Chapter 15

Love Within A Contract

 

HELLO ALL, LONG TIME NO SEE. Any Joona shippers still on board? Well if there are, heres an update for you. :) Thanks for remaining with me my fellow shippers. 

 

 

NANA POV

 

“JOOYEON!” I yelled, kneeling to the floor to lift her into my arms.

 

“Yah, yah wake up.” I lightly tapped her face, seeing that her eyes were still slightly open.

 

Her hand reached up to grab mine that was rested on her cheek, “I’m okay Nana,” She swallowed a bit, “Don’t worry. I just haven’t pushed myself to run that fast in a while.” She chuckled softly, her eyes blinking heavily at me. “I really need to start working out again.”

 

She took a few deep breaths, the paparazzi’s circled around us snapping as many pictures as they could.

 

They really don’t give her a break do they?

 

“Let’s get you to the nearest hospital.” I said lifting her up as gently as I could, adjusting her in my arms.

 

“No, I’m okay really. I just need to go home and rest up.” She refused.

 

“But- “ I tried to reason with her, only to have her cut me off.

 

“Such a small matter like this is nothing THE Lee Jooyeon cant handle.” She chuckled raising her eyebrow at me.

 

I glared at her unamused. “Uh-huh…that’s what you say and yet you’re like this.” I looked at her frail in my arms.

 

She laughed. “He was a bit faster than I expected okay? And for not running in a while, I still did a good job, admit it.” She urged me.  

 

“I admit, that you need to get home and rest, come on I’ll drive.” I helped her stand up and let her lean on me for support as I assisted her into the car’s passenger seat.

 

On the way home I broke the silence that started to develop between us. “Those news people really don’t give you a break do they? I thought celebrities had it bad.”

 

She laughed and looked at me, “Well, I am kind of-” she used air quotes “a celebrity” She continued on “and a good looking one too while we are on that topic.”

 

I chuckled at her, “Well, I never knew Korea’s second largest company owner was so into self-praise.”

 

“A little self-praise isn’t ba—wait did you just say second largest?” She caught on as late as ever making me laugh.

 

“I’m kidding,” We reached a stop light and I lightly nudged her “Korea’s LARGEST company owner.” I emphasized the word watching her nod her head in approval.

 

I laughed shaking my head. “You know I wonder if people are ever fooled by you’re cool, serious, sophisticated façade that you put on. Because when the cameras are away you’re the biggest kid I know.”

 

“Was that a compliment?” She asked.

 

“Was it?” I causing her to give me a poker face. I turned my face away trying to hide my grin.

 

We pulled up to the house and the maids came to aid me with getting Jooyeon upstairs to the room. I pulled the covers of the bed open and she laid down on the bed.

 

I asked a few of the maids to get me some things so that I could take care of Jooyeon’s injuries.

 

“Aren’t you going to change?” I asked her while looking at her still in the clothes she went out in which I figured wouldn’t be comfortable to sleep in.

 

She groaned. “I would, but I’m so tired. It’s been a long day.”

 

The maids came in with a tray of stuff.

 

I shook my head, “Such a Kid. You know for someone who is older than me, you sure don’t act like it.” I poked her forehead softly, reaching for the tray as I grabbed a towel, Neosporin and a band-aid.

 

I dipped the towel in water lightly soaking it as I brought it to her lips, dabbing it trying to get rid of the dried blood that remained.

 

Putting the towel aside I turned her face to look at her cheek. I lightly traced the scratch, making her wince softly. “Don’t be such a baby.” I .

 

“You should be thanking me.” She pouted. “This beautiful face got messed up for you.”

 

I smiled to myself because of her words. I instantly looked down, only to catch her smirking at me when I looked back up. “W-what!” I stuttered a little.

 

.

 

“I saw you smile.” She teased, smiling to herself as well.  

 

Quickly putting a little Neosporin on my finger I coated the scratch with the ointment, not exactly doing it in the gentlest manner.

 

It wasn’t my fault, I wanted her to wipe that stupid grin off her face.

 

I could tell she tried to sit still but it must have really hurt because I noticed her fingers fidgeting on the bed, making me feel bad and rubbing the wound in a softer way.  

 

Without thinking I automatically wanted to soothe her, so I leaned close to her cheek, my thumb still spreading the ointment across the wound. I took a deep breath and lightly blew on it softly.

 

Slowly and Softly.

 

Dugeun Dugeun…

 

My heart was beating too loud for my liking when she turned to look at me.

 

I sat back, nibbling on my bottom lip. “I was trying to soothe it.” I mumbled opening the band-aid and putting it on for her.

 

“Thank you.” She ruffled my hair making my heart flutter a bit more.

 

I nodded quickly, excusing myself to the restroom, shutting the door behind me and leaning against it. I placed my hand over my heart trying to prevent it from beating any faster.

 

Coming out to the room, I saw her lying in bed, fast asleep. I sighed going to my side of the bed sitting next to her, I looked at her breathing slowly.

 

Letting another sigh escape my lips I turned to fully face the sleeping figure, lightly tracing her face with my fingers as delicately as I could.

 

The words started to come out, and I wasn’t able to stop myself.

 

“Why can’t you just remember what you did huh?” I moved a few pieces of hair behind her ear.

 

“Was it really not worth remembering? Ever since you kissed me I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it…”

 

“What did you do to me Lee Jooyeon? You and that stupid kiss. You ruined everything”

 

“I can’t even bring myself to look at you in the eyes for longer than 5 seconds without launching my heart in to some crazy malfunctioning state where I can’t control it…”

 

 “You kissed me, yet it’s only my mind that’s stained with that memory.”

 

Her breathing was getting a bit louder, and her chest seemed to be heaving unsteadily. I sighed getting up and going downstairs.

 

She must really be unwell, I’ll make her some soup so she can eat when she wakes up.

 

JOOYEON POV

 

I watched as Nana scurried to the bathroom, making me chuckle to myself. I took a deep breath laying back in the bed.

 

All she did was blow my cheek, yet I felt so many things. I wonder what it would do to me if I actually kissed her.

 

I heard the bathroom door open and I was going to try to scare her. Closing my eyes, I waited for her to come closer. Her footsteps lingered in the distance, slowly getting closer and closer.

 

Just wait for it…not yet…I’ll wait until she sits on the bed.

 

I felt the bed move, indicating her presence was now right beside me.

 

Now!

 

I was about to jump up to scare her when my actions got halted due to the soft yet cold fingers that calmly traced my face, stopping me from moving. I kept my eyes shut. I wouldn’t dare open them now.

 

“Why can’t you just remember what you did huh?” She moved a few hair strands away from my face, speaking lowly, but enough for me to hear.  

 

“Was it really not worth remembering? Ever since you kissed me I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it…”

 

Ever…

 

Since…

 

I…

 

“What did you do to me Lee Jooyeon? You and that stupid kiss. You ruined everything”

 

Flashes came into my head of that night. The missing pieces of the puzzle started to fill.

 

“I can’t even bring myself to look at you in the eyes for longer than 5 seconds without launching my heart in to some crazy malfunctioning state where I can’t control it…”

 

The blurred images of that night started to clear, and I was now remembering every single moment. From the fight with the guy who tried to touch her, to the kiss against the car, the stumbling and rambling in the hallway, Nana trying to help undress me, and the end of the night kiss…”

 

 “You kissed me, yet it’s only my mind that’s stained with that memory.”

 

My breath started to get uneven along with the flashes that triggered through my mind. It was all overwhelming. My thoughts were flooded with the memories that were reappearing one by one…piece by piece. 

 

How could I forget…