Chapter 2

Love Within A Contract

NANA POV

 

“Nana, meet your wife Jooyeon.”

…...I swear for a second that the world had stopped rotating, the cars had stopped moving, and the birds had stopped chirping. Slightly tilting my head at my father as I furrowed my eyebrows at him trying to comprehend what he had just said.

“Meet my what now?”

“Your wife…”

“Ah I see I thought I heard that...” I lifted my index finger up to them “excuse me, I’ll just be a moment…”

They looked at me oddly but I proceeded to the living room sofa where I casually grabbed a pillow, and slammed my face into it screaming out to my heart’s content.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

I pulled away and stared at my father who had a blank expression, he was used to my tantrums by now, I turned to look at the girl who is supposedly supposed to be my wife, she looked at me oddly, arching one eyebrow at me as she eyed me up and down.

“Sir are you sure this is the right daughter?” She said as she tapped my father’s shoulders.

He chuckled and walked over to me and put his arm around me “Yes I’m sure, she’s my only daughter, don’t worry she usually acts like this, she warm up to you in a little while.”

I pulled away from his arm and scoffed “I most certainly will not warm up!”

 I pulled him to the side and whispered “Dad tell me this is a joke!”

“Nana please just trust me, I know what I’m doing, I’m trying to give you  a better life.”

“I don’t need a better life…I don’t want a better life…dad think about it your marrying me off to some stranger, not to mention that she’s a girl, have you forgotten that I’m in love with Kris?”

“Just do this for me Nana. Trust me.” I sighed before feeling like giving in, I mean I love my father and I know he wants to do everything for me, but I really don’t know about this. Why is he doing this? What is his intention?

He went to the couch and sat down where he patted the space beside him indicating for me to come over, I walked over with heavy footsteps and sat down next to him. The Jooyeon girl came over right after and sat on the couch across from us. Her posture was excellent and she had one leg over the other, which made her look extremely sophisticated.

“Uh, is there something on my face?”

Crap…She caught me…

“Uh no, is it wrong for me to look at you, I’m about to be marry you after all and if you can’t handle me looking at you then we shouldn’t do this at all.”

She smirked before she countered back at me, “Haha no there’s nothing wrong with looking at me, but if you wanted to you could have asked so that I could give you a better view”

She leaned her body forward making it so that her face was now closer to me “I look good right?” she showed a confident smile.

 My dad reached over and poked her forehead away laughing “Aish this kid…”

She smiled and backed away “Hehe sorry uncle” she bowed to him.

He just shook his head. He reached for the papers on the table and the pen then started talking.

“Now Nana, I know what you think I’m doing is throwing away everything for you but that’s not what’s happening, I’m doing the complete opposite. I’m trying to ensure that you will be ok if things happen, if something were to happen to me I’d like to believe that you were safe and good on your own, and that you’d have enough money to live and take care of yourself.”

I sat there just listening to him. “Jooyeon is kind enough to let you marry into her family’s name so that once you’re out of college and you’re working at the company that she owns you will inherit part of its funds, because she is willing to let you co-sign as her partner.”

“So then why can’t we just do that when I graduate?”

“We want it too look real, it be suspicious if the owner of the biggest company in Seoul randomly got married then divorced right after. If you do it now then you have time to progress and play things out as a real couple. Then once you work there for a few months you can get a divorce.”

I looked at Jooyeon who was just smiling at me, “What’s in it for her?”

“Well she---“

“Your father was a big impact on my life. He helped me so I only want to return the favor.”

“What did he do exactly?”

“He saved my life. He had been my doctor for a while now, and I was informed a couple months before that I had some type of heart disease. It was spreading through my body I could have sworn that I was done for, and I didn’t mind, I had lived my life to the fullest. But your father being my doctor he did everything he could to help me and I appreciated it, but at one point I began to get really weak and I just gave up, but he didn’t it was hard to be put onto the waiting list for a heart transplant. Everything was hurting so much, I was in so much pain in my last days of living, I didn’t want to try anymore. I was tired…sick and tired. So I told him just to give up, and let me go. I thought he understood what I wanted, but I was wrong when I woke up, fully back with good health. He had been staying up the past few weeks doing everything he could to get a transplant. To have it shipped or whatever and in my last moment of death he looked at me with sorrowful eyes, and told me it wasn’t my time to go.”

I looked at my father, very proud of the man sitting beside me. Understanding why he had been coming home so last the past month.

“So now I want to return the favor. He came to me asking to help him with this and I could not decline his favor because if it weren’t for him I wouldn’t be alive to decline it.

I nodded my head “I see, one question, if you supposedly own the biggest company in Seoul, how did something that important not get found out by paparazzi’s or what not?”

“My father had told the public I went on a business trip and that it was confidential to the public to know where.”

“Alright now that you know what’s going on you need to sign the contract.”

He handed Jooyeon the pen who just signed the paper without hesitation and then slid me the pen and the paper. I took the pen and stared at the contract, all types of things running through my mind that instant. How would I explain this to everyone…I sighed and began to sign my name with my official signature. My father clapped and cheered when I put the pen down.

“Yay the deed is done, now get out.”

I shot my father a look “Dad what the heck.”

“No not in a mean way, just go with Jooyeon to your new home, that’s where your things were moved.”

I sighed and looked at him “Dad are you really sure about this?”

“I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life. This will be good for you Nana.”

I nodded my head and followed Jooyeon to the car out in the front. My father waved goodbye at the doorstep and I forced a smile and waved back at him.

We were on the road for a while we didn’t bother to exchange small talk yet, I could tell she was a little uncomfortable with everything as well. She pulled into a market and I looked at her which all she did was smile back before getting out and running in.

After 5 minutes she ran back out with a bag and got into the car and took out a box from the bag. She opened the box to reveal a cake, she smiled at me.

 “I heard today was your birthday and everyone deserves cake on their birthday.”

 She said as she stuck a candle inside. She lit the candle then turned to me “Happy Birthday. I’m sorry that you have to do all this but believe me your father is doing this out of good intentions. Now make a wish.”

I closed my eyes and blew out the candle. “Thanks.”

She handed me the cake and a fork “You can eat in the car I don’t mind.”

I nodded as she started driving again. On the way I heard her tummy growl which made her show a slightly embarrassed smile, sorry I haven’t eaten yet, I was helping your dad with everything all day.

I sighed and looked at the cake I was eating before scooping a piece and placing it in front of . She looked at me before looking back at the road.

“Ah its fine we are almost home.”

“Just drive and eat.”

She just complied and I nervously brought the fork closer to as she ate it. She coughed a bit when I took the fork away.

“T-Thanks.” she stuttered as she focused on the road.

“It’s no problem we probably have to get used to it now if we want the public to believe us.”

She pulled into a house and turned off the engine. We both got out the car and I was amazed of how big it was. When we walked inside there was maids that bowed to us.

Jooyeon put the keys on the table and turned around. “Welcome home.”

 

 

HEY GUYS THIS IS JUST A QUICK UPDATE BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE YOU ALL HANGING, THE STORY HAS JUST BEGUN SO BE PREPARED HEHE. ANYWAYS THANKS FOR READING!

UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE