Dream Ten

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝10 Dream Ten  
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   February 2013

The month of January, to Seulki, seemed to just came and went. 

After the camping trip Seungho made them go on, everything started to kick off into high gear. Practices were still long and stressful with the instructors being more keen on the mistakes the girls made, but Seulki could tell that they were just worried about their debut as much as they were. Hyun Jae still stayed overnight for more practice, but she was never really alone.

At least one member was always with her, usually it was Yukari or Seulki, herself, but once in a while Song Yi would stay. Even on more rarer times, Minah or Kairi would stay, but it was usually in the company of someone else as well. 

Then during the middle of the month, a press conference was called and Dream Girls' debut date was announced. The press went as crazy as Yukari and Minah's squealing when they found out that they were finally going to debut. Even Hyun Jae seemed to be happy about the set debut date that she was actually a little more nicer to everyone that day, but then came the shocker. 

During the press conference, it was revealed Dream Girls will have a band sub-unit in Japan and a a sub-unit in Korea. When that news was found out, the members were a mix of excited, but also worried. Yukari seemed to be the most happiest when Seungho accidentally slip that she was in the band sub-unit and wouldn't stop talking about Japan or how she couldn't wait to see how much home changed since she left. 

With that practices continued for a while with added instrument practices before in the last week of January, the girls went to a studio and got their teaser photos taken. It was a surreal experience for Seulki as she posed and was blinded by bright lights as a photographer told her compliments. Thankfully she didn't show the dumbstruck expression she was really feeling on her photos. 

Now it was February, a few days after the first member was revealed to the public. It was chosen that Song Yi would be the first member whose picture would be revealed and since then, Yukari and Kairi took to monitoring the reactions from the public via Kairi's phone. The girl's were in the car with Kairi in the passenger seat next to Seungho with Yukari and Minah in front row with Song Yi, Seulki and Hyun Jae in the back. 

"The response is pretty good." Kairi had stated with a proud smile as she handed the phone to Yukari, who 'oohed' and  twisted around to show Song Yi. 

"Look! You already have fanboys!" At this, Song Yi blushed slightly before Minah 'awwed' at the sight. 

"It can't be all good can it?" Hyun Jae questioned, "there is bound to people who can't handle so many groups debuting already." 

"More good than bad!" Minah commented with a firm nod of her head when she was handed Kairi's phone before giving it to Seulki. 

Seulki blinked as she started to read some of the comments and when Yukari said Song Yi already had some fanboys, she wasn't joking. Many of the comments referred to how pretty Song Yi was or how they were excited to hear the single, but once in a while, there were people sighing about another group or saying Song Yi wasn't all that special. 

"The bad ones aren't important as the good ones. We don't need the bad ones to weigh us down." Kairi commented before Hyun Jae nodded a bit in agreement. 

"By the way," Yukari started. "Are we there yet? I'm hungry~!" 

"Yukari," Seungho sighed before he made a turn. "For the last time, there are salads in that bag next to you." 

"But they're so yucky! I don't want to be on a diet." 

"Psst, Yukari. Don't worry I got some candy in my bag." Minah whispered to Yukari who gave her two big thumbs up.

"What was that?" Seungho asked which was met with a chorus of 'nothing!' before there were giggles. 

"No seriously. Are we there yet?" Hyun Jae put her two cents in as she shifted in her seat. 

"Just about....You know, I would think you would be more excited about finally shooting your first music video." Seungho commented before he made a turn. 

"Hyun Jae is excited...she just shows it in a tsundere way." Yukari chimed before Hyun Jae scowled. 

"What did you call me, you block head." 

Seulki watched as Yukari let out a 'eep' as Hyun Jae leaned forward in her seat and glared before she felt tap on her shoulders. 

"Are you okay? You're not very talkative today...more than usual." Song Yi commented as she locked eyes at Seulki, who shifted in her seat and played with her fingers. 

"No, it' nothing..I just don't know about this." Song Yi furrowed her eyebrows at this, but before she could say anything, the car came to a stop. 

"We're here!" Minah, Seungho and Yukari chimed, the girls with excitement while Seungho said this in a sigh of relief. 

~~~

Minah took a deep breath before exhaling it shakily as she watched the scene in front of her. Many of the staff members were moving around, double checking everything was in place while she stood off to the side, waiting to be called. 

Out of the girls, Minah was going to be the first to be shot. She was extremely and utterly nervous. She had made sure before stepping out of makeup room, that nothing was out of place. She felt a bit weird wearing a nice black dress after wearing only sweats for almost three months, but it made her look tall and as many of the members said, 'really pretty'. 

Taking another deep breath, she was busy trying to mentally calm herself down that she didn't hear the clicking of heels behind her before they stopped next to her. 

"Hey...Is everything alright?" Minah almost fell over in surprise at the voice before she turned and saw made up Kairi standing there. She cocked an amused filled in eyebrow at Minah's expression. 

"Uh. Yeah...Just lost in my thoughts...I...Yeah." 

"You know, Minah..." Kairi started after looking at Minah for a while, "You can tell me anything...especially since we're the same age and all. You can be really informal too." 

Minah smiled a bit, "Thanks, Kairi...I'm just a little nervous...I just don't think...I'm going to do great. I never did this before unlike Yukari and I don't know if my expressions will be good enough. I can't just conjure pretty expressions out of nowhere like Song Yi can when we all practiced last night and I don't think I have enough training...and Gah." 

Kairi blinked at Minah, processing the information. "Minah. I'm sure you'll be fine and don't think because you trained for less amount of time as us, you're less than us. You're our main dancer, there is obviously talent in you...unless you know, the rest of us can't dance." 

"What! No way, of course you all can! I didn't mean to offend you or-" 

"I'm just kidding." Kairi giggled before the director called Minah's name. Kairi pat Minah on the shoulder once, "Hwaiting! I'll here watching, so good luck." 

Minah smiled a bit at this, "Thanks. I'll just think of you as my personal cheerleader then." 

"Give me a M. Give me a I..." Kairi started before she busted out in laughter which Minah followed suit, but stopped when the director called for her once more. 

~~~

Seulki's natural urge was to run especially now that she was done with her makeup and she had put on her dress. She hadn't put on her heels yet because they were a bit comfortable for her still. The backdoor was open because of the stuffiness of the room and amount of hairspray going into Hyun Jae's hair at the moment. 

Seulki looked over at the backdoor once more before turning back to the people in front of her. Song Yi and Hyun Jae were getting ready still, the eyeliner a little on the thick side to match the dresses they were wearing with perfect foundation and carefully done hair. 

Seulki's look unlike the other girls were a bit on the minimal side with a bit of makeup and a dress a little more tailored for her young age. She didn't really feel like on the same level and it made her feel awkward. Then the doubt about the whole debut thing started to come in, a feeling she felt even before getting to the music video location and she had been sitting  on the couch ever since, eyeing the door. 

The couch suddenly sunk down and Seulki looked to her left with wide eyes at Yukari who looked surprised at Seulki's panicked expression. 

"What's wrong? Nervous?" Yukari asked as she reached over and wrapped an arm around Seulki's shoulder in a sign of comfort. 

"Y-yeah." 

"Ah! Seulki~. I thought we were over the stuttering stage now. I mean it's cute and all, but we're friends now...Unless we aren't then," Yukari started to pout and Seulki shook her head immediately.

"No, it's just that...I don't know, Unnie. Can I really do this?" 

"Of course, you can...Seulki, you didn't come all this way to not go for it, you know.You're just as talented or even more talented than everyone else here." Yukari said as the couch once more sunk down next to Seulki, but this time to her left. 

"Not me." Hyun Jae turned out to be the one who sat next to Seulki, inspecting her nails like she didn't say anything. Yukari let out a laugh at this. 

"Haha~. How cute shy Hyun Jae is." Hyun Jae looked over immediately, with narrowed eyes that looked even more darker than usual than to the dark makeup around them. 

"You have five seconds to run." 

"...Aye aye~" It wasn't two seconds before Hyun Jae started chasing after Yukari, who looked too happy about the situation. 

"Don't run away, Seulki. You worked hard for this. You deserve to shine as much as us." Song Yi said, from her spot on her chair, who gave her a soft smile. 

"I...I...okay." Seulki said, not bothering to look out the backdoor again until Yukari and Hyun Jae went out it before coming back in. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Ended up writing one of those chapters. Where everyone is happyish. 

The chapter was much longer before...but then my internet had a melt down and before I could save anything, my laptop committed suicide. However since I promised to update every week, I decided to scrap up with what I remembered and wrote this out. 

Not my favorite chapter so far, but it's okay.

Just a question for you all, which members would you like to see interact more? 

For those of you who haven't seen the music video for Sweet Dream, click here. The person who at your singing part will be where your character is with Jaekyung, the one who walks around with the mask being Song Yi. 

( h a r l e q u i n. )