Chapter Fourteen

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]


❝14 Dream Fourteen  
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   March 2013

Hyun Jae huffed as she read her Hwaiting texts from her younger brother before she shifted in her seat. She made sure not to hit the snoozing Song Yi who had her head resting on Yukari's shoulder as the older girl was lost in her dreams. 

This scene has been happening a lot of recent especially since a week  and a few days ago when the girls officially debuted. At first, Hyun Jae just thought that with Dream Girls finally debuting, their schedule would be simply going to music shows, maybe some fansigning before going home. They were a relatively new group after all, so they possibly couldn't have a bunch of other things planned out for them. 

Hyun Jae had been wrong. She had apparently underestimated the popularity of the growing fanbase because within just a few days, the girls have been to more than a dozen fansigning, performing at small events before going the practice rooms because they found out that which girls were going to which sub-unit. 

Yukari had tackled Hyun Jae, who was the closest person to her at the time, in a hug when she found out she was going to be on the guitar and the main vocals for the sub-unit in Japan. Kairi seemed a little upset that she wouldn't be able to use the drums, but that quickly past when it was revealed she and Song Yi would be debuting as a duo in Korea. Minah on the other, had almost fainted when they revealed that she would be on the drums for the band unit in Japan and also be the leader. Seulki had been surprised when it was revealed that she would be the lead guitarist of the band especially when everyone knew that Yukari was the best at the guitar among the girls, but didn't really say anything when Yukari latched onto her with an excited smile. 

Hyun Jae, who recovered from the gripping hold of the older girl, was told that she was going to be responsible for the bass and lead vocals. As much as it should have been good news, Hyun Jae frowned a bit at it. She was going to be playing second to Yukari in terms of vocals and as much as Hyun Jae knew that Yukari was a better singer than her, it still made her feel 'eh'.

With that news, Hyun Jae and the girls soon found themselves once more in the practice rooms right after events. Hyun Jae, despite her triedness, had to strum on the bass as an instructor looked over her shoulders. It didn't help her rising temper and fatigue when the instructor told her continuously do something notes over and over again. Whenever Hyun Jae is about to bust the bass from frustation over the instructor's head, she, Seulki and Minah were off to Japanese language class where she sat there with the most confused look on her face as the teacher talked rapidly. 

All in all, it was like the time before debuting all over again, but this time there was more stress and more responsibility. 

With a loud groan at the headache coming, Hyun Jae leaned her head back against the headrest and closed her eyes. Sumi, who was in the passenger seat next to Seungho at the front of the car, looked over her shoulder at Hyun Jae. Seeing the girl scrunch up her face, Sumi reached into her bag and took out some aspirins. 

"Here," was the only warning she got before Sumi chucked it. Hyun Jae snapped her eyes open just in time, catching the bottle of aspirins before they could zoom past her into the back seat section where Minah was being used as pillow by both Seulki and Kairi. The three sleeping girls looked a lot like a group newborn puppies. 

"Hopefully that's not the face you make today at the photo shoot. 
Water is in the bag by your feet. " Sumi informed her as Hyun Jae looked down where indeed, a bag of water bottles were and grabbed one. 

"She better not make a face like that! This is an important shoot especially since this is Dream Girl's first endorsement. You're suppose to be happy and smiling especially since you're going to modeling school uniform kind of clothes." Seungho ranted as he stopped the car because of the red light. 

Sumi and Hyun Jae unknowingly rolled their eyes in unison before the younger girl popped two aspirins in and took a swig of water. 

"Yeah, yeah. Seungho, you already told them the concept and how they're suppose to act for three hours yesterday with me there. Calm down and just concentrate on getting us. We're cutting it close to the wire." Sumi replied as she glanced at her watch. 

"I am calm." Seungho pouted and Hyun Jae rose a brow at him. 


"It's pretty gross seeing a forty year old pout." At the comment, Seungho pouted more and slumped his shoulders before Sumi let out bark of laughter. 

"Oh, I like her."

"I'm only thirty four..." Seungho muttered which was ignored by the Sumi, who pulled out her phone and Hyun Jae, who finally decided taking a nap was better than associating with her manager. 

~~~~~

"You know," Minah turned her eyes away from the scene of Yukari and Daehyun having a stand off for the last cookie at the refreshments table to look at Kairi. The older girl had a thoughtful look on her face, her chin gripped by her thumb and index finger as her eyes were looking at the general area in front of her. "Seulki and Zelo are pretty close." 

Minah blinked at this before turning her eyes to were Seulki was cheerfully talking to Zelo. They were both dressed in their photo shoot clothing, out of the way as Song Yi was finishing up taking pictures with Himchan. 

It turned out the endorsement the girls managed to land was with Skoolooks with their co-partners being B.A.P. When the girls had first arrived at the photo shoot, there was a lot of awkward energy between them and the guys, but that seemed to disappear within a time span of 30 minutes when Yukari and Minah had managed to engage Himchan and Youngjae into comfortable conversation. 

After that, some of the girls seemed to lighten up, even as it was announced that they would be taking couple shots. Minah had went first and despite her complete discomfort, her partner, Jongup helped her. Kairi was the next one as she and Daehyun took some pictures before it was Yukari and Youngjae's turn. Afterwards, it had been Song Yi and after hearing that she was last, Hyun Jae had gone off to take a nap of some sorts. 

"You know, now that you mention it...they seem chummy." Minah commented with another blink when Seulki giggled. 

"From what i heard last, they were talking about rapping." Yukari pointed out as she slid next to Minah, half of a cookie in her hands before she shoved it into . Daehyun walked by her with the other half as they both fist bumped before he left. 

"Rapping...Does rapping warrant those kind of giggles?" Kairi asked, her eyes narrowing when Seulki giggled once more as Zelo laughed along. 

"Not unless, you're flirting. Then no?" Minah added, but at her words Kairi and Yukari gasped dramatically. 

"Flirting!?" Kairi squeaked out before Yukari clung to her.

"Oh my god, it's happening! Our baby, she's trying to grow up without us!" 

"This can't happen. This will not happen!" Kairi yelled, making everyone look at her at her sudden loud voice even Seulki and Zelo. 

At seeing their gaze, Yukari narrowed her eyes before bring up her hand and pointing her index and middle finger to her eyes then directed at Zelo. She did this a couple of times with Zelo staring at her in utter confusion. 

"Guys, we need to come up with a plan." Kairi mumbled when everyone went back to what they were doing. 

"I'm apart of this?" Minah asked before she let out a small squeak when Yukari gripped at her shoulders with both hands. 

"Yes. Think about it, Unnie. If our baby gets a boyfriend, she'll stop baking goodies for us and give it to him instead." At her words, Kairi brought up a fist and hit Yukari on the back of the head. 

"Is food the only thing you think about." 

"No! Sometimes I think about pretty unicorns flying through rainbows and magical rainbow poop turning plants into rainbow plants." 

"Rainbow poop...From the unicorn, right? Cause that sounds pretty awesome...Why can't our poop be rainbow colors?" Minah asked. 

"Girls, this is no time for rainbow poop. Focus!" 

"Question. If I'm apart of this, do I get to prank someone cause I've been strictly banned and/or threatened." 

"Fine. This your free day, Minah. I will turn my back to anything...as long as you don't majorly hurt anyone." 

"Oh! This is so exciting, count me in!" 

~~~~

Song Yi blinked and tilted her head as Minah, Yukari and Kairi were huddled into a circle before Yukari let out a loud laugh, her head craned back as this happened. This resulted in Kairi slapping the back of her head as Minah bursting into a fit of giggles. 

Turning to the closest person, who happened to a sleepy looking Hyun Jae,  she stated, "I think the Unnie's are up to something." 

Hyun Jae turned her head to were Song Yi gestured her to look before she let out a yawn, "Not my problem." 

With that, she merely walked away to get her makeup looked over. Song Yi frowned slightly as she stared at the oldest members of the group once more before she turned away. It was probably nothing. 


_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

I think this the the second two parter in this story and the first time a love interest appears. 

Just to let you all know, Zelo is indeed Seulki's love interest. Even though they will face problems like any couple does, they'll have to face a even bigger problem; the approval of overally protective unnies. Well more like Kairi and Yukari, Minah is mostly there along for the ride. 

See you all the next chapter. 

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )