Dream Seven

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝07 Dream Seven 
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   December 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE- CRASH

Kairi let out a small irritated growl before she shifted onto her side and buried her face deeper into her pillow. Her outstretch arm quickly joined the rest of her body under the warmth of her bed sheets, ignoring the fact that she had just thrown the newest addition to the growing (and broken) alarm clock collection in the dorm. 

As she was about to venture back into her dreams, realization hit her making her eyes snap open. Scrambling off her bed, she quickly made it over to the somewhat still functioning alarm clock that let out a few pathetic wails before falling silent. When the block letters of 8:00 AM registered in her eyes, she let out a loud squeak of panic. 

"Unnie?" A voice called out and turned to see Song Yi's head peeking out from the bundle of blankets wrapped around her on the top bunk above Kairi's bed, "What's wrong?" 

"Song Yi! Get up! We're going to be late!" Kairi exclaimed before she threw open the door of their room and rushed out while muttering to herself, "Darn it! I completely forgot to set the time for earlier. Ugh, Seungho-oppa is going to nag again." 

Blinking after Kairi owlishly, Song Yi crawled over to the ladder and carefully climbed down. She looked over at the calendar attached on  the wall and her eyes widened at the bright red circle on the current date. 

"Today's recording day..." Song Yi mumbled to herself before whipping around and looking at the other bunk bed that was in the room where Seulki's body was on the top bunk. She made over to the bunk and climb up the ladder halfway before grabbing at Seulki's shoulder and shaking hard. 

"Seulki," Song Yi called out softly at the unmoving body before increasing the volume of her voice and the force behind her shakes. "Please get up. Seulki!" 

Meanwhile, Kairi threw open the door to the other room where two heads snapped up from their individual beds when the door knob crashed into the wall before it was followed by a small curse that definitely came from Hyun Jae who banged her head on the ceiling. Usually, Kairi would have said something about it, but there wasn't time for that today. 

"Get up! We need to hustle! Today's recording day and we only have less than an hour to get ready!" Kairi frantically said before running out of the room in the direction of the bathroom. 

"Today's recording day?" Minah mumbled as she rubbed at her eye for a second before she realized the meaning of her words and looked  up at a grumbling looking Hyun Jae with a bright smile, "Good morning! Today's recording day!" 

Blinded by the bright smile that Minah shot over at her from the bottom bunk of the other bunk bed, Hyun Jae shook her head before going over the ladder and climbing down. Before she fully reached to floor of the room, she poked a foot at the still sleeping Yukari.

"Yukari, get up." Hyun Jae's only response was an annoyed grunt and Yukari shifting away while pulling her sheets tight to her body. Hyun Jae let out a loud sigh before jumping off the ladder.

"Do something about her." she told Minah before leaving the room while running a hand through the knots in her hair. 

Minah pouted after her, "You would think she would be nicer to me because I'm her Unnie...Oh well. Yukari~, time to get up~." 

"Minah-unnie," Song Yi called, as she poked her head into the room. "Kairi-unnie said we're going to eat simply for breakfast, so she says pack some extra snacks for Yukari-unnie for today." 

"Food. Eat. Hungry." Yukari suddenly mumbled as she sat up on her bed and climbed out, her eyes not having any emotion. She let out another groan as she dragged herself out of the room past Song Yi and in the direction of the kitchen. 

Minah happily bounced after her with Song Yi in tow, "Snacks, no problem. We can't have an angry Yukari today of all important days." 

Song Yi responded with a small smile at this. 

Ever since the formation of the Dream Girls, Song Yi had learned a lot about her members. 

At first, the unsure and somewhat quiet Minah had blossomed into a chatter box that even Yukari couldn't keep up with. Her battery always seemed on full even on early mornings without any breakfast and Song Yi thought it was refreshing to see instead of the cloud of gloom everyone else seem have during those times. Even though Minah had opened up a lot to Song Yi and even some of the other members, there was a still underlying tension that seemed to be there when Minah and Hyun Jae were in the practice room together. 

Hyun Jae, as Song Yi had found out, had her own set of agendas. Truth be told, Song Yi hadn't really interacted with the older girl much especially with her habit of being incredibly blunt and holding nothing back if you annoyed her enough. She was rather focused and Song Yi was incredibly impressed by her work ethic, but sometimes that work ethic went to extreme overnight practices by herself as everyone else went to the dorm. The only members that seemed willing to stay with Hyun Jae during those times seemed to Yukari and Seulki. 

It was a surprise to anyone when Seulki had somehow befriended Hyun Jae, but at this point, Song Yi could see that unanimously everyone seemed to like the maknae of their group. She didn't really cause conflict and was a good person to have a conversation with though she was still rather young as Song Yi observed and when things got too hard, she would often run away from it by either physically leaving the room or just not addressing the problem. 

Completely opposite that was Yukari, who often seemed confused at the conflict she sometimes caused, but when she noticed it, would charge right at it. Song Yi thought she had known a lot about Yukari especially since they often trained together before the formation of Dream Girls though they didn't interact much, but to her surprise, Yukari wasn't always the happy go lucky girl that she portrayed to be especially when she was hungry. Unlike Minah whose battery was always on full, Yukari's battery was full when she had food. When in the state of hunger, Yukari was a raging beast that surprised Hyun Jae and Kairi when the girl moved the living room couch after someone spilled there was a stash of hidden junk food underneath. Apparently, she was much more athletic than the others girl's thought.  

Kairi after that incident, had made sure to have snacks for Yukari. It was kind of cute to Song Yi to see how much Kairi had started to fuss over the other members especially when it was announced she was indeed the leader of Dream Girls. Though she still put Yukari in chokeholds when she was annoyed with her, wasn't the most easy person to handle when not in a good mood and she got a bit too bossy, Song Yi could see Kairi trying to make logical decisions with the whole group in mind. 

Upon entering the kitchen, Song Yi took a seat next to the half awake Seulki with Minah on the other side of her. Across from her, Yukari shoveled her cereal into at a fast rate which Kairi ignored as she tried to spoon feed Seulki from across the table while Hyun Jae just slowly ate her cereal as she side eyed Yukari while she wrinkled her nose.

"Good morning!" Minah chimed at everyone as she reached for her own bowl. 

"Good morning." Seulki and Kairi called out in unison. Though both sounded distracted, Minah accepted it as she started to eat her cereal. 

"Ah!" Hyun Jae suddenly exclaimed, "Can you for once not eat like a pig?" 

Yukari pouted at this, stopping momentarily with her spoon still in , "Pig? But, Hyunnie~! I don't say oink." 

"Don't call me that and you just said oink." 

"...OH MY GOD, MY LIFE! WAS IT A LIE!?"

"Please! No banter! We don't have time for this!" Kairi glared at Yukari and Hyun Jae, before a sudden gasp from Seulki snapped everyone's eyes to her. 

"Today's recording day!...Oh. We're eating already..." Seulki flushed as she slumped into herself. Yukari let out a loud laugh at this which was followed by Minah. 

"Cute!" 

~~~

"...Before we go into the booth, does anyone have any questions." Mr. Park asked and almost immediately Yukari's hand went up in the air. 

Seungho, who was off to side, Kairi and Hyun Jae let out sighs as Yukari waved her hand to and fro. Mr. Park not noticing the sighs, pointed at Yukari as a sign to ask her question. 

"Oh! I got two questions actually. Number one, when is lunch time?" 

"Unnie...We ate breakfast not that long ago." Song Yi pointed out and Yukari turned her head towards the other girl. 

"Yeah~, but when we get recording and stuff, we'll get hungry because we're using a lot of energy and-" Before Yukari could rant about the importance of food as all the members have come to be familiar with, Minah decided to cut in. 

"Don't worry, I got snacks today! See, all the flavors you can ever want!" Minah explained as she pulled open her bag, which was filled to the brim with choco pies and other snacks that made Yukari clasp her hands together and let out a squeal of happiness. 

"What's your other question, Yukari?" Mr. Park asked, not wanting to stray too far before the girl got distracted. 

"Oh! Actually, I was wondering if you, Seulki and Hyun Jae looked at their rapping parts together. Seulki," At the mention of her name, Seulki immediately hid her face to her hands and Kairi put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "made changes to the rapping part and it sounded really good, so maybe you guys can change it a bit...or you know, unless you don't want to...then...poop." 

Mr. Park's face showed interest before looking over at the hiding Seulki and smiled slightly, "Sure. I always liked an artist involved in the music process. How about you all go over your parts as I talk with Seulki and Hyun Jae." 

At this, the girls made a noise of agreement which included Kairi's firm 'yes', Song Yi's soft 'yes', Minah's extremely enthusiastic 'okay!', Yukari's 'Yay!...Psst, Minah-unnie pass me a snack', Hyun Jae's casual 'sure' and a dying squeak from Seulki, the girls broke off into their own corners while Mr. Park took Seulki and Hyun Jae out of the room. 

As soon as the door closed behind them, Seungho frowned a bit as he observed the rest of the girls in the room. Even though the girl's seemed to be working together a lot better than they did a while ago, Seungho noticed a huge gap in their teamwork. It's currently clear to him as Minah looked a bit confused as she stared at her paper, Yukari off in her own little world as she shoved a chocopie into , Song Yi singing softly under her breath, but looking completely unsure and Kairi, so focused on her the lyrics in front of her, didn't notice the rest of her teammates. 

'They're functioning a bit as a team...but they haven't fully become close as of yet.' He thought to himself before a idea popped up into his mind, 'Oh, this will definitely get them to work together...mwahahaha.' 

"Seungho-oppa...why are you laughing like that?" Kairi asked, blinking owlishly at him along with the rest of the girls. 

"Uh...It's manager stuff, you don't want to know..."

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Hello everyone. Sorry for the no chapter update lately. I had to deal with a personal problem, so I was completely out of it and utterly not organized. It wasn't something extremely serious, but it did eat up my time a lot. So sorry about that. 

As promised, here is the complete mini album for the girl's first single. Just click here. It mostly contains the girl's parts and their stage outfits for the title track. This time around, the girl's will all keep their hair colors and length as their ulzzangs, but in the future there will crazy hair colors. 

Other news, I decided to make Song Yi the visual of the group...even though I mentioned there might be a vote, but I just decided it because I figured it would work with her character the best to be the visual. Of course, all the girls are pretty and stuff, so please don't feel offended in anyway.

That's all it for now. Read and comment, if you want! I'll be happy to hear your thoughts. 

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )