Dream One

Dream Girls; Girl Group Story [Apply Closed]

 

❝01Dream One 
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   August 2012

Soft chatter greeted Yukari as she threw open the practice room where her morning vocal lessons were held.

Many of the trainees used to Yukari's burst og energy even at the early time they all had their lessons, continued on with their talking even when the door knob slammed against the wall rather harshly. Some, who were trainees that had recently entered the company, turned to her with wide eyes. Yukari noticing this, grinned widely while her eyes turned into crescent shapes.

"Good morning!" she chimed and waved her hands at the people who were looking at her. A few returned her greeting while most turned away from her to go back to their conversations.

Seeing this, Yukari merely shrugged to herself before skipping to the back of room and took a seat on the floor like everyone else. Taking a look to her left, Yukari noticed Jieun, a trainee girl who was younger than Yukari by a year and had joined the company a little over two year ago, talking to a group of girls. Normally, Yukari would have hopped up to her and started talking to her, but the other girl had been ignoring her for quite a while now. At first, Yukari thought Jieun was just in a bad mood, but when a few days of ignoring turned into a few weeks before it magically turned out it had been about three months since the other girl had spoken to her. 

Yukari didn't honestly know why at first, but then she happen to overhear a conversation where Jieun had basically put her down in front of her new group of friends.

Jealousy was pretty common in the company and Yukari starring in her friend, Junhee's Korean debut music video did not help it. Yukari should have been more hurt by the fact her once good friend Jieun, was basically backstabbing her, but after four years being apart of FNC Entertainment, Yukari had learned that things like this happen will happen and it's better to let it go (Though that didn't stop her from crying a few days after).

Yukari turned away from the scene of Jieun laughing happily and looked around to see if anyone was willing to talk to her. She almost pouted when everyone was engrossed in their own conversations and debated with herself whether she should just join one of the groups, but didn't get to when their vocal coach walked into the room.

Everyone scrambled to their feet and respectfully bowed which was followed quickly by a morning greeting. With a wave from Mr. Choi's hand to sit back down, everyone returned to their spots on the floor. Everyone was facing Mr. Choi with interest when instead of giving out orders like he always did, he stood in his spot.

Clearing his throat twice, he then started to speak, "As many of you know FNC Entertainment recently released a new girl group. Since debuting new groups seem to be a growing trend, the company thought it would be a good idea to debut another group next year."

At this, Yukari's eyes widened before she threw a hand up into the air and swayed it furiously, almost smacking some of people around her. Mr. Choi seeing Yukari's eager face, sighed, but pointed at her despite his obvious reaction of not wanting to.

"OH OH OH! Is it another girl group?! Please tell me it's another girl group!" Some of the boys in the crowd let out a whines when Mr. Choi finally nodded after a pause. 

"YES! THIS IS MY CHANCE!" Yukari yelled and jumped onto her feet, causing people to winced at the lack of control over the volume of her voice. She would probably would said more if Mr. Choi didn't glare daggers at her. Yukari let out a sheepish laugh before going back to her seat.

After a brief explanation that there will be an audition for candidates of the next girl group in a few days and orders to each individual person to practice something, Mr. Choi took a group of people to the recording next door as Yukari and some other people remained.

Yukari was excitedly brainstorming ideas for what to sing at the audition as she strummed on an acoustic guitar provided in the room when Jieun approached. Yukari would have cheerfully welcomed her when she noticed a frown on her face and instead, opted to blink at her owlishly.

"You," Jieun started making Yukari confused. "You better not audition for this new girl group."

"Why not?" Yukari asked.

"Because you got rejected the last time and I'm pretty sure it's going to end the same this time around."

Yukari felt a wave of irritation hit her. In the list of things she disliked, number one would be  when someone underestimated her.

"It's a free audition though and I'm your sunbae, by the way. I don't think you can tell me what to do," Yukari responded with a small huff as her fingers started to strum again at the strings of the guitar.

Jieun didn't look very happy about this and crossed her arms to her chest, "Well as helpful hoobae to my sunbae, I just wanted to offer you useful advice before you go embarrass yourself."

"Well, I'm rejecting that offer. Thank you and go away. I'm trying to come up with some songs to sing for the audition which I will join, by the way."

Before Jieun could respond, Mr. Choi came back and called for Yukari and few other kids. Yukari placed the acoustic guitar back on the stand and was going to walk away, but paused. Catching Jieun's attention, she stuck her tongue out at her before turning around and going towards the door.

Before she left the room, Yukari caught the narrowed stares of Jieun's new group of friends and also stuck her tongue out at them. Yukari snorted when their faces morphed into disgust and walked out the door with a skip in her step. 

"TAKE THAT." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Hi there! Welcome to the first chapter of the story...Even though I don't think that it's that interesting, but it will pick up as story progresses and after all the members are chosen.

Jieun is an oc that probably won't appear again...or maybe she will.

On another note, the deadline is extremely fast approaching as in...it's tomorrow. If you haven't sent an oc in and want to be part of the story, please send your oc as soon as possible or if you need more time, please contact me.

When it comes me choosing the members and releasing the next chapter, I'm hoping I can choose the members and write the next chapter within this week and release it next week. No promises though especially if people ask me for extensions.

That's pretty much it for now! Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone who has send an oc in or will do! ^_^ 
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )