Dream Five

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝05 Dream Five
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   November  2012

Hyun Jae was torn about the whole thing.

One part of her was actually excited and hopeful that she would make it into the group. She had been training for a while even before coming into FNC Entertainment and the idea of finally debut was something she wanted extremely badly.

However, one part of her was over the whole thing and just hoped she didn't get into the group. She knew for a fact that she didn't belong in a group and the idea of teamwork made her cringe.

She wasn't made to be part of a group and even the time she had spent training with the other potential girls, she didn't interact with any of them out of her own free will. The only person that had honed in on her isolation was Yukari, who for some reason, always bothered the other girl whenever Seulki was hanging around Song Yi and Kairi...Though it was more like Kairi was taking care of the injured girl while Song Yi chimed in a few words as they talked. 

It was annoying whenever Yukari came bouncing over and even with cold words Hyun Jae threw at her, the older girl smiled before she proceeded to chat on with their one sided conversation. 

It was all the mixed feelings and thoughts that was boiling around in her head that made her scowl deeply as she sat outside of Mr. Hong's office, waiting for her name to called next along with some of other girls. 

Mr. Hong was the one who dealt with all the trainee's progress and was the head when it came to picking out of the final members of Dream Girls, the name they had decided on for the group that will debut. 

Hyun Jae didn't care when some of the other girls who were waiting with her, flinched at her scowl. She knew she was intimidating and knew they wouldn't bother her unless they wanted a verbal thrashing. 

When the door of the Mr. Hong's office finally opened with a dazed looking Song Yi walked out, Hyun Jae rolled her eyes and buried the feeling of jealousy that started to erupt when she clearly recognized that  Song Yi was given the green light to part of the group. 

Kairi, who was seated to Hyun Jae's right, shared a few words of congrats with the younger girl before Song Yi power walked off, probably in excitement. 

Hyun Jae didn't realize she had been staring at Song Yi's back the whole time until her name was called and she snapped her eyes back to door of the office. Getting up from her seat, she walked inside and closed the door shut immediately behind her. 

"Ah, Hyun Jae," Mr. Hong greeted with wrinkles forming on his aged face from the smile that showed up. "Sit down." 

Hyun Jae took a seat as Mr. Hong started flipping through a few papers with a small hum. Hyun Jae merely stared at him until he finally looked up. 

"Before I tell you, why don't you tell me why you decided to audition for the Dream Girls. I'm fully aware that you aren't a team player as most people say."  Mr. Hong said with a smile which automatically made Hyun Jae frown when she saw it. 

"I want to debut." Hyun Jae stated with a serious face, "I think I deserve to debut and I honestly didn't think I would make it this far. I'm clearly aware that people don't me fun to work it, so I thought I wouldn't even make it to here. I wanted people to see that I'm capable of being able to work hard for what I want even if it goes out of my comfort zone." 

Mr. Hong laughed at this, "You're absolutely right about the not fun to work with part. It's pretty clear when I watched in on your practice."

Hyun Jae steeled herself after this, half of her mind sighing from relief that she was going to get rejected, while the other half of mind was already in a sad corner for the very same reason. What Mr. Hong said next though, made those two parts of her mind come together in utter shock and confusion,

"That is why, Hyun Jae, we decided to debut you in Dream Girls."

Hyun Jae didn't even bother to hide anything on her face, "What...You can't be serious."

"Of course, I am. This is the perfect opportunity for you to grow as a person and I, personally, like watching flowers grow."

Hyun Jae flinched at the last part of his sentence even though it was clear that man across from her was coming onto her. It was more like an caring elderly man looking after his granddaughter. 

"I don't see why I can't just debut as a solo artist. What is it that I lack that you're putting me in a group which girls that I clearly won't get along with." Hyun Jae demanded. 

Mr. Hong didn't seem to mind the tone Hyun Jae was using with him and held his hands towards Hyun Jae, "This! This is precisely why we wanted you to debut you in a group." 

"I'm not following." 

"Just take it from a wise old man, this will be a good experience for you." Mr. Hong said before he instructed Hyun Jae to go call her friends and/or family about the great news. 

Just as Hyun Jae was about to leave, she turned back to Mr. Hong, "This is a horrible idea...and whoever said you were wise, must have been a moron." 

When the only answer Hyun Jae got was a twinkling laugh, she her heels and with a roll of her eyes, left the room. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

With Hyun Jae revealed, only one more character to be revealed before the story official starts. 

Congrats to -fullmetal for sending Hyun Jae in. Her position is Main Rapper, Vocals. Now the only position that is left in the group is Main Dancer, Vocals. I'm playing around with ships in the group and there probably will be official ships in the group...cause after all, all groups have that and are pretty planned...If you see a particular ship you like or might want to see in the future, tell me in the comments!

In other news, I might be actually thinking about writing another story. However, I'm currently playing around with the idea of writing either a reader insert or maybe doing a multi one-shot sort of deal or perhaps another apply story. Don't fret though, this story is my main focus and I'm not going to abandon it just because I have many different ideas floating around. 

Thank you for reading on thus far and until next time. 

 

 

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )