Chapter 3

Love Within A Contract

 NANA POV

“Welcome Home.”

 

She walked towards me “Should I show you around the house?”

 

I nodded my head and when we started walking around the house. She showed me the kitchen which was huge...it looked like it could be it’s own restaurant, and I swear the fridge was bigger than my closet back home. We went into the living room which had a big flat screen tv. I was just in awe with everything. She took me to the backyard which was indeed my favorite part of the house. You could hear the water running from the pond, and see a small little water fall. I looked inside to see a bunch of coy fish swimming together accompanied by some smaller fish.

 

*Ring Ring Ring*

 

I looked at Jooyeon who pulled out her phone, she coughed a bit before saying “I’m sorry I have to take this.”

 

I nodded my head to her and she quickly left out of my site. I ran my fingers through the water letting my fingers touch it and watch as the drops fell from them creating a ripple effect through the water. It was night now, so you could clearly see the bright moon tonight, the way it reflected off of the water was majestical.

 

Jooyeon came outside in a rush “Hey who was----”

 

She quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me up “You need to come with me...” she said her voice a little trembled.

 

We walked into the house, Jooyeon pulling me from behind. The maids bowed then eyed us suspiciously. Jooyeon walked up the flight of stairs and there were two separate hall ways on the right side there were many doors. I’m guessing those were the bedroom for the maids because on the left side there was only 2 doors I’m pretty sure was separate rooms for Jooyeon and me. She quickly turned left and pulled my into one of the rooms.

 

“Nana...”

 

“What...what is it Jooyeon? Why do you seem frantic?”

 

“How should I tell you this you see that was my father on the phone just now, checking up on us. He just informed me that my mother set up the maids around the house to spy on us. She doesn't believe in our marriage because I’ve never mentioned you to her before and now I suddenly announced that I was married to you.”

 

“and...”

 

“and that means that our acting will have to be outside and inside of this house.”

“Why would your mom be so upset anyways, don’t they know that this is just for business?”

 

JOOYEON POV

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Mom....Dad...I have something to tell you.”

 

“What is it honey, you can tell us anything.” my mom said as she held my hand.

 

“I’m getting married.”

 

“...You’re what...”

 

“Getting Married, her name is Nana and we’ve been together for quite sometime now, I really love her and I asked her to marry me and she said yes.”

 

“Why the sudden news, how come you’ve never told us about her before.”

 

“Ah, I was worried you’d say something about me dating a girl, because you know our reputation.”

 

“So your worried about dating a girl but you come to tell us your marrying her? You have some silly logics. Dear, I don't care whether or not you date a boy or a girl love is love but the thing I’m concerned about is you say you love this girl, but how are you so sure she loves you and doesn't just want you for your money?”

 

“No she loves me, She doesn't want me just for money...”

 

“And how are you sure about that?”

 

“I...I...because we love each other.”

 

“Hmmm are you sure about that, did your father blackmail you to get an arranged marriage or something to make our company bigger?” She said as she shot him a glare.

 

“I did no such thing!” he laughed.

 

“No he didn’t, plus she doesn’t have a high social class anyways, she’s still in college, it’s her last year.”

 

“Oh I see, well doesn’t being in love with someone from a lower social class make you question it that much more? How long did you say you were seeing each other again?”

 

“For a while now.”

 

“How come you’ve never introduced us?”

 

“Because she’s nervous about meeting you.”

 

“Well i see, but I expect to meet her soon arraseo? I want to make sure she is the best for my daughter.”

 

“Ok mom, I will introduce you when we get settled into the house.” I smiled.

 

“Oh you got a house?”

 

“Of course haha why wouldn’t we? Did you expect us to live with you?”

 

“Ah no of course not, did you hire any maids yet?”

 

“Not yet, still looking.”

 

“Why don't you just take some of ours!”

 

“Really? That’d be great, thanks mom.” I said as I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

 

“Of course anything for my daughter!”

 

*End of FlashBack*

 

“So my father just called me telling me that my mother told the maids to spy on us to make sure our marriage isn’t fake.”

 

“Well why couldn’t you tell her the truth.”

 

“My mother would have never let me if she thinks that I did it for just business.”

 

“I see.”

 

“My father told me she doesn’t want her only daughter to marry into a loveless marriage.”

 

“Well thats nice of your mom, but now it’s going to be harder for us.”

 

“I know, now I’m sorry but there has to be a change of plans, to make things more believable for everyone so no questions are asked.”

 

“What did you have in mind?”

 

“Well first I had a separate room for you. But now that the maids will be spying on us I think that it’s best if we stay in the same room. I’ll sleep on the couch but...”

 

“Why cant you just fire the maids and get new ones?”

 

“Because that will only make things more suspicious.”

 

She sighed “Ok i guess so.”

 

“I’m sorry...”

 

“It’s fine. I mean my dad for some reason thinks this will benefit me in the future and I don't want to be a hassle for him anymore so maybe it’s better this way, on my own..”

 

“Hey your not on your own...you have me.” she looked at me which made me nervous and I cleared my throat before continuing “ I mean because I have to be.”

 

“Because you have to be...hmmm”

 

“I’m sorry Nana.”

 

“Don't say sorry anymore. We all should have prepared for this better.”

 

“It’s late we should get some sleep. Your clothes are in the closet already.”

 

She walked to the closet and went to change. When she came out I already had finished and I was grabbing a pillow and the spare blanket to sleep on the couch. I looked up and almost choked onto my spit when I saw her in a very pretty and short night gown.

 

“Something wrong?”

 

“Ah no, my throats just a little dry.”

 

She took a bottle from off of the cabinet and tossed it, sadly my reflexes were to slow and I didn’t catch it in time making it land on my foot.

 

“OWH!” I lifted my foot up hopping on one foot trying to soothe the pain.

 

“Oh my god! I’m sorry! I didn't mean to...”

“No its ok...haha I’m fine. Just shake it off Jooyeon.” I began talking to myself as I tried to walk on it making her laugh.

 

I looked up and saw her giggling, which made me smile myself, “That’s the first time I’ve heard you truly laugh without being sarcastic.”

 

She cleared and pulled the covers before laying down into the bed. I laid on the couch and put my hands behind my head and I looked at her, she avoided my gaze at first but after that 5 seconds of eye contact she smiled and turned her body the other direction which just made me let out a soft laugh. I looked up at the ceiling and thought to myself about how different my life would be.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

 

“Mrs. Jooyeon?”

 

I shot up from the couch and so did Nana her eyes opened wide.

 

“We are going to come in.”

 

Nana quickly fanned her hand signaling for me to come over on the bed. I grabbed the pillow and blanket and tossed it under the bed. She pulled the blanket open and patted the bed indicating for me to lay down.

 

“Uhhhh yeah sure come in...” I said as Nana and I fidgeted around, finally settling in the position of my arm being draped around her and her leaning on my chest and hugging my waist.

 

They came inside and cleared their throat when they saw us in that position. “Sorry to interrupt,” they bowed. “We wanted to know if you wanted anything else, before our shift ends for the night.”

 

I felt really nervous and it didn't help since I could feel Nana’s smooth legs touching my skin making my body that much hotter, “N-No we’re o-ok, thank you.”

 

They nodded and I could tell their eyes wandered around the room.

 

“If that’s it, my wife and I would like to sleep now.”

 

They bowed and finally closed the door.

 

I sighed and awkwardly took my arm off of Nana before saying “Maybe it’s best if I sleep here, just in case they come again. During the night or something.”

 

“Yeah, it’s better safe than sorry.”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Goodnight.” she said as she turned her back on me and faced the other way before closing her eyes.

 

“Goodnight Nana.” I turned the other direction as well.

 

 

 

WELL THATS TODAYS UPDATE! KEKE HOPE YOU LIKED IT :D