Chapter 13

Love Within A Contract

NANA POV

Jooyeon offering to take me to see my dad was actually really touching. I mean it was an indication that she actually cares about me in some sense and its not ALL just acting. Right? Am I getting too into my head? Like seriously, I’m starting to get a headache from all of this.

I exit the bathroom feeling more refreshed than I did when I woke up considering I barely got any sleep. Jooyeon's back was facing me, thank god. I swear I dont want to look at her right now its gonna make me want to shout “YOU KISSED ME YOU IDIOT! YOU SERIOUSLY CANT REMEMBER YOURSELF?!” But I cant do that. Its good that she forgot. Sigh. But I still cant help but feel sad about it in a way. I mean was it not good enough to remember? I was in shock but I dont think I was a bad kisser. I mean come on I am Im Jinah. The greatest of them all!  I nodded my head theres nothing wrong with a little self praise to make yourself feel better.

“You know Nana..” Huh? I was cut from my thoughts when Jooyeon started talking to me still facing away from me.

She continued in a serious tone which made me worry, “You really act like I cant read you either, you seem a bit off and I wish I knew what was making you feel that way. And because I cant help, it makes me a sad panda! GRAAH!” I was taken aback when she turned around revealing the little doodles she did on herself.

I bursted into a fit of laughter. “HAHAHA JOOYEON! WHAT-”

“I SAID IT MAKES ME A SAD PANDA!” she shouted, “LOOK WHAT YOU DID!”

The dork used black eye shadow and freaking made herself look like a panda. She used it to circle her eyes, color the tip of her nose black, and she drew little black circles on her hand as she held them above her head to be the ears.

I couldnt stop laughing, her expression itself got me going and the silly get up was enough to throw me over the edge, “Jooyeon...” I breathed trying to control my laughter. “Sometimes I just dont know what to say to you..”

She chuckled and wobbled over to me her hands still on her head as she gave a sad pout “If you want me to stop being a sad panda then be happy!”

I smiled. “Your a dork.”

“Why thank you.” she smiled cheekily as if she was satified with the result. “Now I’m gonna go wash this off since I got you to laugh.” She walked to the bathroom but I called after her.

“Jooyeon wait!”

She turned to look at me and I let out another laugh that I tried to hold in but couldnt because she looked so serious. “Oooh what a serious panda now.” I teased while walking to get my phone. She tilted her head in confusion when I walked over.

“Couples Picture!”

“Ahh~ Okaay okay!” She  smiled, “I normally dont like pictures but I will make an exception for you.”

We ended up taking more than I thought, the poses just kept getting better and better. She would get dorkier by the second.

“Alright, thank you! You can go wash it off now!” I pushed her to the bathroom. Hmmm...I looked through all the photos. I like this one. I chose one where she was behind me making a growling expression and I was pretending to be frightened to be my wallpaper.  

I waited for her downstairs and for some reason the maids kept looking at me which made me have a weird feeling. Just what are they looking at?

Jooyeon came down and went straight into acting, “Ah there you are jagiya, I missed you already!” She came and hugged me as I snuck in a whisper. “The maids are acting weird.”  she pulled away and looked around at them.

“Mrs. Jooyeon, your mother called and asked if you would be going over today.”

Jooyeon shook her head and smiled at me “Tell her I cant. I am going to go see Nana’s dad today.”

“Yes Mrs. Jooyeon.” They bowed and left.

“Come on! Lets go!” she grabbed the keys and waved her hand at me to follow her to the car. Shes just gonna ignore that weird vibe like that? But before I had anymore time to process things she had already came back and started taking me to the car.

JOOYEON POV

Once we got outside to the car I walked beside Nana walking her to her side of the car door and at the same time my hand touched hers that was holding the car door handle. And for a brief moment I saw the same vision in my head, as if it had happened before and had a weird feeling.

I retracted my hand and apologized, “Sorry.” I quickly walked to the other side of the car. What the heck was that? I shook my head. Nothing probably. Maybe it was a scene from one of my dreams?

We started driving and Nana wasnt really paying attention. Lost in her thoughts again I assumed. Hmm...I turned the radio on to ease the tension that I was feeling.

Funny Hunny by Orange Caramel came on and I couldnt miss the chance. I cranked up the volume earning her attention as she turned to me.

I smirked. 1...2....3...”MY FUNNY HUNNY! I LOVE YOUUUUUU~~~” I sang along to the lyrics as loud as I could while throwing in some lame dance moves. We reached the stop light and I now looked at her continuing my perfect performance and I saw her laugh until her eyes got watery.

“Ah! Dont cry from laughing!” I accidently ended up worrying. She was fanning her eyes and I was trying to blow air into them, “Ah go away tears shoo!” She laughed and hit my arm.

“Just how many times do you want me to laugh at how annoyingly dorky you are!?” she yelled while wiping the remaining tears that stained her cheeks.

I drew my attention back to the road since the light had turned back to green and I continued driving. Nana finally settled down and looked at me. “How many times?”

“Huh?” I asked in confusion. Did I do something wrong?

“How many times are you planing to be a dork today?”

“Ah so thats what you meant, hmmm as much as it takes to make you happy!”  

She nodded. “I see.” She giggled. “I cant deal with you, I ended up laughing harder because of the other driver next to us, they kept staring into our car and you didnt even notice and continued to dance and sing hahahaha!”

I flushed with embarrassment. “Omg...no....I totally forgot. I was too into the performance and trying to make you laugh...”

“Well it worked. So thank you.” She reassured me with a warm smile shortly afterwards.

We got to her dad’s house and happily greeted him.

“Hello Uncle!” I smiled and hugged him.

“Ah hey kiddo! Hows being married to my daughter so far?”

I laughed as I looked at Nana, “Hmm, I’m actually curious about how Nana feels about it. We all know I’m just going with it.” I stuck my tongue out playfully at Nana.

“I mean I guess its okay, its just acting so it gets fun at times.” He went over to Nana ruffling her hair.“Ah what a little princess!” he tease making her have the biggest pout.

For the majority of the time we were there it was mostly just the three of us talking in the living room with the tv on in the background. It was nice. I had a sense of comfort with it, like this wasnt fake, she was actually my wife and her dad was almost like my own second dad. But then again, like she said, its just acting...

He was happy to see us actually getting along, he knew we would bond from the start which made both Nana and I sort of blush which only made him tease us further.

I promised that we would come by to see him soon again. But a weird thing happened when we were leaving. He pulled me aside and left me with his words. “Take care of her for me.”

I tried to ask him what he meant but he just pushed me out the door and smiled as he gave a soft chuckle waving to his daughter that was already at the car.

“Take care of her?” I mumbled to myself. I wonder why he would suddenly say that...