Chapter 1

Love Within A Contract

NANA POV

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

“UGH!” I slammed my hand onto my alarm to stop the annoying beeping sound.  Slowly I peeked one of my eyes open to see what time it was.

“6:30….ugh…”

 I groaned more in frustration it was so early, but of course I have to wake up for college. Oh well it’s going to be my last year before graduating anyways, and then I can go wherever my heart desires.

I yawned and stretched in bed trying to wake myself up and get my day started, my eyes slowly started to shut back refusing to wake up yet and have just a little more sleep, I let them close and I’ve never felt so comfortable in my life until….

*BANG BANG BANG*

“NANA IT’S TIME TO WAKE UP BIRTHDAY GIRL!”

 I shot my father who was banging a wooden spoon on a pot the death look. I groaned loudly and pulled the sheets over my head, “Go away…I know it’s my birthday, can’t we celebrate it later?”

The blanket was quickly pulled off my body and covered with the breeze of the cold morning,

“DAD!”

“Get up you lazy bum, come on! You have school today anyways!” He pulled the curtains open letting the rays of the sunlight come beaming through the window.

I let my body fall back onto the bed only to be pulled by my father “Come on Nana, why was I given such a lazy daughter?” he asked while pulling my arm.

Out of irritation I snapped at him “I don’t know dad, why don’t you ask mom that?!”

His hand slowly let go of my arm and fell to his side as the smile on his face disappeared and turned into a frown. I instantly felt guilty of what I said and wished that I could take it back.

“Dad…I…I didn’t mean that…I”

“No, no it’s ok…I know. I know I can never be enough for you, and I’m sorry your mother ran out on us, on you. You deserved better than this, you deserved to be raised by two parents not one.”  He tried to plaster a smile back onto his face but I could tell he was forcing it.

I got up and pulled him into a hug “You’re perfectly enough dad. I’ll get ready for school now ok?”

I went into the bathroom and right when I stepped into the shower I let my tears fall from my eyes, constantly asking myself, “Why, why did you leave us mom. Do you know how heartbroken Dad was…how I was?”

After my little breakdown in the shower, I got dressed and looked into the mirror looking at my reflection and told myself what I tell myself everyday “Today’s a new day.”

I headed down to the kitchen and smelled the scent of pancakes. I went to the dinner table and saw my father had prepared the usual breakfast birthday meal for me. Usually my mom would always make pancakes for me on my birthday, but that all stopped on my sixteenth birthday. My dad tried to take over the tradition, at first it tasted awful, but slowly it began to get tastier and tastier, and now it couldn’t possibly get any better.

“Mhmmm, this is really good dad, you’ve out done yourself!”

My father smiled and ruffled my hair, “Anything for my baby girl.”

“Dad I’m not a baby” I pouted.

He just laughed and said “Ok, You’re a big girl now which is why you deserve something special.”

“Dad…” I forked around the pancakes on my plate, “You know you don’t have to.”

“Nonsense, you’re my daughter and you deserve to get something, I think you’ll be quite surprised with your gift.”

I sighed I know if I keep arguing with him I’ll end up losing anyways. “Thanks dad.”

He nodded his head “But you’ll receive it after school, now hurry and go attend your classes like a good girl.”

I smiled at him, and waved goodbye before heading out the door. 

I stepped in front of the gate at school and took a breath, once I stepped inside everyone’s eyes turned me and the usual whispers went on. What do you expect when you’re the school’s ice princess? Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t always known as the ice princess, I just happened to changed when my mom left. I didn’t talk much for a while, and I apparently gave of a cold look which had people scared to approach me.

“NANA!”

Except her…I turned around to see my best friend Lizzy, we’ve known each other ever since I could remember. She’s always been there for me…my shoulder to lean on. I smiled at her, “Hey Lizzy.”

“Here.” She brought out a box and placed it in front of my face.

“Lizzy I told you that I don’t want anything from you. You being my friend is enough.”

“Please, pretty please just take it.” I sighed in defeat, damn her stupid puppy eyes. I took the box from her hands.

“Well…open it!” She shouted in excitement.

I opened the box to see a customized wrist watch, you know on the hands how usually its arrows pointing towards the hour? The one Lizzy made had the letter “N” the hand of the hour and the “L” the hand of the seconds.

“Lizzy…this is…it’s the best. Thank you.”

“It’s supposed to symbolize that no matter what I will always be here for you even if you get left behind I’ll come around and catch you up.” She showed the biggest grin I had ever received from anyone which made me embrace her into a hug.

“Woah the ice princess showing emotions? What’s happening to the world” She laughed.

I shot her a death glare quickly “And the ice princess is back…”

I laughed at her stupid remark. She always finds a way to make me laugh.

The bell rang and we went to class to get the day started. Nothing much happened just the usual boring lectures. I got a couple happy birthday from the people who had enough courage to say it to me, I just nodded my head indicating I was thanking them, I didn’t think that it was that much, but I guess to them getting my attention meant a lot because they ended up squealing and telling their friends.

I went home and opened the door and went inside the house, “Dad I’m home.” I said once stepped in. There was no response so I figured that he just went out. I went up to my room with heavy footsteps. I opened my door only to see all my things were gone. “WHAT!” I quickly ran downstairs and grabbed the phone I can’t believe we got robbed on my birthday. 9….1….

“Nana...” I turned around and looked at my dad who was smiling happily like nothing was going on.

I ran to him “Dad we’ve been robbed my things are gone!”

He laughed. Why is he laughing at a situation like this? “No they weren’t robbed, just moved.”

“Oh, where were they moved to?”

He was about to answer when someone’s voice interrupted him.

“Hey Mr. Im when was my cue to come out again.” I saw a girl with black hair, and skin like snow peek out from the kitchen.

He sighed “Well the surprise is ruined now.” He laughed “Come out, Jooyeon.”

Jooyeon…who the hell is that? Do I know her? “Who is she?” I asked pointing to the girl.

He looked at me, showing a mischievous grin. “Nana, meet your wife Jooyeon.”  

 

 

HEY GUYS! So this is the first chapter I pomised you all I'd post by this weekend, sorry it was a little boring. You know the first chapters are usually just the starting point for the story, so dont worry it will get better haha this was basically just some background information and alll...but yeah! until the next update!