Dream Eleven

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝11 Dream Eleven  
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   Feburary 2013

It was weird to Kairi that the car was empty. 

Regardless of the fact that Song Yi was in the car with her and Seungho at the driver's seat, it was still weird without the others, a fact that she was surprised at. 

Sure, Yukari and Minah have a tendency to be extremely loud and drag everyone around into random conversations before Hyun Jae snaps at them to be quiet so she can sleep, but it was the established norm that Kairi has grown accustom to. 

Now that she was in the car with less people, it felt kind of...empty and a bit lonely. 

"Remember, you guys can't just go off wandering around too much especially now that your faces are in the public. Fanboys and a fangirls are dangerous people, my children. They can be all friendly one minute and then they will come at you with sticky hands trying to touch you" Seungho preached for the eighteen time within the hour, not even noticing that Song Yi was too busy looking out the window to really pay attention while Kairi was lost in her thoughts. 

The public's reaction to the revealing of Kairi's, Seulki's and recently, Minah's face was extremely positive. Something Kairi was grateful for especially when she had stumbled on the official Dream Girls' fan page.  

It was a running bet among her and Yukari to see who would get the most fanboys. Yukari had bet on Seulki ("cause, guys can't resist the innocent!") while Kairi's bet was on Song Yi ("she's our visual for a reason"). Minah had joined in on the fun later on and betted on Hyun Jae ("cause she's kind of an ice princess. Boys like that right?...and she's the only one left to choose...so...").

So far, Kairi can proudly say, she had bet on the right person.  Though Minah had said they shouldn't start the bet as of yet because Hyun Jae's wasn't revealed to the public.

With all this exposure now though, Seungho had been on high alert. He often mothered the girls about being safe and even once lectured  Minah when she went out for a few minutes to go get toilet paper for the dorm.

"Unnie?" Song Yi's voice called out to her, drawing the older girl's attention to her, "Are you sure, it's okay for me to come along with you to visit your family? I don't want to intrude on your family time." 

Kairi smiled at Song Yi's unsure look which was indicated by the small frown on her lips, something she learned that the younger girl did often, "No, it's fine. It's fun to have a friend come over. If it was anyone who would come see my family, I rather it be you than Yukari. Plus  Umma said she really wanted to meet you." 

Song Yi flushed a baby pink at this, "Meet me? Really?" 

"Yeah, Umma gushed that you're so pretty and wants to see you in real life and all that." Kairi stated before she giggled when the pink on Song Yi's cheeks turned darker. 

"Also, don't forget. I'm coming to pick you guys up at noon. So sleep early. Don't go overboard with food either because you're still on your diets." Seungho finished his long unheard speech before he stopped the car and turned in his seat. 

Kairi peered a look out the window and grinned at the familiar surroundings around her. 

"Home." 

~~~~

"Woah!" Minah started with wide eyes, hung open. "This is your family? I swear I'm seeing sparkles all around them." 

Seulki felt a wave of embarrassment hit her as her family members let out laughs at Minah's expression. 

Today with the promise of a free day, Seulki decided to pay her parents a visit. She had missed her parents a lot especially on some of the more harder practice days. 

Minah who had nothing planned for the day, asked if she could come along. Seulki was rather surprised at the request. She had thought out of everyone in the group, Yukari would be the one wanting to come with her. However, Yukari wasn't anywhere around the dorm, a fact nobody really questioned especially since she often went to visit some friends on her free days. 

"I think I'll take that as a compliment." Seulki's older brother said in clear amusement as Seulki's two older sister's let out laughs once more when Minah started to rant that she did mean it as a compliment rather than anything else. 

"Anyways," Minah started after she had calm down a bit from her rant, "It's very nice to meet you, Seulki's family. I'm Minah, Seulki's group mate." 

Seulki's parents let out a noise of approval when Minah bowed deeply. 

"What a nice young lady. It's nice to meet you as well, Minah. I hope our little Du-" Seulki let out a loud squeak in the middle of her father's sentence. Minah looked utterly confused as Seulki started gesturing wildly with a dark blush on her cheeks and wide panicked eyes. 

Seulki's eldest sister cooed at this, "Cute! She doesn't want Minah to know our little family nickname for her." 

"Umma," Seulki started to draw attention away from the whole situation as quickly as she could. "I'm really hungry. Can we start eating?" 

"Oh! Why didn't you say so before? Let's go eat before the food gets cold." Seulki's mother said before ushering everyone to the living where a grand feast of plates awaited them. 

When Seulki wasn't looking, Seulki's other older sister leaned over and whispered into Minah's ear. 

"Ducky. It's her nickname. Isn't it cute?" Before Minah could comment, the girl moved away just in time to put some distance between them when Seulki turned around as she gestured Minah to sit next her. 

~~~

Hyun Jae stared at her phone with a raised brow before looking over at Minah's puppy, Chimmy who looked up at with her big innocent eyes. 

"Don't look at me like that." Hyun Jae snapped at the puppy, who tilted his head, "I'll be back in a few hours. I left you enough food and I put everything important away. This isn't your first time being left alone so you'll be fine." 

Chimmy didn't react in anyway and Hyun Jae almost slapped her hand to her forehead, "I must have been hanging out with idiots for too long. I'm freaking prep talking a puppy." 

With that Hyun Jae's phone went off with the screen flashing 'Text Message from NamBrat'. Hyun Jae was not surprised when she opened the message and just saw complains of Hyun Jae being slow. 

After quick typing 'stfu, I'll be there in like 10 mins', she looked around the living room of the dorm once more before she went to put on her shoes. Chimmy sat in front of of doorway as Hyun Jae opened the door and looked at him one more time. 

"Don't go into my room." she swore Chimmy gave her a small shrug before he trotted back into the dorm as she closed the door behind her and locked it. 

After taking the elevator to ground level, she was physically out of the building when Yukari came bounding up to her. Hyun Jae didn't bother to hide the annoyed groan that left her lips as the older girl waltzed up to her. 

"Hey, Hyun Jae! Where you going? Are you meeting friends? Can I come with?" 

"No." Hyun Jae replied before she her heels and started walking towards the direction of the nearest cafe. 

"Aww, don't be mean~. Come on, can I come with? Please?" 

"No. Go back to the dorm." 

"Come on. Pwease~." Yukari pouted, her lower lip jutting out a lot while Hyun Jae paid no heed and continued her trek.

"No." 

"Pwease~?" 

"No and don't you dare 'pwease' me again. You're an embarrassment to your whole age group." Yukari merely grinned at this. 

"Then will you let me come with you?" Hyun Jae pulled a mocking thinking face before giving the older girl a blank look. 

"No and if you follow me, I'll punch you in the face."

"Gah! Not the face~. I need that for our debut." 

"Then don't come." Yukari opened to say something, but was stopped when Hyun Jae's phone going off with texts. Yukari watched Hyun Jae curse to herself before she started walking faster and turned the corner without her. 

"To follow or not to follow, that is the question." 

~~~

"You're just as pretty as the teaser pictures!" Kairi's mother gushed for the fifth time for that hour as Song Yi sputtered slightly once more as she bowed her head. Kairi sighed at her mother at this while Kairi's father let out a small cough. 

"Dear, you're going to make Song Yi choke as she's eating." Kairi's father pointed out before he pushed some rice into his mouth and chewed. 

"Ah, you're right. I'm sorry, Song Yi. I didn't mean to. Yes, let's just eat. You both look like you need more food in you." Kairi's mother quickly said before shoving some side dishes onto Kairi's and Song Yi's plate. 

"Sorry about that. Umma was way more excited than I thought she was." Kairi whispered to Song Yi, whose flush was starting to die down a bit. 

"It's fine, Unnie." Song Yi responded back before the door of the Kairi's family's apartment opened and closed. An unfamiliar male come through the door and paused when his eyes landed on Song Yi and Kairi. 

"Oppa!" Kairi greeted with a smile as she got up from her seat and went over to him. 

"Ri-ah. You're back? How have you been?" Kairi's older brother asked before he engulfed Kairi into a hug. The two chatted for a few minutes before Kairi gestured Song Yi to come over. 

"This is one my group mates." Kairi explained, "Song Yi. This is my older brother. Oppa, this is Song Yi." 

Song Yi bowed deeply, "It's very nice to meet you." 

"Ah," Kairi's older brother squeaked out before he bowed as well. "It's nice to meet you too, Song Yi." 

"Oh my god." Kairi's mother stated suddenly, "You're blushing. How cute~." 

"What? Umma, be quiet." Kairi's older brother stated before he went over the table and took a seat. Kairi blinked at the flustered form of her brother and almost smirked. 

"+1 for team Song Yi. Take that Yukari and Minah!" 

~~~

After eating the feast that Seulki's mother had made, the family thought it was a good idea to get some ice cream. With Seulki's parents at home, Seulki, her siblings and Minah ventured outside. Seulki and Minah wore hats to help to help hide their faces a tiny bit, but surprisingly as the group started for the local ice cream shop, it was Seulki's siblings that were stopped in the middle of the street by some people. 

"They're ulzzangs," Seulki explained to the Minah who let out an 'oh' in understanding. 

"I see why. They almost sparkle." Minah said and Seulki frowned slightly at that. 

"Yeah..." Seulki murmured in a tight voice before she looked down and Minah furrowed her brows. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" 

"It's nothing, let's just for ice cream." Seulki said before she started walking and Minah looked over at Seulki's siblings before looking at Seulki's back. 

"Hey, Seulki. Wait up." Minah yelled when she noticed the girl was about to turn the corner. She raced after to catch up. When she did, Minah matched the other girl's pace as they fell into a uncomfortable silence. 

"Do you not get along with siblings, Seulki?" Minah asked and Seulki immediately shook her head, "Then?" 

When Seulki refused to answer, Minah let out a small sigh. "You know, I have a younger sister too. Though, she's more on the wild side than you are." 

Seulki looked at Minah with interest, "Really?" 

Minah smiled at this, "Yeah. Her name is Ava. Even though we're half siblings, we're definitely closer than some full siblings out there. Ava doesn't talk about things that bothers her and it really makes me worry. There was a time when she kept getting expelled from school when we lived in France. Me and my mom didn't know why for a while and we were really worried. It kept bothering me and at one point, I thought it was something that I did. Then, she finally told me why and we worked it out together. She hasn't been getting into trouble as much as when we moved to  Korea and she's happier too...So whatever is bothering you, Seulki, please tell someone. It might look like it, but your brother and sisters are really worried about you." 

Seulki looked at the encouraging smile Minah was giving her before she slumped her shoulders, "I just...My siblings are all ulzzangs and...I'm not." 

"Oh? So? That makes you different." Minah said. 

"Yeah, it does...but I sometimes don't want to be different. I want to be like them...pretty and good looking." Seulki mumbled the last part and Minah almost squealed at the way Seulki was shyly toeing at the ground in front of her. 

"Seulki, you are pretty and adorable, something your siblings aren't." 

"Seulki!" At the voice, Seulki turned as her older brother and older sisters came to view. They looked a bit panicked as they came running up. 

"You shouldn't just leave like that without telling us, I thought we seriously lost you," her eldest sister stated with a sigh of relief as Seulki's other sister draped an arm around her shoulders. 

"Don't do that to us, Ducky. Seriously." At the the nickname, Seulki looked over at Minah, who was currently preoccupied with looking at some of the shops around them. 

"I...Sorry." Seulki squeaked out before her older brother reached over and pinched her cheeks. 

"It's okay. Now, let's get some ice cream." 

"Yeah!" Minah cheered before sending a cheerful grin at Seulki, who gave her a soft one. 

~~~

"Oh, so you're both YG trainees. Wow! I tried out for YG before, but I obviously didn't get in. Though one of the judges really liked my guitar playing." Yukari chirped after she took a deep drink of her bubble tea and gave the two boys in front of her a wide blinding grin. 

Hyun Jae felt an incoming headache coming when her younger brother, Jung Han, returned the grin with a big one of his own. Nam Taehyun aka NamBrat, gave Yukari a raised brow. 

"You don't seem like the type to play guitar. You seem..." 

"Like too much of an idiot." Hyun Jae provided before giving a glare at Yukari, "Your face is going to meet the wrath of my fist tonight." 

Everyone at the table let out a loud laugh at this. Taehyun was the who recovered first, "Yeah. Like that's going to hurt. You're as weak as this straw here." 

"I'm not and don't you dare talk about being weak. You're the one who couldn't open that door last time." Hyun Jae hissed at Taehyun, who frowned.

"That was only one time!" 

"It happened yesterday too." Jung Han pointed out with an amused grin. 

"Shut up." Taehyun mumbled, sulking as he drank his bubble tea. At this, Yukari let out a laugh as she clapped her hands together. 

"How cute, he's sulking." 

"I am not!" 

"Yukari-noona," Jung Han called out drawing the other girl's attention, "you should play the guitar for us next time. I really want to hear it." 

"There won't be a next time." Hyun Jae said, not liking the way her younger brother seemed interested in Yukari. Yukari tilted her head at Hyun Jae's statement.

"I thought Taehyun and Jung Han were coming to our debut showcase. I'm going to be playing some guitar for Kairi-unnie's solo piece."  

"Debut showcase?" Taehyun and Jung Han echoed before looking at Hyun Jae for answers. 

"It's exactly what it sounds like, idiots...and I was planning on inviting them, but then you showed up and I don't know about it anymore." 

"No way," Jung Han protested. "We're definitely going. I'm not letting tons of ert men look at you if I can be around to stop it." 

"Sister complex." Taehyun simply stated at Yukari who pursuit her lips in an 'o' in understanding. 

"Shut up." Jung Han snapped at the other male, "We're going and that's final. So give us the tickets or whatever we need." 

Hyun Jae rolled her eyes at this, but did as he told. When she looked into her bag, she let out a small curse, ", I forgot the tickets." 

"Ah," Yukari exclaimed before she pulled two tickets from her bag. "Use these then! I have some extra left over." 

Hyun Jae eyed the tickets for a moment, "I thought those tickets were for your parents." 

Yukari shrugged her shoulders, her smile a bit forced than before. "They were, but they're not now. So, yeah..." 

Everyone at the table seem to notice the slight change in Yukari's energy, but didn't question it as Jung Han took the tickets from Yukari. The group of four continue to chat for a while until the sun starting going down. 

"Bye~! See you guys at the showcase!" Yukari yelled as Taehyun and Jung Han gave her a last wave before disappearing around the corner before the two girls started back towards the dorm. 

Despite the fact Hyun Jae wanted to ask why Yukari's parents weren't coming, she shrugged it off when the two entered the dorm. 

Chimmy greeted them at the door with his tail waving excitedly and Hyun Jae paused as she eyed him as Yukari walked into dorm after she took off her shoes

"What did you do." 

"Uh," Yukari's voice was heard and Hyun Jae swore she knew something bad was coming. "Hyun Jae, you might not want to sleep on your bed tonight...Chimmy left you a...yellow surprise." 

Hyun Jae looked at Chimmy with narrowed eyes, "That's it. I'm potty training you." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Long chapter with lots of characters. 

For those of you wondering, Hyun Jae's friend, Nam Taehyun is indeed the Nam Taehyun in Winner. I thought it would be fun to add him in this chapter. 

For those of you interested, I did recently upload a new story. It is an apply fic with more action and supernatural elements in it. As I said before, this story will continue to upload every week while the new story upload every other week-ish. 

That is all for now. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and if you didn't get the hint, next chapter will be the girl's debut showcase! 

( h a r l e q u i n. )