Chapter 7

Love Within A Contract

YO! I know I know! It's been a long long while since I updated huh?! Alot of stuff has happened but THATS NO EXCUSE! LOL JK anyways I'm back and I'm terribly sorry I havent updated in a while. But I am back now. I will update more frequently in the summer and thats June 13, 2014. So if I dont update you can tell me to get off my lazy lol. Anyways heres  the chapter I managed to write today!

 

NANA POV

Oh god what do I do?...

I heard the flashing of camera’s as the room became silent as if they were waiting to see who I would choose…and who I would leave behind. Do I pick the guy I’ve been in love with for almost my whole life or do I pick my “wife”? She’s not even my real wife though and it’s not that I like her…right? I looked into Kris’s eyes and he gave me that charming smile of his and I won’t lie it still made my heart beat, maybe not as strong as it used to but that’s because he’s been away for a while…I looked at Jooyeon and she gave me a soft smile that looked like there was something more to it, there was a tint of sadness within that smile. That’s when I felt her pulling her hand away from mine as her smile began to lose its form.

“Jooyeon…”

What is she doing?

She leaned to my ear for a brief moment and that’s when she whispered “You probably weren’t going to pick me anyways…I’ll go ahead first.”

Her hand dropped to her side and more flashes began to flash with a shutter sound. Some gasps were heard.

God these people do they really need to make it so dramatic?

She cleared and walked away from the scene, I looked at her as she left through the glass doors.  I felt my heart beat against my chest, but this wasn’t the good kind…it hurt, almost as if it was crying in agony or something…maybe because it knows if I go with Kris, it’s the wrong choice to make…that’s why it feels like this right?

I turned to look at Kris and what surprised me was that he was actually smirking at what had just happened. He smiled once he saw me look at him and held my hand tighter like he was proud of his victory.

 “Let’s go.”  He pulled my hand with him…for some reason my body just pulled away. I let go of his hands and more flashes began to snap.

“Nana…what---“

“I’m sorry Kris, but I think its time I go home with my wife now, it was great to see you and well catch up some other time.”

I left before he could say anything, before I could regret the decision I just made. I literally chose someone else over Kris…was it because it was the right thing to do with the situation or was it because I wanted to?

I walked out the glass doors and looked for Jooyeon. She couldn’t have gone that far right…

 

JOOYEON POV

I looked into Nana’s eyes, and I knew from the moment she looked at Kris and the way he smiled at her, that she wouldn’t pick me, or at least she didn’t want to. I let go of her hand before she could let go of mine, I already knew what she would have done, I just took an easier route and did it myself. At least this way I still don’t know for sure who she would have gone with. But who am I kidding? Kris, she’s been in love with this guy, I can never compete. Her love is with me is all lies and contract.

 I walked outside the glass door, I felt people looking at me but I just shrugged it off. I went to pick up my car, and I sat in there and rested my head on the steering wheel. Why should I be affected by all of this? I knew what I was getting into the moment her father and I drew up the contract, I should know that everything is just acting, no feelings involved. I should have thought this through, I know her father asked for this. But is it really worth it? I can feel something growing inside of my heart…it cant be helped, a beautiful girl like her, who’s not to fall in love…well at least I’m in like, I don’t think I love her yet.

I felt the breeze rush into my car when the passenger door opened. I turned my head slightly as it still rested on the steering wheel.

“Nana…”

She got inside the car and looked at me. “Jooyeon…why did you just walk away?”

“You wouldn’t have chose me anyways, and if you did you only did that cause you had to, I didn’t want to have you do that.”

“You didn’t know who I was going to pick…”

I sat up and looked at her “So would you have picked me huh?”

She was taken aback and sat there. “Just don’t answer I already know what your going to say.”

“I would have picked you.”

“…”

“I would have picked you because yes even though this marriage is all contract your still my wife…”

“…”

I cleared my throat. “I’m sorry for the sudden lashing out. I don’t feel to well so maybe that’s why I’m behaving this way.”

She nodded her head. “It’s ok. Let’s just get you home.”

I drove us back home and no words were exchanged, just awkward glances. When we got home I parked my car in front of the house, I was going to go open her door for her but she said that it was ok.

I walked up the stairs to the bedroom leaving her slightly behind, I don’t care if the maids are analyzing. I just know that I have a weird feeling tonight…and I just want to sleep to forget about it.  I took out my pajamas from the closet and began undressing myself not even caring to go to the bathroom to change. I crawled onto the bed and closed my eyes. I felt my head begin to spin, and my heart started to ache.

Just go to sleep and it will all be better…

I heard the bedroom door creek open and I heard Nana’s light footsteps. She sighed a bit and then I heard her go to the washroom. I closed my eyes when I heard the door open. I pretended to sleep, I feel stupid because of my behavior tonight. I felt the bed move and I knew she was lying down beside me. I peeked my eyes open to find her back facing me. I stared as I saw it move according to her breathing patterns, I watched it until I fell asleep.

NANA POV

I woke up and felt the warmth of the blanket wrapping my body. I yawned a bit and opened my eyes.

Badump…Badump…Badump…

The warmth I felt was not coming from a blanket it was coming from Jooyeon who completely draped her arms and legs around me. I stared at her my eyes still wide at the position we were in, should I nudge her away. She sleeps like a child…her hair was all messy and she took up most of the bed. Aish this girl…I tried to lift her arm slowly off of me but it didn’t work she just placed it back over my body.

“Jooyeon…”

I tapped her a little. “Pst…Jooyeon…”

She shook her head slightly as she shushed  me “Shhh shhh sleep sleep.”

I chuckled, this girl isn’t even aware of what she’s doing or saying. I sighed and gave up and laid there as she hugged me tighter. I shook my head,

“Just don’t drool.” I laughed.

I started to think about things and last night, I don’t know what that was all about. After about 20 minutes she finally yawned as she opened her eyes, still hugging me.

“Hi Nana...”

“Hi, haha, are you comfortable?”

She looked at me and how she was hugging me. “Oh my god I’m sorry!” She bolted up and sat straight.

“I must have been really tired last night…errr speaking of last night…again I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay just forget about it.” I gave her a reassuring smile.

*knock knock knock*

“Mrs. Jooyeon? Your mom has arrived!”

Jooyeon and I quickly shot each other a glare.

“!”