Chapter Sixteen

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]


]❝16 Dream Sixteen 
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   April 2013

"Wait," Kairi said, making every pair of eyes look at her. "Only two of us are going?" 

When Kairi's stare went over to Sumi, she nodded her head. "Yup, only two of you are going."

At this, Yukari let out a noise of disappointment as Hyun Jae crossed her arms to her chest, "You guys couldn't just tell us that before we all got up super early." 

Hyun Jae clearly didn't hide of her displeasure for the whole situation especially since she was one who lugged Seulki's unmoving body out of younger girl's shared bedroom with Song Yi and Kairi. The girls decided to take turns waking up Seulki every week
as some sort of 'let's share the responsibility now that we're a group' exercise (Hyun Jae, honestly thinks that Kairi is being lazy) and unfortunately, this week was Hyun Jae's turn. 

To put it simply, a physically weak (not that she would admit it out loud, despite it being obvious to everyone) girl carrying the tallest member was indeed not easy. 

"I mean," Seungho spoke up a bit sheepish under the narrowed eyes of Hyun Jae. "We thought you guys knew that the Quiz to Change the World shows usually only allows two members of different groups to show up...Sumi said you would know." 

Sumi sent a glare at Seungho, "Please, can you act like a man instead of a scared chipmunk?" 

"...Are you saying I have big teeth?" 

"I think she's saying that you're a wimp." Yukari pointed out, trying to help, but it only made Seungho's shoulder drop in a sulking positioning. 

"Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner." Hyun Jae stated. 

"Wow even Yukari got it before you." Kairi said with clear surprise. 

"So which two members are going then?" Song Yi asked, sensing the conversation was going nowhere fast, sucessfully drawing everyone's attention. Sumi looked at Song Yi with a grateful smile. 

"Well, you are definitely going, Song Yi. You are the visual of the group." Song Yi flushed at this, still not used to be calling this term, "The other person...well, we're deciding between Yukari and Minah." 

"Why not me?" Hyun Jae and Kairi spoke up at the same time, neither really pleased. 

"Because Yukari and Minah are the most out-going of you all. Even though, Kairi, you were the first choice to go with Song Yi, you don't warm up to the crowd as fast as those two. Hyun Jae, you don't...you're not exactly that good at variety shows yet." 

At Sumi's words, Hyun Jae frowned deeply as Kairi let out a sigh of defeat at the logic. Seulki gave a small smile to the other girl and patted her shoulder a couple of times in comfort. 

"Anyway, Yukari, Minah, do any of you really want to go?" Seungho asked and both of the girl rose their hands at the same time  with chants of 'me, me, me, me' before they both looked at each other with grins. 

"Okay, how about this," Sumi suggested as she pulled out a coin from her pocket. "Heads for Minah and Tails for Yukari." 

With a nod of confirmation, everyone watched as Sumi threw the coin into the air before catching it and placing it on the top of her hand. Pulling her hand away, the coin revealed to be heads. 

"Yay!" Minah exclaimed as Yukari pouted.

"Now that's settled, the rest of you can either stay at home today or go practice." 

"I'll go practice." Hyun Jae stated as Yukari followed after her with a wide grin. 

"Me too! Me too!" 

"I think we deserve a break, don't we, Seulki?" At the question from Kairi, the girl smiled. 

"Okay. If you don't mind, can we bake something?" 

"Let's go, everyone! We're going to late if we don't hurry." Seungho urged before everyone waved at Seulki and Kairi and left the dorm. 

"Bake something? Okay, sure. Why not?" Kairi agreed and the two girls walked to the kitchen excited. 
 
After a small debate on what to be baked, the two girls settled on some sugar cookies since they weren't that hard. Kairi wasn't much of a baker so she let Seulki take over when she needed to. However, Kairi couldn't help, but notice Seulki had her phone nearby on the counter and once in a while, it would light up. 

"So, text message from someone?" Kairi asked when the phone went off once more and Seulki abandoned wrapping the dough in the plastic. At being caught, Seulki flushed pink. 

"O-oh, yes. It's from a friend." The younger girl sputtered out and Kairi frowned at this, though she wiped it off her face when Seulki looked  at her. 

"A friend? I'm proud of you, Seulki. You don't usually make friends easily, so this a real big step forward. Do I know this person?" Kairi asked with a genuine tone in her voice and an interested smile. Her mind however, she was frowning and chanting that it better not be Zelo or else followed by an chibi of Zelo being beat with a bat. 

"Y-yeah," Seulki started and Kairi desperately held onto the idea that it was indeed not Zelo, but it was crushed within a few seconds. "It's Junhong, I mean Zelo." 

"Oh..." Kairi started with a blank face and seeing Seulki looking nervous, smiled instead. It might have looked a bit murderous, but Seulki didn't seem to notice, "That's good. You have a friend your age with the same interests as you..." 

"Yeah, he was teaching me how to LTE rap, but I still haven't gotten the grasp of it." 

"Oh really...Swell." Kairi sighed out as Seulki smiled happily at her before she went back to wrapping up the dough so it could chill in the fridge. As soon as Seulki put the dough in the fridge, her cellphone went off. Seeing Seulki slowly make a grab at it, Kairi reached forward and wrapped her arm around the maknae's shoulder and turned her away. 

"Hey, how about we watch a movie while we wait? We can watch that movie you've been wanting to watch." Seulki's eyes beamed at this. 

"Really?" Kairi nodded before she dragged the girl into the living room, but not without shooting a victory smirk at the innocent cellphone on the kitchen counter. 

"Ha!" 

"Huh?" 

"Uh, nothing, Seulki. It's nothing." 

~~~~

Hyun Jae let out a small sigh as she took a seat at the corner of the room. Wiping the sweat off her forehead with a nearby towel, she discard it onto her lap and leaned back. Taking a look at the clock hung on the other wall of the dance room, she noticed that four hours had went by since she had gotten there and starting practicing. 

"Time sure does go quickly." 

"Sure, does! I felt I just sat down here and watched you." Hyun Jae almost forgot that Yukari was sitting next to her, but unfortunately, someone like Yukari couldn't say unnoticed and quiet for too long. This fact was something Hyun Jae grudgingly faced everyday.  

"If you didn't come here to practice, then why bother coming." Hyun Jae asked roughly at Yukari who grinned when the younger girl looked at her. 

"Cause~, I wanted to sneak out, duh! If I was at the dorm, Kairi-unnie would have kicked my even before I could even take a step towards the door." 

"I rather have you get your kicked by Kairi then be here right now." 

"You don't mean that, Hyun Jae. I can tell~." Hyun Jae pinned the girl with a blank and completely serious look. 

"I mean every word of what I said." 

Yukari let out a loud laugh at before she got up her feet, Hyun Jae finally thought that the girl was going to leave until she was hauled up forcibly onto her feet. 

"Now that you practiced, let's go have some fun and eat!" 

"No way, I'm not going with you." Hyun Jae said as she tried to pull Yukari's grip off of her arm, but it didn't do much good. 

"Aw, come on~! We'll just got out for like an hour. I really want some street food. I even got disguises!" Yukari said before grab her bag and shoved it into Hyun Jae's hands. 

Hyun Jae peered down at the bag and rose a brow, "Sunglasses...and are those wigs? Where did you get those?" 

"The internet~, duh~. I asked Seungho-oppa to buy it for me." 

"That man is too soft." Hyun Jae mumbled with an eye roll. 

"Come on, Hyun Jae! Pwease. We can go to Starbucks and I'll get you that frappe you like so much." Even though Hyun Jae's will did waver a slight tad at the mention of her favorite drink, she didn't dwell on it too much when Yukari started pulling on her arm rather hard. 

"I swear if you don't let go of my arm-," Hyun Jae threatened and Yukari seemed to take that as an okay that they will sneak out because she let out a squeal before she started dragging the girl towards the door. 

Hyun Jae would never admit that this was a good idea as she held her Cotton Candy frappe in one hand and a half eaten tornado potato in the other as she watched Yukari devour another round of tteokbokki thirty minutes later. 

~~~~

This was going smoothly were the thoughts both on Minah and Song Yi's minds. 

Currently, they were both seated in their seats as they waited for their turn to talk. The MCs had been funny as they talked to the other guests on the show with well placed humor and comments. More than once did Song Yi and Minah started laughing along. 

At first they were a bit nervous because of the various of cameras decorating the outside of the set that could zoom in any time. They were used to singing and dancing in front of the camera more than being filmed not really doing anything. 

"And another guest on our show," MC Hwijae started. " Two members from Dream Girls, Nova and Sky." 

At their cue, Minah and Song Yi got up from their seats and bowed with clapping all around them. 

"I heard this was your first time on a show like this. How do you feel?" MC Misun asked and both girls smiled. 

"We were nervous before, but I think we're fine now because everyone was so welcoming and funny." Minah said.

At this, everyone smiled widely, "They know how to butter us up." Someone commented drawing laughs. 

"I heard you're song Sweet Dream is really popular nowadays, let's hear it, shall we?" 

At this, both girls got up from their seats and walked down in front of the MCs. On cue, they started dancing to their song with people watching. When they were done, they bowed immediately at the applause they were met with before returning to their seats. 

"Wow, Sungyeol-ssi and Sunggyu-ssi were dancing in their seats the whole time." One of the MCs pointed out and every eye was on the two Infinite members who flushed slightly. 

"We're actually fans of Dream Girls." At this everyone's interested seemed to peaked and Song Yi and Minah were generally shocked.

"Sunggyu-hyung," Sungyeol started. "Is a big fan of Song Yi-ssi."

At this, Song Yi got up and bowed at Sunggyu who blushed at throwing him under the bus. 

"Sungyeol is a big fan of Minah-ssi's. He was hoping for her to come out today." At this Minah flushed pink in surprise as Sungyeol looked over at her once. 

"It that true, Sungyeol-ssi?" MC Hwijae asked, completely enjoying the moment with amusement. 

"Yeah, I think Minah is the prettiest in the group." Sungyeol stated and Minah hoped that her flushed face wouldn't be too red. 

"Wow such a bold statement." One of the other guests commented with amazement while some of the female guests giggled. 

"You two seem really surprised by this," MC Misun observed out loud. "Did you guys never talk about this before?"

"Actually, we never talked to Infinite-sunbaes before, they were always busy, but thank you for support." Song Yi said, directing the last part to the two members of Infinite. She hoped her answer was close ended enough to move the show along especially since Minah looked extremely flustered, something that Song Yi had never seen before. 

Minah shot Song Yi a grateful look as the MCs started asking questions about their debut and general questions about themselves. The whole time Minah tried not to look over at Sungyeol in fear of a blush taking over her cheeks again. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Another love interest of the girls have shown up and it's Sungyeol. The next love interest of the remaining of the girls probably won't show up for a bit, but we will get some MinahxSungyeol and SeulkixZelo scenes in between, so it should be okay. 

So, special chapter 20 will happen and have been some-what planned out. It's a little wacky, but it'll be fun to write, so hopefully you all will enjoy it. 

That's all for this chapter for now. 

( h a r l e q u i n. )