Chapter 4

Love Within A Contract

JOOYEON POV

 

My eyes slowly open letting the light of the morning creep into my vision. I blink my eyes repeatedly as I try to clear the blurriness I see. The bright rays of the morning sun beam through the window screaming that the day has started. I look at the clock, 6:45. I have about an hour before I have to get to work. I yawn, and I stretch when I realize something. I realize the figure lying next to me, sleeping ever so peacefully. The figure that will on be known as my wife from this day on. I sigh and I turn my body over so that I am lying on my side, facing her. I look at her for a bit watching her chest move up and down, slightly ajar breathing in and out. I’ve never seen someone so innocent looking. Her milky-white clear complexion, her lips the shade of pink with a tint of red in them, which were slightly chapped, and her brunette hair cascading down her face past her shoulders, some pieces covering her eye. I notice the blanket was only covering half of her body, so I fix it so that she should now warmly be comfortable.

 

I see her twitch a little before she yawns, making me sit up straight as if I was never watching her. I grab my phone and pretend I’m doing something. I feel the bed move because she sits up as well. I put my phone down and look at her, rubbing her eyes with her hands making her look like a cat that had just woken up. She blinks her eyes at me a few times just looking at me as they blink slowly then she falls backwards as her eyes close again.

 

“Nana!”  I shout worriedly.

 

Is she ok? Sick? I lean my body over so that now I was using my arm to support my weight. I put my hand against her forehead for any signs of a fever. When I touch it, it was normal. Suddenly she slowly opens her eyes half way, as she looks at me, my hand still on her forehead. Suddenly she says in a faint whisper as if she was too tired to talk.

 

“5 more minutes…”

 

I groan as I put my face into my pillow.

 

“Geez…you scared me, I thought you were sick…”  I mumble loud enough for her to hear.

 

I heard a few giggles, before she answered “No, just tired.”

 

I realized that one of my arms was still draped over her.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

 

I was about to remove my hand when she pulled it back and placed it over her.

 

“Nana what are you doing?”

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

 

Her eyes were closed as she answered back. “Just pretend your hugging me and let them in.”

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

 

I clear my throat, “COME IN!”

 

“Good morning Mrs. Jooyeon, we….did we interrupt something.”

 

I peek at them and realize my position. One arm over Nana, while the other supports my weight, my body propped up a little, as the bed looks like our legs are tangled together. 

 

“Uhhhhh, no….”

 

“Yes…”

 

I shoot a look at Nana who just said yes her eyes still closed showing no emotions of any sort.

 

“Oh we’re sorry we didn’t mean to intrude. Just want to let you know that breakfast is ready.”

 

“Ok thank you, we’ll be down.” I nod my head to them and they shut the door.

 

I sigh and lay back down. “Why did you say they interrupted us?”

 

Nana sits up and looks at me, “Because we want to convince them. That’s what you said, so that’s what I’m doing. Why was it wrong?”

 

“Uhhh no, I just felt that it was extremely awkward.”

 

“Well we have to start getting used to it. We are married so that stuff is normal.”

 

“Yeah that’s true…sorry for making a big deal out of it, I was just nervous.”

 

“It’s ok. Just remember this is all pretend.”

 

She then rose up from the bed and went into the bathroom.


“Pretend, just pretend “ I mumbled to myself.

 

I get up as well and decide to get ready. I bring out the clothes that I will be wearing and my watch and place my phone besides it. I wait as Nana is in the bathroom, a couple minutes pass and I finally hear the shower turn off. I get up and wait in front of the bathroom door. I really really had to pee now. She opens the door and walks straight into me, making us fall, her on top of me.

 

“Owh…” I groan in pain.

 

“Oh! Jooyeon are you ok? I’m sorry. I’ve been so klutzy for some reason,”

 

“It’s ok. I…”

 

*ERRRRK*

 

I hear the door open. “Jooyeon your mother….OH MY!” by the time I look at the door I see the maids with their back facing us. I look back at Nana who is still on top of me. Suddenly I am aware of the amount of skin contact there is. She was in her bathrobe, her legs touched mine, she hovered over me, her hair still dripping wet, drops falling against my face, the minty smell of the toothpaste was exhaled onto my face. I suddenly felt myself heat up as I jolted up. 

 

“AH! SORRY!”

 

I help Nana get up as we silently chuckle with each other because the maids were now covering their eyes with their back still facing us.

 

I clear my throat “You can turn around now.”

