Chapter 6

Love Within A Contract

NANA POV

I can’t believe what Jooyeon just gave me just now. This is too unreal.  Are we pushing this lie just a bit too much? I stared at the ring, when her voice caught my attention.

“Nana stop feeling bad will you.”

“How can I not, I don’t even know how much you paid for it, yet just by looking at it I know it must have been a lot.”

“Stop worrying. It wasn’t much.”

“You should have just got one of those fake rings at those gumball machine thingys.”

“AHA! Nana please, that’s so sad, it would probably break the second you wore it.”

“So now my finger is fat?”

“NO! ahaha I’m just saying that if I got you one of those rings it would be so cheap it’d break the instant you tried to wear it.”

“Oh hahaha, sorry.”

“Don’t apologize. Please just stop feeling bad otherwise I’ll feel bad because you feel bad, then you will feel bad because I feel bad about making you feel bad and it will just be bad.”

“Huh?”

She laughed, “Just be happy I got it for you…wife.”

“Hmmm if you insist, but after this thing is all over I am giving it back to you, ok…hubby.” I stuck my tongue out at her.

“But---“

“No Buts Jooyeon!”

“Arraseo.”

I let out a small smile when she admitted defeat. Shortly after we arrived at where the company party was being held, I stared at the building in awe. What the hell. Is that where the party is? Why the heck is it so huge, are there going to be that many people? Next thing you know there’s going to be red carpet to walk on or something. Jooyeon stopped the car in front the building, and paparazzi’s began to crowd the car.  She sighed.

“You ready?”

“I think not.”

“Too bad” She stuck her tongue out. “Flaunt that ring girl!” She laughed, and made me laugh as well.

“No Jooyeon, just no.”  I shook my head at her silliness.

“Hahaha what? You think just cause I’m older I’m not hip? Stay in here, I will get your door.”

I chuckled quietly too myself. Just who is this woman? I looked out the window at Jooyeon who was getting surrounded by paparazzi’s and the guards began to push them away. She smiled at me through the windshield

….thump thump…thump thump…

What the heck, why is my heart acting this way? It must be the nervousness.

My car door was pulled open and her hand was placed in front of me. I smiled and took it then I got out the car.

*Snap* *Snap* *Snap*

So many flashes from camera’s struck my eyes. How the hell do celebrities keep their eyes open to this?

 “Is that Lee Jooyeon and her girlfriend?!?!?!”

“I think that’s her wife?!?!”

“What a scandalous marriage?!”

The people began to shout out things and so on and so forth.

“Come on lets hurry before they ask us questions.” She grabbed my hands and pulled me lightly.

Once we arrived into the building heads began to turn and look at us.

I self-consciously tightened my grip on her hand. I mean I got eyes and stares at school but this was completely different the atmosphere was completely different. I looked at Jooyeon who showed no signs of nervousness, just a blank face as if she’s done nothing wrong.

She walked to our table and we sat down. Suddenly a couple people crowded around us.

“Jooyeon! You never bring anyone to these events? Who’s the lucky girl?”

She tilted her head up confidently at them. “First of she’s not a girl, she’s a woman big difference, and lastly this woman is my wife.” She reached for a glass of wine on the tray.

“Oh I heard about those rumors today!”

“Correction they aren’t rumors if it’s true.” She sipped her wine. “Would you like a glass dear? I quickly shook my head side to side.

“Well why haven’t you brought her to our parties before?”

“Why are you just bringing her now?”

 “When did you guys get married?”

“How long have you known each other?”

They bombarded her with questions, I felt so nervous and I’m not even the one being interrogated. She shook the glass in a circular motion stirring her wine as she inhaled its sent.

“Because I didn’t want to expose her to this yet, I chose to bring her because I felt like now is the right time, we got married on none of your business, and we’ve known each other for a while. Any other questions?”

When did she suddenly get so calm and confident? She’s always so nervous around me is it the adrenaline from the nervousness?  Anyways they all fell silent.

“Well congratulations!”

“Thank you gentlemen.”  They all walked away leaving us alone.  She turned to me and smiled “You holding up ok?”

“Me? I was just sitting here….” I whispered. “What about you, when did you get so bold?”

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me Im Nana.”

Thump thump…thump thump.

“I will get you some punch or something then ok?” I nodded my head and she got up and left. After a couple minutes of waiting, I saw Jooyeon finally reach the bar, she shyly smiled and waved at me. I chuckled and waved back.

“Indeed I don’t know a lot about you Lee Jooyeon.”

“Nana?!”

Thump thump…Thump thump

That voice, I know it anywhere….

I turned around and there the handsome, charming, boy that I’ve always been in love with stood before me.

“Kris…”

“What are you doing here?” He pulled me into a tight hug and didn’t let go.

My hands automatically reacted and hugged him back. Then I felt a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach and pulled away.

“Nana what’s wrong?”

“Nothing its just that.”

I felt someone tap me, it was Jooyeon with my drink. “Your drink.” She gave it to me.

“Ah thanks.” I nervously took it.

I saw Kris smirk. “Well well well if it isn’t Jooyeon.”

“Oh hey Kris.” She said unenthusiastically.

They know each other…this is bad…

“Did you’re company finally collapse is that why you’re a waiter?”

She smirked. “And did you suddenly grow a pair and come to a company party by yourself without daddy?”

“Tsk tsk tsk you shouldn’t talk that way to Korea’s largest company owner.”

“Second largest company owner since last I checked I was the first.”

I felt tension growing. “Ahem…” I cleared my throat. Their eyes turned to me.

Kris laughed, “Jooyeon lets save the trash talking for later since all I want to do is reminisce with someone tonight.”

“Maybe that’s a good call since I just want to spend a quiet evening with my wife.”

They glared at each other then walked towards me.

“Nana. Let’s go.”  They both said simultaneously while grabbing both sides of my hands.

Oh god what do I do?......

 

WELL SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WHILE BUT I AM BACK! HEHE AND I WILL UPDATE MORE THIS WEEKEND! I HAD A BIT OF FREE TIME TODAY SO I DECIDED TO UPDATE A LITTLE!