Twelve Pages

Something Like, Bubblegum

"Algebra."

 

His stiff body tries to exercise his muscles off the leash, yet his irritation locks himself in a position he couldn't resist. The room was quite busy solving problems, and probably the teacher gave them a tough one. Luhan finds it easy on Math, yet it is his first time to be distracted in such consequence.

"Algebra!?" He repeats, more tint of anger in his tone.

"How on Earth can I know that Sehun likes Algebra too!?" His eyes glared at Sehun who was at the board scribbling, being the first one to solve the problem. He hears a sigh from Kyungsoo who was beside him, not knowing how to treat his outraged friend.

"I—I don't know." Kyungsoo mumbles, his eyes tired of Luhan's ranting. "I got my own problems to deal with," he then returns his head to his desk, staring blankly at the flood of numbers in his book. "don't disturb me."

Luhan didn't hear most of Kyungsoo's words, as he was too busy answering and looking at Sehun in a murder at the same time.

 

"I'm sorry, Sehun. But your answer is way too wrong." The teacher apologized to Sehun, placing his hand on his student's shoulder, giving the deepest frown he could. "But, nice try."

Sehun smiled, seems that he wasn't really affected by his failure. "Oh, teacher. I was just trying to impress your other student." He whispers, switching his and his teacher's face to Luhan's direction. Luhan still had his eye on them, like a hungry tiger wanting to jump and claw their fleshes out of them.

"He's scary."

"No, he's the cutest thing ever."

Sehun walks back to his seat, and he thanked the heavens for arranging his seat next to Luhan.

"Hi, sweetie." He greets Luhan as he reaches his seat, but his words were somehow blocked by a demonic force field.

"Don't sweetie me!" Luhan inaudibly shouts, stuffing all his explosives inside of his cheeks.

Luhan calms down a little as he sights the teacher taking a few steps closer to them. The teacher then places his arms on his desk, pressing his weight and leaning close to Luhan and Sehun.

"I must say, I am really impressed by Sehun's perseverance." He smiles awkwardly, trying not to look at the student he was mentioning.

"But Luhan, I pair you with Sehun to do an assignment sheet that will be submitted on the last week of this month." He said, followed by Luhan's epic gasping. "And that applies to everyone in the class. Please choose your partner and I'll be handing out the sheets which are a dozen pages. Work on it, and I'll excuse everyone of you in this quarter's exam."

Everyone was between celebrations and suffering, but they won't say no to their math teacher, even Luhan. He was stoned by what he was assigned for, doing twelve pages of math problems with Sehun is like staying a whole year with him. He deeply breathes in and out, finally looking at Sehun with somehow an expression that says they should do it or else they'll fail.

 

"When will we start?" Sehun joyfully asks, hugging math books around his excited arms.

"I guess, right now." He helplessly answers, trying to consider the obstacle of being with a person who he dislikes. Luhan to himself doesn't know why he dislikes Sehun so much, but the kid's aura and everything doesn't fit with his sorrowful and serious attitude. His skin might not be in the mood to touch in to Sehun's, but his mind is telling him that he has to know Sehun before throwing him conclusions.

I've got sense anyway, he tells himself as he walks on the hallway with Sehun, both leading to the student's lounge. Luhan's hopes are as high as the heavens wishing for Baekhyun to be out somewhere but their destination.

° ° ° °

"Thanks for staying all night with me. It's good we did two pages in one go." Luhan compromised, placing his right arm on Sehun's shoulders, his eyes as tired as possible.

"Thank you too, hyung." Sehun smiled, without any added movement, he walked away and waved his hand to Luhan. Luhan could tell locking himself in a room with Sehun for five hours is not anywhere beyond bad. It was a good rhythm as Sehun carefully listens to each and every of his instructions, and it makes him glad.

It was weird though to see Sehun interacting less at the last moment—maybe he was sleepy, or just plain tired like him.

 

"Hi, Luhan. Why are you still up?" A voice suddenly appeared at his side, and as he looks it was Tao.

"Hey. I want to ask the same question." Luhan shakes his drowsiness off, maybe keeping up for a short conversation wouldn't hurt.

"I just got out of my friend's dorm. We did our assignment sheets." Tao shares, leaning on the same wall Luhan was on.

"Me too. What a coincidence. I just finished it with Se—"

"Se?"

Luhan didn't reply, his mind was in between a deep sleep and deciding whether to continue the name or not.

"Hey, cat got your tongue?" He repeats, trying to wake Luhan up.

"Never mind." He finally answers, formulating that revealing his partner would make it his situation worse, as he believes everyone thinks he hates Sehun. But he doesn't now, but they still don't know.

"Well. The thing about Kris and you, have you finally decided?"

Luhan stares for a while at the wall on the other side, the situation slowly flashing in his mind. He almost forgot about that, but choosing an option would be a great way to end his connection with Kris.

"But he hasn't sent anything again, and we haven't talked for quite some time now. I think that should be it."

"But if there is anything wrong between you and him, don't hesitate to tell me."

"Okay."

Tao then advanced to the length of the hall way, his figure slowly turning slimmer at the distance. Luhan made his way back to their dorm after, slowly walking in little steps, thinking about algebra and his personal problems.

 

Hey, cat got your tongue?

 

You—you don't talk much, do you? Cat got your tongue?

 

A blow of wind sent Luhan in to a deep shiver, his skin earning goose bumps—painful and electric ones. Tao's voice and phrase suddenly matched in to Luhan's memory of the man who took his ity away. He quickly wandered his eyes around the hallway, only to see emptiness and no sign of Tao. He wanted to catch up and run to him, but he wasn't anywhere anymore. His body went to places, his head was getting heavier and heavier in each second he breathes. Out of his conscience, he already felt a slight bump on his head and the cold floor. He couldn't pull himself up anymore as the world seemed to turn in to pitch black.

 

"Luhan..."

 

"Luhan hyung... wake up!"


A/N: Yaaay! Finally I am done with this chapter~ I'm so bored in writing and I'm getting a bad writer's block again. Please help me! I'm serious, if you guys keep on commenting or chatting with me, my writing essence is uplifted! I promise ♥

Please keep on supporting and thanks for all the private messages I recently got. I love you all! Comment the things you want to see on the story in the future. I'll look in to it. Bye!

p/s I'm sorry if I stil lfail on making hunhan intimate in the chapters, but I'll reveal it to you guys~~ it's on purpose, but wait for Chapters 14, 5 and 16 . Which is the HunHan love affair starting point ♥ So keep on reading and stay in touch! Mwa.