Knight in Shining Armor

Something Like, Bubblegum

Kyungsoo appeared at the long hall, each step he makes produces a fissure, pushing all the people away from his one directed way. He looked like he was calm, but his speed was vicious and his expression was untamed. Some student started whispering on how they noticed that he wasn't in his uniform, disturbing morning classes on his path. He was unsure of his way to finding Kris, but he tried his best to be on the right path where he feels the most of his anger pushes him to.

He stops by a dorm, noticing familiar chinese characters imprinted on a golden label nailed on the door. Kyungsoo didn't hesitated, throwing his hands at the knob, opening it excessively. Kris was standing at the exact line of his position, and he turns around to see Kyungsoo standing by his door, with a white shirt, loose pants, veins on his arms and clenched fists.

 

"I'm sorry, I never called for a pajama party." He jokes, sipping the coffee on his grip while he tucks a bundle of newspaper in between his right arm.

" you and your dry joke." Kyungsoo curses, quickly moved to Kris' position. He wasn't scared how the tall one empowered his heighttrips the cup he was holding with his finger, spilling the hot brown liquid on Kris' white shirt, dripping down to his waist.

"! What the are you doing?"

"What the did you do to Luhan?"

Kris had so much shock in his face, glaring badly at Kyungsoo's grievous stare. He switches his eyes to his stained shirt and the little man in front of him, disgusted by the stickiness slowly sliding in his skin.

"I didn't do anything! Nothing even happened."

"That man came home like looking like he was almost dead. Do you ing expect me to believe you!?" He shouts, pointing aggressively his finger at Kris. Some students were attracted by their loud argument, a small crowd already peeking at the dorm. Kris rushed over to close the door, and returned to Kyungsoo.

He lets out an airy laugh, raising one of his eyebrows as he places his foot behind the other. "Your friend is a . He lost his ity to a stranger! What I did wasn't near that."

"How could you!" He sends his arm flying to Kris' face, but Kris managed to stop it, securing Kyungsoo's wrist tightly.

"I know, he's well-reserved and modest. But you never know the truth about anyone, even the closest one you have. Your friend is a in disguise, Luhan is a at night." He continued harassing Kyungsoo's mind with insults to his friend—he couldn't break free from Kris' hold.

"Luhan is not a ! And I know him well than you do!"

"If he's not the , then you are! Hitting on a guy at the library, staying at the rooftops nightly. !"

" you!" He was supposed to be strong at firstbut Kyungsoo broke out in to uncontrollable tears, unable to handle the harsh words coming from the latter. " you!"

", , bitc—"

He then heard his door opened in a loud bang, and as he was pulled by his shoulder, he received an awful hit at his face. Kris fell hard on the ground, lying on his back and his hands rubbing the protuberance on his cheeks.

 

"What the !?" He groaned in extreme pain.

 

Kai grabs Kyungsoo by his arm and wrapped his own around his friend's waist. "Don't ing talk like that to Luhan, and especially to Kyungsoo. If I'll catch you acting like this again"

"He barged in first! Why me!?"

The company was then startled when a gush of air pushed Kris' windows open, the curtains dancing in delight and the wind whistling high pitch noises that mockingjays imitate. The sun then majestically spotlighted Kaimaking his skin glow like Twilight sparkleswho was standing in front of Kris, overshadowing by his figure of fear.

"No. I'm going to kill you." Kai cinematically glared at him, menacing in his words of coolnesshis eyes were like of pointed guns at a helpless suspect.

The small one was indeed frozen, unable to fight Kris' words from playing over and over again in his mind. Kai pulled him out of the roomhis furious eyes still gaining a shadow from the intense light behind himpushing the crowd with his other hand, leaving Kris threatened and silent in his dorm as the crowd's attention transfers to him. Even though the pain overwhelms much of him right now, he still wondered how all the cinematic scene happened as he gazed surly at the sky.

 

"Kai." Luhan calls the name who opened his door, seeing him with Kyungsoo in his arms. He quickly came in aid, and transferred his dormmate in to his carry. He guided him to his bed, and comforted him with hugs.

"I'm sorry, I was about to stop you, but—I just can't. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Kyungsoo finally moves, blinking slowly. "I'm happy we scared him." He hugs back, wrapping his arms tightly. As he gets out of it, he looks at Kai who was worried of his condition. "Thanks to Kai."

Kai scratches the back of his head and wryly smiled at them, acting handsomely. "That's nothing."

"Though I hated how violent you are back there." Kyungsoo made a uncomfortable look at Kai, rubbing his own skin. "You know how I hate violence."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm just really glad about what happened. Maybe sometimes there will be an exception." He stares blankly at the end of the bed, assuming that what they did should be enough for Kris, or the other people who will try to harm his friend to stop them.

Luhan hears the two converse, though he feels happy about how his friends managed to payback at Kris, he was still unsatisfied. But he couldn't wish more than what he received; safety that he could trust.

° ° ° °

"Guys."

"Yes?" Kyungsoo and Kai answers in chorus, exchanging weary looks and faced back at Luhan.

"Kai." He calls the other, wherein Kai replies in a hum.

Luhan stood up and pulled the two closer, and hugged the both of them. He cried because he felt so protected. "Thanks. Without you guys, what happened to us might've been repeated. I'm such a fragile person and can't protect my own, I am very happy to have you people as my guards. But I know it burdens you. I'm really sorry too."

"Aww. That's nothing. Your friends, not just me and Kai, are ready to help. Just know that we are by your side at any point, and would save you in any danger you are in. Right, Kai?" Kyungsoo appreciates Luhan's sweetness, and hugged both Luhan and Kai tightly; which Kai nodded and gestured the same.

Baekhyun then appears at the scene, which Kai pulled him by the neck and joined him in the circle of hugs. Though he doesn't know what is happening, he consciously slid his arms on Kai's and Luhan's waist, connecting to their tangled bodies. The group seemed to manage their independent lives well, in a manner of solving problems and getting through things as one.

The morning light broke in to a noon sunshine, warmth and oblivious individuals missing their classes. But nothing really moved them away by enjoying their breakthrough moments together.


A/N: Knight in shining armor! Kai's scene was COOOOOL! And such a cute friendship between this guys! Would be there for our sweet baby Luhan! Just compare to the Luhan here to the Luhan on a haunted house, he is that delicate! Luckily, the gang is there to be with him. Another update! :) I solemnly hope Sehun was there too. But we don't know what happened after he brought Luhan back to their dorm after the incident; maybe on the next chapter we will. Have a great day ahead, or have a nice sleep. IDK. Teehee~