 

They slowly turn around and look at us “Uhhh, Mrs. Jooyeon, your mother called and said that she would like to talk to you.”

 

“Tell her I will call her back when I am at the office.”

 

They nodded their heads and shut our door.

 

“Well I am going to shower…”

 

I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I put my hand over my chest and felt my heart beating rapidly.

 

“Get it together Jooyeon! You got to sell it! This stuff is normal, stop acting stupid!” I shouted at myself.

 

*Knock knock*

 

“Jooyeon are you ok?” It was Nana.

 

I face-palmed myself, “I’m fine hahaha!”

 

“If you say so…”

 

I sighed. “My god, I have issues.” I shook my head and went into the shower.

 

“Today’s a new day” I mumbled to myself.

 

NANA POV

 

“Today’s a new day.” I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

 

 It’s funny I mean I’m actually kind of enjoying this whole thing. I mean I know it’s just pretend and for business but her reaction to everything is so funny. She’s so awkward and nervous.

 

I chuckle a little remembering her shouting at herself in the bathroom. If she’s going to scold herself she should do it quieter. I hear the bathroom door open and I look at Jooyeon walk out to the bed and grab her clothes then she heads back to the bathroom.

 

“I’ll wait for you downstairs!” I shout at the bathroom door.

 

She opens the door and peeks her head out. “Huh?”

 

I laugh. “I said, I will wait for you downstairs.”

 

She nods her floating head and shuts the door. I shake my head at her silliness and walk downstairs. The maids bowed to me and pulled one of the chairs open so that I could eat my breakfast. I started eating and after a couple minutes I saw Jooyeon coming down the stairs. She looked pretty good in her blue buttoned up shirt. She was putting on her watch when she came to sit down. I saw her look around at the maids as she eyed them suspiciously. She turned to me, and smiled.

 

“Good Moring Baby!” I shouted.

 

“Good Morning uhhh, Sweet Heart??” she somehow made it seem like it was a question. I smiled as she sat down. We ate together then she offered to drive me to school which I accepted. On the way no words were exchanged.

 

She parked in front of my school when she went out and walked over and opened my door. I suddenly felt shy and stepped out of the car. People looking at us and pointing fingers, whispers heard amongst them.

 

“Isn’t that Jooyeon? Doesn’t she own like the biggest company in Korea?”

 

“I thought the Wu’s owned the biggest company.”

 

I turned my attention to Jooyeon who just smiled. “I’ll pick you up after work ok?” 

 

I nodded and just for show I pretended to fix her collar. “Have a good day.”

 

“Mmmm.You too.”

 

She walked to her car and the engine and waved goodbye before driving off.

 

“Nana…” I turned around and faced Lizzy.

 

“Lizzy!”

 

“Uhhh who was that?” she asked. Suddenly the crowd got silent anticipating for my answer.

 

“That…was…uhhh…ahem…my wife….” I mumbled.

 

“Your what now?”

 

“Ahem…My wife.”

 

I heard everyone gasping as they whispered amongst themselves.

 

“The ice princess is married!”

 

“TO A GIRL!”

 

I looked at Lizzy who showed no emotions. “Cool.” She said in a strange monotone. She started walking and walked straight pass me.

 

“Wait…cool? Lizzy!” I ran after her and grabbed her arm. “Are you mad that I didn’t tell you? I would have but it all just happened so fast.”

 

“No I’m not mad…I’m disappointed. I’ve been your best friend for how many years and you just randomly tell me you got married?! When were you in a relationship, you didn’t even tell me that! I wasn’t even invited to your wedding? Now Boom! You’re married, not just to anyone, the girl who owns the largest company in Korea.”

 

“Lizzy…it’s not like that…you’re my best friend, I would have told you but it’s, it’s complicated.”

“Yeah your best friend…that’s all I’ll ever be.”

“Wait what?”

“Nothing just forget it.” She walked pass me again and headed for class. I sighed and began walking as well. I guess I should have prepared better for this.

 

JOOYEON POV

I got to my office and was greeted by everyone.

“Good Morning Mrs. Lee.”

I just nodded my head to them and went straight to my desk. I grabbed my phone and dialed my mom. It took a couple rings before she answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey mom, you called earlier?”

“Oh yes, are you at your office?”

“mmm, Wae?”

Suddenly my door was opened and my mom walked in, the phone still to her ear. “Because we will be having a huge company party and you are to bring your wife and introduce her to everyone, also your opponent will be there. You know, that one man, Kris Wu.”