Chapter Seventeen

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]


]❝17 Dream Seventeen 
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   April 2013

The last stage for 'Sweet Dream' promotions were today, but that was the least important thing from Minah's mind at the moment. 

The members could tell as they were each getting into their stage outfits and the girl zoned out on them, resulting in her putting on Song Yi's stage outfit by accident. Minah had profusely apologized for no real reason to everyone even the sleeping Yukari. 

Kairi was to say, a bit suspicious, but then her every growing worry with the Seulki and Zelo took over, being highlighted by the fact that Seulki started texting. 

Song Yi and Hyun Jae on the other hand, watched on as Minah trailed her eyes to the door for the hundredth time today as it opened. Song Yi had thought the older girl was a bit weird ever since their appearance on Quiz to the Change the World, but had chalked it up to stress.  

Hyun Jae snorted as Minah bumped into the coffee table edge before she got up and walked over to join Yukari on the couch for nap. Song Yi turned back when Yukari let out a loud yelp as Hyun Jae pushed her off the couch and made herself comfort, but decided not to do anything and turned her attention back to Minah when Yukari pouted before going back to sleep on the floor. 

"Umm, Minah-unnie? Is something wrong?" Song Yi called out as Minah walked near where she was sitting.

Minah turned to face Song Yi with a big smile, "I'm fine. Of course, I'm fine. There's totally nothing wrong with me. I might have not slept that well last night, but I'm tip top shape. SEE!" 

At the last word, Minah threw her arms into the air which she regretted immediately when she accidentally hit a Cordi nearby in the face. As Minah went into to excess apology mode, there was a knock on the door before it opened. 

Minah let out a small squeak that only Song Yi seemed to have heard as Kairi quickly walked over and manhandled Hyun Jae and Yukari to their feet. 

"Sorry to interrupt. We never got the time to introduce ourselves, so thought this was the right time." Sunggyu stated as the rest of the Infinite boys walked in. 

The girls got into a line before the two groups introduced themselves to each other. Kairi and Song Yi shared a confused look when Minah's greeting turned out to be a little later than everyone's else, the mistake noticeable. The boys laughed it off though as they greeted themselves to the girls. 

"It's nice to meet you, sunbaenims. Though, this would be hello again for Minah and Song Yi." Kairi said with a smile. 

"Oh yeah. That's right. You guys were on Quiz to Change the World together. Sungyeol said he was interested in Minah then." Dongwoo pointed out as Yukari let out a teasing 'ooh~' followed by a elbow nudge to the older girl's side. Minah, usually, would have responded with a smile and laugh, but this time, she let out an incoherent noise followed by a red blush that made a let bulb go off in Kairi, Song Yi and Hyun Jae's heads simultaneously. 

Sungyeol in turned, flushed a light pink before hitting Dongwoo on the back with a little too much force. "You weren't suppose to say that again." 

"Ooh~, look at him. He's blushing~." Yukari stated before she giggled loudly with Seulki. 

"Anyway, we just wanted to greet you! We really think your song is great." Woohyun commented and Kairi bowed immediately. 

"Thank you so much, sunbaenim. Good luck on your promotions as well." 

With that, the boys rushed out as they went onto their other schedules. With new energy, Yukari and Seulki started to chat as Minah went nearly tripped as she made her way to the makeup chair. 

"...First, Seulki. Now, Minah....I think we need to call a group meeting." Kairi commented as she sat on the couch with Song Yi. 

"About what?" the younger girl asked before she was met with serious eyes. 

"Love." 

"If you're going to call a meeting, do it after we come back from Beijing. I don't want your nagging to the be the last thing I remember about the dorm." Hyun Jae commented offhandedly as she went to find a place to sit, completely ignoring the glare sent her way from Kairi. 

~~~~

A few hours later in the dorm, Seulki blinked twice as she watched Yukari, who rummaged through Seulki's shared closest with Song Yi and Kairi. Seulki was currently seated on the floor with Chimmy seated in her lap. They both watched curiously as Yukari started go through her clothes, throwing them on the floor as she mumbled to herself. 

"Unnie? What are you doing?" Seulki asked, curiosity too strong for her not to say anything. Yukari paused what she was doing as she turned to meet Seulki's eyes. 

She grinned, "Airport fashion, Seulki! It's a big deal, you know and I'm helping you cause I love you enough." 

"Oh." Seulki said, a little confused still, but after spending time with Yukari, she had learned it was better to let the older girl to take over whenever she had an idea because most of the time, it ended up being beneficial for her. 

Tomorrow, the girls were going to Beijing to be the opening act for their FNC family sunbae's, F.T.Island. The girls were all equally excited about it because this would be the first they would travel outside of Korea to perform. Most of the girls packed their stuff early such as Kairi, who seemed to over pack as Seulki remembered her putting in a whole box of bandages, different ointments and various amounts vitamins into her bag the night before. 

Seulki and Hyun Jae were the only ones who didn't packed yet making Hyun Jae kick Yukari out of their shared room so she could pack in peace. After which, Yukari came busting with Chimmy in her arms into Seulki's room with a bored look on her face. Now, she was doing whatever she was doing.

"Hey, Seulki. How about this dress and shoes?" Yukari asked as she pulled out a denim dress with a simple black shoes and Seulki shook her head. 

"I rather wear pants...also that dress...It's Kairi-unnie's." As soon as Seulki said this, Yukari quickly shoved the dress back into it's place and   backed away. 

"You know what, how about we decide on the sunglasses first." Yukari suggested as she shuffled her way to the vanity nearby. She picked a pair of sunglasses before placing them on Seulki. With a wide grin, Yukari let out a hum of approval. 

"Perfect~. This will do." 

"Unnie, why do I have to wear this?" 

"Because Seulki," Yukari started explain. "Idols need to keep up their images even in casual situations like these. It's pretty tiring, but that's what we signed up for, I guess. It's something we can't really do anything about." 

"Oh, but Unnie. Do I have to wear sunglasses? I don't like that I can't see." At this, Yukari let out a laugh. 

"Don't worry, tomorrow there's going to be the flashes of cameras so they'll help. Also, you don't want to show them your puffy eyes in the mornings, do you?" When Seulki nodded her head, Yukari clapped her hands together, "Good! Now let's decide what you should wear. Can't having you outshine me in all black, so we're going to stick with color!" 

~~~~

"Does everyone have everything?" Seungho and Kairi asked the same time, the next morning outside of the airport. The two shared a look as Yukari and Minah let out a laugh as Song Yi and Seulki suppressed their giggles when Kairi glared at the two older girls. 

"...The mother title has been threatened." Sumi commented as she pulled the trunk of the car closed. Hyun Jae who was standing near her, rolled her eyes. 

"Not surprised. Those two nag like there is no tomorrow." Kairi and Seungho didn't to hear Hyun Jae's words as they both proceeded to help Seulki with her luggage. 

Yukari, Song Yi and Minah were hanging around behing them, excitedly chatting about eating different foods in Beijing. Yukari obviously more excited than the other two, but their enthusiasm were genuine. 

"This is going to be a long trip..." Hyun Jae stated with a sigh when Kairi and Seungho started a small tug of war between the two of them. Seulki stood in the middle, her hands in the air as she stuttered that she would be all right, but fell on deaf ears. 

"You're telling me," Sumi sighed out before she cupped her arms to . "Hey, you two! Stop fooling around and let Seulki carry her own things. We have a flight to catch, so chop chop." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Here is the airport fashions each girl wore. Just click on the names: Seulki, Yukari, Hyun Jae, Kairi, Song Yi. 

And the first overseas activities of the girls with some Sungyeol and Minah thrown in the beginning. Who is ready for the talk about love that Kairi has planned. It'll be definitely interesting to say the least. 

With this, there will be two more regular chapters then that special 20 chapter. More than likely, the next two chapters will be about Beijing and the girls facing the city. I've personally never been to Beijing, but I'm going to try as many places as I can. Must research away!

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )