Dream Three

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝03 Dream Three
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   August 2012

It was rather weird to Song Yi when in the middle of rap practice, one of the managers came into the room. 

She had been waiting for her turn to rap and was relaxing on the floor, away from a crowd of girls who were gossiping. She had one earbud in her ear with 'The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance blasting when she heard her name being called. Pausing her music, she got up from the floor and walked up to join up with another girl, Seulki, if she remembered correctly, by the door. 

"Come with me." The manager motioned for the two of them to follow him. Song Yi briefly shared a questioning look with Seulki before they walked out of the room. 

They were escorted into the room where vocal lessons were usually held and as soon as the door open, a squeal greeted her. 

"Seulki!" Before Song Yi or Seulki knew what was going on, another girl came running up to them. 

"Yukari-unnie." Song Yi heard Seulki say out of shock before Yukari pulled her into a tight hug. 

Seeing the two girls were having a moment, Song Yi walked over to one of the walls and sat down. Looking around, she noticed a few number of other girls loitering around. In total, there were about ten girls in the room, including herself, Yukari and Seulki, who all looked equally  confused as she was. 

It was only when she did a double take as she looked at everyone in the room and settled on a familiar girl's face did she realize why they were all in there. 

As if her epiphany became a person, one of the managers came in along with their vocal coach. Everyone in the room quieted down except for Yukari who started giggling excitedly until their vocal coach pinned her with a small glare. 

"First off, I wanted to say congratulations," Their vocal coach started with a wide smile. "You all have passed the preliminaries and are potential members for FNC's new group." 

At this, Song Yi's eyes widened considerably. Not really believing it even though she came to the conclusion of it before it was said out loud. She has been training for such a long time, to the point that he was one of the longest trainees in the company and had tried to work her way to the top. When FNC first announced that they were going to have their first girl group, which turned out to be a group called AOA, she wondered if she would be chosen for the line up. Unfortunately, she wasn't and she wouldn't have lied to say that her confidence in the company was shaken by that.

Now hearing words that took a step into the dream she had been working on for so long, had sincerely surprised her that she just sat there shell shocked even with the excited chattering around her.  

She only zoomed back into reality when their vocal coach cleared his throat, "Despite this, only five or six of you will actually make it into the group, so starting tomorrow you will all be training together." 

At this, Song Yi could feel the initial excitement in the air sober up and she took a deep breath, to quell the sudden nervous feeling starting at the pit of stomach. 

"I do have a list of your names here with potential positions you might have in your group. Look over it and get to know each other. Other than that, you may all take the day off, but you need to be back here first thing tomorrow morning. Okay?" 

"OKAY!" Yukari chimed in for everyone, rather loudly making Song Yi flinch. With a small nod and taping two pieces of paper on the wall, their vocal coach and manager left. Their was a moment of silence before everyone scrambled to their feet and ran over to the papers. 

Song Yi was one of the last girls along with Seulki as everyone started to huddle to get a glimpse at the paper. There were excited mutters  and squeals as the paper was passed around before it finally ended up in Song Yi's hands. 

She quickly scanned over the names until she found her name and immediately froze at the words printed.

Han Song Yi. Vocalist Position (Main/Lead). Leader consideration. 

"No way." She said out loud. 

In the background, Seulki and Yukari shared a look as they watched Song Yi's frozen stance mixed in with the moving crowd around her. 

"Do you think she's alright?" Seulki asked Yukari who stared at Song Yi with a thoughtful expression on her face. 

"Maybe...she needs to use the bathroom." 

"Huh?" 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

I think this the shortest chapter yet. o_o...Though I rather like it. 

Congrats to -sunset for sending in Song Yi. Song Yi's position is Lead Vocalist, Rapper! I thought it would be interesting to see her reaction that she was once considered for being Leader of Dream Girls. I hope I did okay with Song Yi, I think she might be the hardest out of the girls to write, but I think once I get a handle on her, she will quickly grow on me. 

Only three more girls left to reveal, excited? I hope to reveal them soon so we can get more into the story ^^. 

By the way, does anyone know a good place to request a poster? Since I'm no good at photoshop, so I guess I need to request one from somewhere. If you do, please tell me in the comments. 

See you all in the next chapter! 

 

 

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )