Dream Six

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝06 Dream Six 
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   November 2012

Minah took long, deep breaths with her eyes closed, but immediately snapped them open a few seconds later. 

"Seungho-Oppa," she called for the man who was currently driving the car she was in. He just let out a grunt telling her that he was listening, "I don't think I can do this." 

The much older man rolled his eyes at this and spoke only after he made a right turn. "Minah, we went through this...You should feel lucky that you've been chosen to be apart of Dream Girls especially since you didn't audition like the others."

"That's exactly it!" Minah yelled out and didn't even notice Seungho flinch at the sudden risen volume of her voice, "I didn't audition and the others trained for much longer than I have! I don't deserve to be in the group." 

Seungho let out a loud sigh and pulled the car over before looking over at Minah who was slumped in her seat. In her lap, Chimmy, her cream labradoodle dog, whined as he pressed his nose against Minah's arm as if trying to comfort her. 

"Look, Minah. I know how you feel, but this is the decision Mr. Hong made and from experience, he doesn't make decision on just a whim. There is a reason why he's been working there even before when I was a trainee...Even though I won't guarantee that the others will like you immediately, they'll have to it up." 

Minah looked up and let out a small giggle at the stern expression on Seungho's face. "Oppa, what kind of face is that?" 

"It's my Dream Girls' Manager Mr. Go Seungho face." Seungho replied, face muscles not moving from it's apparent seriousness, but immediately dropped into a sulking expression when Minah let out a loud laugh. 

"Just get out of the car, I have to make sure you're all settled in and need to tell you of your schedules from now on." Seungho grumbled out as he grabbed Chimmy and got out of the car. Minah followed after and heistantly looked up at the apartment building in front of her. 

The apartment was rather regular looking and completely something that you would find in Seoul; extremely tall, modern looking and too many windows that it almost made Minah cross eyed from trying to count them all. 

"You know," Seungho's voice filtered in. "I'm a manager, not a pack mule." 

"Oops, sorry about that!" Minah said as she grabbed one of her bags that were placed on the sidewalk and ran after Seungho who despite his previous comment was carrying her bags and Chimmy. Minah only managed to catch up to him when he stopped in front of the elevator door. 

"Now before you freak out, take deep breaths." Seungho advised Minah who readily did as she was told. It didn't seem to help though because when the elevator door opened and they stepped in, Minah's heart started to thump quickly. 

As soon as Seungho pressed the button '14' and the door closed, Minah threw her hands in the air, "Oppa! I can't do this! I think I'm going to throw up. Oh my god, the elevator is moving up! WHY ARE WE GOING SO HIGH!?" 

Seungho expertly dodged Minah's flying limbs, but let out a muffled 'ouch' when he couldn't dodge the walls of the elevator.

"She's almost as bad as Yukari." he mumbled to himself and let the other girl rant as the number increased. When they reached the 14th floor, Seungho stepped out of the elevator and grabbed Minah's wrist. 

"Come on. Let's go, we're already late and the sooner you meet them, the better you will feel." 

"NO, THEY WON'T. THEY'LL HATE ME!" Even Chimmy looked exasperated at Minah's yell as Seungho walked to the end of the hall. He merely pushed the door open and paused at the doorway at the sight before him. 

Minah who was mid-way through her rant, also paused and stared with wide eyes at the scene before them. 

"WHO SAID YOU CAN TOUCH MY THINGS!?" A ticked off Kairi yelled as she held Yukari in a choke hold. In the background, Hyun Jae, Song Yi and Seulki all sat on the couch. The latter two watched on with worry while Hyun Jae let out a casual yawn. 

"But, they looked delicious, Unnie!" Yukari whined with a pout. 

"Don't you, Unnie me. Buttering me up won't help you now!" 

"Oh my god, I'm going die by her hands! I just know it!" Minah stated out loud, making everyone in the room look over at her.

Seeing Seungho standing there, Kairi immediately let go of Yukari, who fell onto the floor with an 'oof'. She looked confused as she stared at the overly nervous looking Minah. The same look was mirrored in Song Yi and Seulki as they got up from the couch and moved to join Kairi by her side. 

Hyun Jae held a look of suspicion as she eyed Minah, Seungho and then the various bags they were carrying. Yukari got up from the floor, her eyes widening as she scrambled to Seungho. 

"A puppy~!" She exclaimed before snatching Chimmy out of Seungho hands and spun in circles with puppy in her hands. Minah looked somewhat worried, but didn't interfere when Chimmy let out a happy bark. 

Seungho sighed at this before looking at the other girls in the room. 

"Girls, this is Minah. She's going to be the last member of Dream Girls." 

"What!" Hyun Jae spoke up as she got to her feet. She clearly didn't look too please. 

"I thought Dream Girls was suppose to be a five member group." Song Yi spoke up, surprise coloring her features. 

"It was a last minute decision. Mr. Hong thought the group would be better off with six members and decided Minah would be perfect for the role." Seungho explained. 

"Oh yeah," Kairi spoke up. "You're that girl who recently came into the company, right? I think we had a few dance practices together." 

"Yeah, we did. I also took some with her." Minah stated as she gestured at Seulki, who looked surprised. Minah felt a little better now that she was talking to the girls, but tried not to look at Hyun Jae, whose almost glaring at her now. 

"Anyway, why don't you guys get settled in, do some bonding and then get some sleep. Tomorrow is officially the day you guys train as Dream Girls and from what I've glimpsed at, you girls have your work cut out for you." Seungho said. 

After telling the girls that he would pick them up first thing in the morning and setting some simple ground rules, Seungho left the dorm a few minutes later with the girls calling out their byes behind him. When the door of the dorm closed, an awkward silence engulfed the room. 

"Uh," Kairi started, "I guess I'll start on lunch then. Yukari, help Minah settle into your and Hyun Jae's room." 

"Aww! I thought I was going to room with Seulki and Hyun Jae." Yukari said as she went over to Seulki and clung to her arm with Chimmy cradled to her. 

"No way. I won't let you taint her innocent mind." Kairi stated and Yukari pouted at this. 

"It's okay, Unnie." Seulki started, "I'll...make some cookies to make it up to you." 

"Really?! Yay, Seulki is the best~!" Seulki smiled sheepishly at this as Hyun Jae rolled her eyes. 

"I can't believe I have to deal with that everyday." she mumbled to herself. 

"I'll help you, Unnie." Song Yi said before she and Kairi disappeared towards the kitchen. Seulki joined Hyun Jae, who sat back on the couch as Yukari bounded up to Minah after placing Chimmy into Seulki's lap. 

"Hi! My name's Yukari, by the way! Even though everyone seems a little shy, they all are pretty nice." Yukari stated wide smile which Minah returned. 

"I'm not shy nor do I approve of rooming with either of you." Hyun Jae added, but was ignored when Yukari started to talk more. 

"Come on! Our room is this way! Oh, it's going to be so great! The six of us, Dream Girls! I can't wait to debut. Imagine," At this Yukari stuck to Minah's side as she swept her arm at the air in front of them. "Us on a huge stage, singing, dancing, rapping. It'll be a bunch of fun." 

"Don't forget the lights and the cheering of the crowd," Minah added, her nervousness from before slowing decreasing after not being the same room as Hyun Jae and Yukari's energy. 

"Yeah! Yeah!" Yukari chimed before they started talking more and more while giggling. 

Needless to say, when lunch was ready, Kairi wasn't very happy with the lack of unpacking that happened. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

With Minah finally revealed, Dream Girls is now complete. 

Congrats to LittleMissAi for sending her in. If you guys didn't know, she has the Main Dancer, Vocals position of the group. I thought she would be a fun character to write especially since most of the other members tend to be on the quieter side and She isn't as energetic as she would be, but in future chapters, get ready. 

If you don't know Seungho, in the story is an oc and will act as the girl's manager. He will mostly be handling Dream Girls' and DayDream's activities. There will be another manager for R.E.M who will be revealed later on. 

An members page will be up pretty soon, maybe before the next chapter is written and uploaded. The mini-album is almost done as well...though I'm having trouble picking the last song, but I'll probably work it out as soon I can. 

That's it for now and congrats to everyone who applied and were accepted. I'm really sorry to the ones that didn't make it. I changed the order for the members around a lot, but this was one the made it in end. It was hard to choose in the end and don't worry about my feelings getting hurt about unsubscribing, cause I utterly understand. 

Until next chapter then. 

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )