Dream Twelve

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝12 Dream Twelve   
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   March 2013

In a familiar scene of the quiet dorm, the alarm clock let out a blaring noise, but was quickly silenced when a hand grabbed the clock and chucked it against the wall. 

The alarm clock let the last of it's shrill yell before it became quiet again. It took a few minutes before an extremely disheveled head poked out of it's bed. Kairi took a few seconds to collect her thoughts before her eyes widened and looked over at the half broken alarm clock. 

"OH MY GOD," At the yell, Song Yi snapped up into a sitting position on her bunk, her eyes wide at Kairi's scream. "WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN!" 

After waking up Seulki together and dragging her out of their room, Song Yi and Kairi paused at the scene in the kitchen with large disbelieving eyes. 

Yukari, who was half asleep, had an half eaten banana pressed to her cheek as her head slumped forward, dangerously close to connecting with the wooden surface of the table. Her open mouth exposed the half chewed banana she must have been eating before she fell back asleep. 

Hyun Jae who was seated in front of Yukari, looked at the girl for a bit before reaching for her phone. She took a couple of photos,  mumbling something about blackmail and quickly put her phone away when Minah came up juggling three bowls of cereal in her hands. Chimmy wagged his tail as he followed Minah around before settling down near his bowl of dog food on the floor when Minah sat down in a seat, next to Yukari. 

"Yukari, chocolate cereal. Your favorite." Minah chimed and immediately Yukari's eyes snapped open. 

"Chocolate cereal!" she yelled in excitement before digging in with vigor. Hyun Jae made a noise of disgust before she looked towards where Song Yi and Kairi were standing dumbfounded. 

"What." Hyun Jae demanded before she started to eat her own cereal. Kairi opened and closed a couple of times. 

"You're all awake...You're all are awake before us." Song Yi voiced out what Kairi was thinking and couldn't say in total disbelief. 

"Yup! We didn't sleep much. We're all too excited for the showcase." Minah said after swallowing her cereal. Yukari nodded her head in agreement as Hyun Jae just continued to eat. 

"Ah," Seulki's voice floated through, her eyes opening from her position, draped around Kairi's shoulders. "Showcase...Ah, Today is the showcase!" 

"Welcome to the world of the living." Hyun Jae mumbled, her voice definitely not welcoming compared to what her sentence was. Seulki blushed at this before squeaking and going over take a seat. Song Yi followed after, taking the seat on the other side of Yukari. 

Kairi let out a laugh at this before she went over the counter to start getting her, Song Yi and Seulki's cereal ready. 

~~~

After a whirlwind of practicing on the half ready stage, getting their hair and makeup done, putting on their stage outfits for 'Sweet Dream', a pre-showcase press interview along with posing for press pictures, all of the members were all in a bit of a daze. 

It was two hours before show time and they were all in the waiting room in their opening stage outfits when the door opened. Peering in, family members of the girls started coming in. Greeting the girls with proud grins while some more enthusiastic family members raced over and hugged them. 

"You did it! You did it!" Minah's younger sister, Ava exclaimed again before tightening her arms around Minah. Minah let out a out of breath squeak, but just accepted the bear hug. There were continued laughs as Seulki and her family watched on. 

"We're proud of you, Mel." Song Yi's older brother said with a gentle smile on his face as Song Yi's younger brother nodded his head. Song Yi flushed the compliment and looked down a bit shyly before her mother crushed into a hug. Kairi's mother commented with sparkling eyes at the touching moment and Kairi made an annoyed noise at this. 

Hyun Jae raised a brow when Taehyun shoved a fake plant into her arms as her younger brother, Jung Han, frowned in disapproval. 

"Are you trying to romance my sister, Taehyun?  Cause if you are, leave right now."  Taehyun glared at him. 

"What? Eww, what's wrong with you." Hyun Jae automatically frowned at this. 

"What do you mean by eww." 

Yukari watched the following argument with a blank look on her face, off to the side of the room. Looking down at her phone for the last time, she sighed before hanging it to Seungho who stopped grinning when the device was placed in his hands. 

"Can you hold that for me please? I don't need it for a while."  Seungho gave her a confused look. 

"Are you sure? Don't you need it so you know your parents are here?" Yukari shrugged her shoulders at this.

"They can't make it. Tou-san and Kaa-san are busy with their work, so they can't come and my younger brother isn't really allowed to come by himself so...." Yukari mumbled with a frown which made Seungho frown before he reached over and patted her shoulder twice. 

"Hey, don't sweat it. We can be each others buddy for today and I'll cheer for you loudly." Yukari pursuit her lips in thought before nodding her head with a small smile. 

"Okay...Are you really going to cheer?" 

"With every fiber of my being." 

"...Please don't." 

Seungho looked offended at Yukari's words, but their conversation was cut off when there was a knock on the door. Everyone looked curiously as the door opened before it morphed into surprise. There was a silence in the room before Yukari let out a loud squeal. 

"Minhyuk-oppa! Younghwa-oppa!" she yelled before she ran at them with open arms. Yonghwa side stepped as Minhyuk was trapped into a bear hug.

"Yukari...c-can't...b- breathe." Minhyuk choked out as Yonghwa tried to get her off, but didn't work when Yukari latched onto him instead. 

"You guys are CNBLUE." Kairi's mother pointed out with surprise before nudging Kairi, "Oh my god." 

Kairi tried to hide her face with her hand and mumbled, "Oh my god. My umma is a fangirl." 

"I see why they use blue in their band name now," Seulki's brother stated as he pointed at Younghwa's lack of oxygen face. Yukari finally let him go with a bright grin making Minhyuk chuckle. 

"Why are you guys here?" Yukari asked excited before she narrowed her eyes, "Wait a minute, I thought said you two were busy today." 

"Hey, we are busy." Younghwa defended himself, "We're here to watch our new hoobaes make their debut." 

At the mention of this, the girls stepped forward in a line before Kairi reached out and tugged Yukari next to her. 

"One, two, three," Kairi started off before all the girls bowed in unision. "Annyeonghaseyo! We are Dream Girls." 

At the greeting, Minhyuk and Younghwa looked proud before Minah and Yukari let out squeals and hugged each other. 

"We got in it synch this time!" Minah exclaimed. 

"My ears." Hyun Jae mumbled. 

"Thank you for coming to our showcase, sunbae-nim. I wasn't expecting you to come watch us." Kairi stated as Song Yi and Seulki nodded in agreement. 

"We can't just let our hoobaes go without support especially as a member of the FNC family." Minhyuk replied with a bright smile that the other three girls returned. 

The girls and their guests all chatted for another hour before they were escorted out and some makeup artists came in. After each girl got something retouched before they were left to warm up. 

Just about 10 minutes before show time, Kairi called over all the girls into a circle. 

"This is it, girls. We've made it this far and as much as it seems like the end, this is only the beginning. I know we had disagreements in the past and will have some in the future, but you need to remember, we're a team. As much as I don't want to see Yukari's face that much, we'll be together for while and even if we're successful or we don't, just remember we have each other." 

"Aww, Kairi! I think that's the nicest thing you ever said to me!" Yukari said before launching herself at Kairi, who flailed her arms helplessly at the crushing grip that was around her neck.

"GROUP HUG!" Minah yelled before jumping into the fray and almost knocked the other two girls over as she hugged them. 

Seulki and Song Yi shared a look before shrugging and joining the hug. It took a few seconds before all eyes were on Hyun Jae who just stood there with her arms crossed. 

"No way." was her response when she noticed the questioning looks. However she didn't get to say anything else when Kairi and Yukari's arms shot out and pulled her into the huddle.

"Damn it."  

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

So sorry everyone for the lack of activity, but I had finals and papers that were blocking me from signing on. However, now I am free and I can continue with updating. 

The girls finally made their debut showcase, yay. The next chapter will either be their first broadcasted debut on one of the music shows or their first endorsement. I haven't decided which as of yet and if you have an opinion on which you will like to see first, tell me in a comment. 

Once more, I'm sorry for the lack of updates. The schedule will be back to it's regular pattern. 

( h a r l e q u i n. )