Chapter 8

Love Within A Contract

JOOYEON POV

“!” I shouted, quickly followed by Nana’s hands that covered my mouth.

“SHH!” she chuckled as I nodded my head quickly. “We’ll be down thank you!” she shouted at the maid waiting outside the door.

We both simultaneously jumped out of the bed and hurried to get ready.

“Agh…why did she have to come so early in the morning…” I talked to myself as I grabbed a towel. “Are you going to shower first or shall I?” I asked Nana as both of us stood before the door.

“Why don’t we just shower together, it’d be quicker!” she laughed.

My face flushed red, “Shower together?!”

“I’m just kidding, lighten up Jooyeon honey.” She playfully hit my arm as she went in. “I’ll shower first since I’ll take a quick one.”

I nodded my head and waited on the bed. Seriously mom you sure know when to drop by…Aish…please don’t let anything go wrong today.

I heard the shower turn off after a couple minutes and Nana walked outside as the hot fog from the bathroom followed closely behind her. I looked at her completely in a daze, she’s taller than me so that kind of ruins my ego if you know what I mean. But those legs…look at those—

“Jooyeon!”

“Hmmm?”

“I’ve been calling your name, you can go shower now haha.”

“Ah! Right right shower I go!” I ran into the bathroom.

I let the hot water run down my body waking and soothing all my senses…get ready Jooyeon, now is no time for mess ups. You have to do well Jooyeon. You owe it to Mr. Im to do well. Just for show Jooyeon. I mentally prepared myself as I continued to shower. After washing myself, I turned the water off and listen to the slight drips of the remaining water drops that fell from the shower head. One last thing…don’t fall in love with her…don’t fall in love with her.

I grabbed a towel and went out into the bedroom to see Nana still in her towel while she sat in front of the mirror putting on her make up. I shook my head and went into the closet to pull out some clothes. I decided to put on my under garments in the closet and I rewrapped myself in my towel and went outside with my clothes. Nana stood up from the mirror and walked to me. Errr what is she doing...we’re both in our towels why is she so close…stop it…

“Come here…” she said as she pulled my hand to the closet.

Thump-Thump-Thump-Thump….

Argh, stop behaving this way stupid heart..

She let go of my hand and quickly scanned through her dresses “I don’t know what to wear!” she yelled as she ruffled her wet hair that was already starting to dry. “Should I wear this one, this one, or this one or that one…” she rambled as she moved each hanger.

 I chuckled a bit watching her. “Wear your birthday suit.”

“My birthday su---Jooyeon!”

“Lighten up haha” I mocked her.

 I suddenly saw a simple red dress that caught my eye. It wasn’t too fancy, but it had a nice feel to it. I knew she would look nice in it.

“That one…” I said almost in a whisper.

“Huh?” she went back to a white dress, “This one?”

“No, the red one.”

She pulled it out and placed it over her “Look nice?”

I let a smile escape from my lips as I stared at her as I nodded my head “Definitely.”

She nodded her head as she smiled back at me “The red one it is…”

We looked at each other for a while just smiling, when I broke the eye contact “I should go change...”

She suddenly pulled my hand “Wait!”

“Hmm?”

She started to look through my side of the closet as she went through my clothes. “Hmmmm?” she hummed as she passed by  my shirts.

“Nana I’m fine with---“

“Aha!” she pulled out a red plaid shirt and placed it over me. “So we can match arra?”

I laughed as I grabbed the hanger but accidentally grabbed her hand that was holding the hanger. “Arra…”

I swear I saw the corner of her lip curve up almost as if she wanted to smile, but she walked away to fast before I could see. “I’ll change in the bathroom.” She said as she closed the door behind her.

I started to wear my clothes, simple dark blue jeans and the red plaid that Nana picked out. I was in the middle of buttoning my shirt when she came out wearing the red dress. She smiled as she fixed her dress, and my hands dropped to my sides leaving my shirt left with a button or two open.

“You look…lovely.” I said as I looked at her.

Her cheeks lightly stained pink as she thanked me. “Let me help you, Yeobo.” She teased as she walked over.

I was still just completely captivated by her. Her hands grabbed the top part of my shirt as she delicately buttoned the remaining buttons. “Hmm, nahh..” She undid one of the buttons so that my collar bones were now slightly visible “Better.” She showed me a thumbs up.

“So from now on I will call you Yeobo and you will return with Jagiya, ok Yeobo?”

“Ok.”

“Ok who?”

“Ok Nana.” I laughed.

“Yah…” She pouted.

“Ok jagiya.” I turned and walked outside the door before she could see the smile. I started to walk down the stairs when I heard a whisper. “Wait…”

I looked behind me and saw Nana cutely peeking from the wall. “I don’t want to anymore…” She shook her head vigorously.

I laughed as I looked at her and tilted my head “What do you mean you don’t want to anymore, you’ll be fine.”

She shook her head. “N-Nervous, I’m nervous.”

I walked up the steps as I approached her. “No, your Im Nana, not I’m nervous. You can do this. I’m doing this with you. There’s nothing to be scared of.”

She nodded and began walking with me. I gave her a reassuring smile as I walked down before her when she suddenly tightly grabbed my hands. And yes she was indeed nervous, the proof was the moisture from her clammy hands.

I sighed and turned around to look at her as I ruffled her hair a bit. “We got this jagiya.”

NANA POV

I felt my heart racing as if I was running down these stairs when in reality I’m just walking, but its because of the skin ship with her. I looked at her from behind, her slender body, to her nice frame. Aish why do I have to be so tall? Or why does she have to be so short. I wonder if she’s bothered by my height. She probably doesn’t even pay attention to it. I looked at our entwined hands.

Thump thump…thump thump…

I don’t know why but every time she holds my hands I cant help but feel safe.  Maybe its just like that in general when someone holds your hand. It doesn’t mean that you feel safe because of the person doing it but rather because the action their doing.

We reached the bottom of the stair case and went into the living room when my heart began to beat from the nervousness beginning to eat at me. There sitting on the sofa Jooyeons mother. Her face as serious as ever.

“Please sit down.”

Jooyeon and I sat down still hand in hand.

“Would you care to explain this to me?”

She tossed the newspaper onto the table as it slid over to us showing a picture of Kris, Jooyeon and I.

The title read.

“Entangled Love Triangle.”