Chapter 5

Love Within A Contract

JOOYEON POV

“You know, that one man, Kris Wu.”

“Kris Wu…” the man I’ve had a rivalry with my whole life. The rivalry I’ve continued to live through from my father. You see my father and Mr.Wu actually used to be partners. They ended up creating the company together, which now the Wu’s own. All was well until one day my father found out that Mr.Wu had claimed the company as his own and ended up firing my father, the second after.  He couldn’t do anything about it because it was all in the paper work already, signatures and everything. You want to know how Mr.Wu ended up doing that. The one day that my father couldn’t make a meeting, he had lawyers come so that they could discuss the business and ownership name, this was when the company was reaching its highest peak.  He signed all the paper work claiming that the company was all him and no one else. That day that my father ended up missing, that was the day I was born.

Ever since then my father tried to create a new company from scratch. He hated Mr. Wu so much, not only were they partners but they were friends and he got stabbed in the back. Growing up I saw how hard my father worked. He always gave me the lectures telling me he wants me to do something with my life, and to never let anyone take advantage of me. So here I am now, I ended up taking my father’s place as the owner, I helped him try to make this company something, and somehow I did. Kris, Mr. Wu’s son ended up taking the company over there as well and every chance he had he tried to take over our company by stealing clients or trying to manipulate me into becoming partners.

“Jooyeon?”

I snapped out of my trance and looked at my mother. “Hmmm?”

“You were listening right?”

“Yes mom. I have to go to the company party tonight and Kris will be there.”

“And?”

“And…”

“You are to bring your wife.”

“This is how you plan to  first meet her? In front of everybody?”

“Oh no, I will meet her this weekend. I’m not going to attend the party.”

She scrolled through her phone until she stopped. “Jooyeon what’s this?” She handed me her phone that showed pictures of Nana and me at her school. The headline read “Jooyeon owner of one of the largest companies in Korea, suddenly announced to be married to an ordinary college student who goes by the name Im Nana.” Damn news gets out fast.

“Oh that? I took Nana to school this morning. Guess people snapped a few images.”

“I see and was this your first time taking her to school?”

“No why?”

“Oh nothing, I just find it odd that the public decided to notice now and question things now, when you’ve taken her there before.”

I felt my heart beat faster. “W-Well you k-know the public mom, they make a big deal out of things when they want to.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right.”

“What time is the party mom?”

“6:30”

~FAST FORWARD TO 4:00~

I was waiting outside of Nana’s school, she texted me earlier telling me that she’s going to be getting out of class soon.

I sat down at the hood of my car with my hands in my pockets. I felt a breeze of air brush by sending the fragrance of the cherry blossom trees to me. I sighed and looked at my watch and when I looked up there I saw her, my wife…her books in her hands as she held them in front of her chest like an innocent school girl. People’s eyes focused on us, I didn’t see them, because I was to busy looking at her, but I could feel them. She smiled at me, which I gladly returned along with a wave. I saw laugh a bit as she struggled to put her books to one arm as she waved back. I walked to her side and took the books from her hands.

“Thank you.”

I let out a half smile as I took her hand “Gaja!”

She laughed then quickly whispered in my ear, “Great acting” and placed a quick peck at my cheek making people around us burst out in AWHHH’s

Her whispers sent chills through my spine. I opened her car door for her and handed her books to her. When we drove off we didn’t head straight home.

“Jooyeon where are we going?”

“I have a company party to attend tonight and my mom wants me to bring you.”

“I’m going to meet her now?”

“Oh no, just the company people, you’ll meet her this weekend.”

“Oh…”

“If you don’t want to come you don’t have to, I will just tell my mom you were unwell.”

“No its ok! It will only cause suspicions, I’ll go.”

“Haha ok if you say so.”

“Now can you tell me where we are going?”

“Oh were going to pick some clothes up for you to wear.”

“Yeah cause wearing Jeans and a T-shirt is too fancy” she laughed

I dropped her off at the mall with my credit card. “You’re not coming?” she asked.

“Ah no I have to go get something really quick, call me when your done.”

“Wait what do I even buy?”

“Anything you want, and a nice dress for tonight…or a pair of jeans and a t-shirt will do!”

I heard her laugh before I drove off.

~5:00~

I placed the small bag in the pocket of my jacket when I picked her up.

“Hey did you find everything ok?”

She nodded her head. “I actually liked what I got. I hope you do too.”

I looked at her quickly and felt my heart rate increase again. She cleared before adding “You know as in its not too casual or something.”

We went home and got ready. I finished first and was waiting downstairs, at the stair case. I wore a simple dress, not to formal not to casual but enough to make me feel comfortable. I heard the bedroom door shut from upstairs as the heels of her shoes tap onto the floor. I looked up awaiting to see what she will look like. She reached the top of the staircase where I was able to see her from head to toe. My god she was beautifully breath taking. Her eyes had a twinkle in them from the reflection of the light. She started walking down the stairs and each step she took I felt my heart beat begin to beat faster and faster, then finally when she stood in front of me, that’s when everything stopped.

“How do I look?” she nervously tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Absolutely stunning.”

Her eyes met mine. “Really? Not too much?”

I shook my head side to side. “Shall we go now?” I gave her my arm which she took, as we walked all the maids looked at us. I’m sure they are still having their suspicions I feel like everything I have to do has to be perfect otherwise I will end up having the maids tell my mother.

We got into the car and I put my hand into my jacket and gripped the small box inside when I took it out and took a deep breath.

I put the box in front of her opened so that she could see what it was. “For you.”

(Image belongs to the rightful owner)

She took the box and took the ring out. “Jooyeon, you shouldn’t have. This must have been expensive. Go return it!”

“Just wear it, it will make everything more believable, trust me people will ask questions if you don’t have a ring.”

“Look I got one for myself too!” I held out my hand

(Image belongs to the rightful owner)

She laughed before saying “The things we have to do to prove a lie to people. Let’s hope it pays off.”

“Ready?”

She shook her head as she placed the ring on her finger and showed it to me. “Definitely.”