at the window until Kai appeared out of nowhere, looking at him and waving his hands with a big grin on his face. Kyungsoo blushed in a quick moment and waved his pencil in return, and Kai flashed a thumbs up to him and walked away.

Kyungsoo, hold your heart.

"A friend of yours?" A voice suddenly speaked on his hide, shocking him.

"Ah—yeah." Considering a six hours of talking, Kyungsoo thought he was a friend. It was Kris—seating comfortably, chewing something in his mouth with his finished work on his desk—who he barely talked to. But they've been seat mates all English classes he attends to since seventh grade, and he does great in English since he was born on the States, or somewhere where he speaks English at.

"You like him?"

"How can you say that?" Kyungsoo shocked, hides his face from Kris with the book he was holding.

"You're red. Really red."

Kyungsoo didn't replied, his eyes just staring at the words imprinted at the book, his breathing going carousels again.

"Want some bubble gum?" Kris offers, handing a stick to Kyungsoo.

"No." Kyungsoo refused, his faced still covered from Kris. He couldn't stand a second longer.

° ° ° °

"We're skipping classes." Luhan informed Baekhyun, digging on his pancakes.

"Damn right, this is your fault." Baekhyun replies, also his hands full on the pancakes they bought from a vendor outside the school. They're already walking back, and had a clear talk about Luhan's plan on finding the guy who took his ity away. They just have to tell Kyungsoo to start and finish Luhan's over-dramatic problems.

As they got all the three of them together in their dorm, Baekhyun speaks out Luhan's plan to get everything okay again.

"Well, Luhan here thought of investigating guys." Baekhyun started to talk out their plan to Kyungsoo, seating on his elevated bunk, overlooking the two who was on the floor.

"And stupid Luhan—"

"Hey!" Luhan complains.

"Shut up!" Baekhyun shouts, followed by a giggle. "Has only one clue. That his lover's mouth smelled like raspberry bubble gum."

Kyungsoo, unimpressed, looks at Luhan. "Were you asleep that night?"

"No."

"How come your only clue was the smell of his mouth?"

"It was dark, and it was at night, I couldn't see his face." Baekhyun imitated Luhan's explanation on the same question back then, voicing in a high pitch tone. Luhan glared at him and fisted him in the air.

"This will be hard." Kyungsoo looked back to Baekhyun, tugging himself in his position.

"I know, but this man is eager and we have to help him."

"I know too, but—where are we going to start? Smelling people's mouth?"

"I have a lead." Baekhyun reveals, jumping out of his bunker. "We'll start tomorrow."


A/N: Hi guys, I'm sorry I just updated, with me saying that I am supposed to be updating last night. I was really tired and sleepless so I didn't had the chance to write and post. But here it is now. Sorry if this chapter's a bit crappy, but it's a good addition. More updates soon, and I won't make you guys wait for long. Thanks everyone! I was shocked this gain subscribers quickly, I love you all :)