Reach It For Me

Something Like, Bubblegum

The Investigatory class was held at the library, and it was the only class where the circle of friends attend altogether. They were asked to form a group, and without any hesitation, they chose out themselves and piled up as one. It was a long day because the subject would run for three straight hours, and they were assigned to do half of a research paper today. It sounded so hectic for everyone, but they guys looked like they were already having fun.

"Wow. It's our first time to have this class, and now we are all here!" Kai gleefully noted, not missing a single glance on every person around the rectangular table.

"Yeah, this is quite exciting." Kyungsoo agrees, nodding his head and nudging his shoulders on Kai's arm.

"Thrilling to see all of us here. This should be a job well done since everyone knows everyone, right?" Luhan adds, making Sehun put up his two thumbs up.

Chanyeol laughed and nodded, and averted his eyes to Baekhyun, who rather looked unimpressed. He leans closer to the guy next to him and whispered, "Baekkie, are you okay?"

"I'm not just entertained about having these bunch of around me all the time." He answered, puffing air up to his fringe, rolling his eyes as he crosses his arms by his stomach.

"Be positive about it. Arent' you happy I'm here too?"

Baekhyun frowned, probably shot by Chanyeol's convincing words. He breathed in and sighed, putting his chin by the taller one's shoulder. "I'd try, for you."

"Okay, class. This should be easy." The teacher went in to the middle of the tables, and started announcing the instructions for the proper. "Find a possible topic in the library for our science investigatory and make an overview about it. After that, use your remaining time in discussing your topic with your groupmates and write the essentials on a piece of paper. That should take up three hours or less."

 Everyone was complaining and loudly sighing, but the confidence for the group remained in contact. They all spread out at the library, searching for topics with their respective partners, based on their love affairs though.

 

"What do you think about this?" Chanyeol pulled out a book about ants. "Maybe we should do an ant farm! That would be adorable."

"No." Baekhyun rejects and browses for other books, making the sullen giant return the book in dismay.

"How about this? This is my type." Baekhyun smiled and pulled out a book, sending Chanyeol out of his feet.

" education?"

"Yeah. This would be a good topic, and especially when it is conducted."

"No!" Chanyeol rejects, blocking his eyes at the cover of of the book. "Will you think the other's would agree?"

Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes, pushing back the book and started searching again.

 

"Kai, what do you think about this?" Kyungsoo had his donut eyes to surprise Kai with a book on his hand, it was about movements and dancing.

Kai smiled, yet he think Kyungsoo was just trying to be attentive of his wants. "I don't think that would be fit for our group. I'm sorry." He sincerely apologized, and Kyungsoo took his explanation anyway.

A book then caught his eyes instead, and cheerfully showed it to his partner. "Hey, Kyungsoo-hyung. Look at this?"

"A culinary book?"

Kyungsoo smiled, yet he think Kai was just trying to be attentive of his wants. "I don't think it is a good topic for a research. We should find something else." He carefully rejected and Kai seemed to take his explanation anyway.

 

"Luhan-hyung. What do you think is the best book fit for our research?" Sehun asked, an evidence of his youth in his soft spoken voice.

"Well..." Luhan wondered, while Sehun reached for the other's hand and locked it in, walking at the aisle as they looked at the opposite sides.

Luhan gasps and looked at their hands, then looking at his hyung. Sehun wasn't looking, but the sides of his cheeks shows that he was smiling. "There should be a book full of fun experiments around here. We should be on the look out."​ He exerted his best to answer properly without stuttering, because he was already shaking inside.

"There it is, Sehun!" Luhan rushes over to the right side of the aisle, looking at the most top of the shelves. He tip toes and tried to reach the book, yet his height wasn't enough for him to touch it.

"Let me." Sehun walks over and presses his body on Luhan, and easily reached the book. He pulls it down and inserts it to his hyung's hands, who was completely frozen and red. He could completely feel the temperature on Sehun's body, his chest, his s, his crotch, all were pressing down on his back and buttocks.

The younger one stepped back after a few moments, smiling at his hyung. "You're cute."

"No, I'm not." He looks down, blushing even more.

"Yes you are."

"Don't mock me because I'm small."

"No, hyung!" He waved his hands at him. "You don't need to be tall anyway, because if you need to reach for high things, I'd be there to get it for you."

Everyone returned at their table empty-handed, except for Sehun and Luhan. The other partners were in to a lot of disagreement, luckily they just depended on the other partners in hope that they would have something to bring back.

"I'm glad you have something." Kyungsoo greeted the two as they returned last on the table. They all looked at the book that Luhan dropped at the center.

"Guys, this is cool!" Chanyeol calls their attention, showing a page of an experiment that caught his eye. "Potato powered automatic baking soda volcano! This has the battery, the lights and that phenomenal awful-smelling lava explosion. This is something great and new!"

Everyone agreed and cheered with the topic, so they then continued on to discussing their topic and letting Baekhyun write the discussion paper, which took them one and a half our of non-stop talking and writing. After that, the class was over and so are the students with their work.

"Ahh!" Baekhyun stretches as he rolls his pen at the table. "It's so tiring to write for so long!"

"Good job, guys."

"Yeah! Sehun, do the honors of passing our papers."

Sehun smiled and accepted the task, picked up their papers and walked to the teacher.

"Teacher, here is our papers." He handed over, smiling as much as possible to hide his drowsiness.

"Thank you, Mr. Oh."

"Here is ours too." A voice suddenly appeared by their side, with a tall figure accompanying it. It was Kris, who was also handing out their set of papers.

"Thank you too, Mr. Wu." The teacher smiled. "Well, I guess that's it." She then stood up and left the library, leaving the two in a moment for each other.

"You must be Sehun?" Kris asks, fixing his position to a good view of the younger one.

Sehun nodded, staring straight in to Kris' eyes. He knew who this guy was, and he knew what story he beholds in terms of Luhan. He made sure he won't miss a second, because if ever something comes up, and especially if it is about Luhan, he'd send him straight to the floor.

"He has very silent friends." He smirked, rotating his head in a showcase of his side profile. "What's your research about anyway?"

"Potato batteries and volcanoes."

"Wow, interesting. Ours is about how to make bubble gums with natural fruit flavours."

Sehun frowned his brows, wondering what was going on.

"Anyway, I'd just want to say that." Kris walked closer to Sehun and leaned to his ear, slowly opened his mouth and whispered.

 

"I bet Luhan needs me more than he needs you."

 

Kris backs away and walked out, leaving Sehun with a hint of mystery. He didn't intended to know what it means, but he is sure that Luhan despises him and there is no possible reason that Luhan still needs him.


A/N: Short update. Just to get a clear view of Wufan's y return. LOL. I think AFF are somehow in a glitch, because I have 5000+++ chapter views but the story's view is just 4000++. I don't know, but I am thankful for that. Thank you for the 5000+++ chapter views and also for subscribing. Yaaay conffetttttiiiii. Thank you also for those who messages and comments; I am telling you, I would never stop appreciating each things you do for this story and for me. ♥

But I'm just quite shocked that the reception for Chapter 21 was very bad. Am I starting to lose readers? Is the story starting to get boring? :( I'm sorry.