Big Bang

Yoona One-Shots

Yoona P.O.V

"Hello?" I said as I answered my phone.

"Are you free today?" a disgruntled Seungri said.

"Why what's up?"

"Need to vent." That was all that needed to be said.

"I'll be at yours in ten," I replied, hanging up the phone.

The friendship between Seungri and I had blossomed over our years in the entertainment industry. Having someone of the same age who debuted at the same time was a real help when it came to stress and worries. I grabbed my keys and headed down to the parking lot to drive to his dormitory. 

2015. Eight years in this industry. Eight years of emotions words can't even explain. It's hard making friends in this industry. Besides my members and a couple of the people on my label, I had no one around me. But around six years ago, fate played a twisted game eventually leading to the friendship that blossomed between the five members of Big Bang and myself.

I arrived at the dorm in five minutes, hurried up the entrance before impatiently waiting for the elevator to come back down to the ground floor. When I arrived at the dorm I entered the password before running in to the youngest member's room.

He was there, hands on his forehead, looking down with an expression which didn't show any signs of positivity. I sighed before going to sit by his side on his bed. I tapped his shoulder before giving him a small smile. He returned the smile, although his eyes still seemed to read sadness.

I rubbed his back and asked, "You ready to talk yet?"

"I hate it."

"Hate what?"

"This life; the expectations, the hate, the criticism, the lack of privacy. I hate it."

"Ri, what happened?"

"I was reading through instagram again."

I sighed, shaking my head before turning myself to face him fully.

"Ri, there are always going to be haters. There will always be people who aren't satisfied no matter what we do. You are one of the most talented people I know who has an absolute heart of gold. Block out the haters because they're the people who give you negativity which I hate seeing written on your face. Ri, honestly you are so much better than that. Pay attention on the people who give you love, the people who support you, because they're the people who'll stick with you through thick and thin."

He sighed once again before turning to look at me.

“But what if I can’t do that? What if I don't have the strength? What if I just don’t want to?” he asked sincerely.

I could see the pain on his face; I could feel it to the extent where I wanted to cry for him. He had been through so much, way too much and the small chats, the tears, the laughs had all made it worth the journey. But everyone reached a breaking point. And Seungri had been hit real badly.

“Would you be willing to give up your dream? You’ve worked so hard and you’ve come so far.”

“I don’t know Yoong. See that’s the thing. I don't know what I want anymore,” he said before leaning his face on my shoulder.

I could feel his tears on my shirt as I let out a deep breath before speaking.

“Ri, here’s the thing. We’ve been blessed with this life. We’ve been blessed and honoured by people who love us. You have worked so incredibly hard and have given up so much just to get to this point. Our lives will never be normal again. From the moment we both stood on stage, normality was out of the question. Merely, we’re just two people who achieved their goal, two people who perform to thousands, hundreds of thousands of fans who love and appreciate us. But success and love comes with a price. And us being celebrities and people who are constantly in the view of the public, that price is negative comments, hatred and abuse. And if we get too caught up in the negative side of our lives, we become consumed by it and we end up making decisions that aren’t always beneficial for us. So here’s the only real piece of advice I can give you. Stay strong and keep your chin up. Because negativity only worsens when people see a weak target. And you my friend are nowhere near weak.”

He held his head up before giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and smiling.

“I don't understand it,” he said.

“What?” I asked a little confused.

“How you can just know what to say and when to say it.”

“I think it helps that advice comes from personal experience,” I grinned back, my heart finally at ease.

“Do you have a free day today?” he asked.

“Yeah, why want to do something?”

“Well Seunghyun hyung is going to be home soon and so is Daesung hyung. Want to go out for dinner?”

“Sure we’ll go to the usual place? Where’s Jiyong oppa and Youngbae oppa?” I asked.

“Jiyong hyung is looking over the new release singles and Youngbae hyung is meeting with Minzy about some dance stage thing for YG tour.”

“Okay well you better hurry up and get ready then. You might want to try get rid of the puffy eyes before Seunghyun oppa and Daesung oppa comes. They’ll tease you to your grave,” I cheekily replied before heading out to the living room.

“Wow, just when I thought you were the most caring person in the world,” he replied back.

That was Lee Seunghyun; the youngest, the prankster and the person who knew how to make someone laugh just like that. Someone I was so incredibly proud to be able to call MY best friend.

Six years of friendship. Six years of laughter, anger, ups and downs and we had come out stronger than anything. Big Bang was dominating the music scene and the maturity and honesty in their music was incredible.

“Anyone home?” I heard Seunghyun oppa’s voice echo as he came into the dorm.

“I’m in the living room and Seungri’s getting changed! We’re going out for dinner once Daesung oppa comes back!” I shouted back.

“Really?” he asked as he walked towards me.

“Uh huh so go take a shower and get changed,” I replied back.

“INCOMING!” he exclaimed before jumping on top of me on the couch. Ouch. It didn’t matter how strong I was when a tall built fully-grown male jumped on you. I started hitting his back and kicking my feet at whichever direction they would go before he scrambled off of me.

“And you call yourself the oldest,” I said, slapping his back.

He laughed like an idiot before saying, “DINNER’S ON YOU YEAH?” and running into his room.

I just shook my head before returning my attention to the show playing on the TV.

That was Choi Seunghyun; the oldest member, the most charismatic but also the queerest and the strangest. He was the older brother who I never had, the older brother who annoyed me to death but also protected me to my wit’s end.

Seungri came back out after a couple minutes and lay down on top of me, his head on my stomach as he made himself comfortable on the couch.

“You feeling better know?” I asked breaking the comfortable silence.

“What you talking about girl? I was never feeling bad!” he joked.

“Oh yeah? Tough guy?”

“I’M HOME!” Daesung oppa’s voice rang from the front door.

I let out a laugh before shouting out that we were going to go out soon.

“MY BABIES!” Daesung oppa said as he ran into the living room. Seungri and I both flinched, expecting a massive weight of muscle to land on us. When nothing happened, we opened our eyes in relief and let our attention go back to the television.

“JOKES!” Daesung oppa screamed before jumping on us. Ouch much. What was with these boys and jumping on anything and anyone they could see?

“GET OFF!” I squealed slapping Daesung oppa.

He finally got off and ran into his room, before Seungri and I could retaliate.

That was Kang Daesung; the one who always knew how to light up a room, the person who always brought a smile on my face. The most innocent and friendly people anyone could ever know.

“Okay, we all ready to go?” Seunghyun oppa said as he came out of his room.

“Wait another fifteen, Daesung hyung has to get ready,” Seungri replied.

“You’re lucky Ji isn’t here Seungri. Otherwise he’d kill you for lying on his girl,” Oppa joked.

“YOONA’S SHOUT!” Daesung oppa shouted as he ran out of his room and joined us.

“YOU EARN MORE MONEY THAN I DO!” I refuted.

“How about we all just get our lazy butts out of here first?” Seunghyun oppa said pushing Seungri and me off the couch.

“Ouch!” Seungri and I said in unison.

“Let’s go!” Seunghyun oppa said, skipping out the door.

“He’s so strange,” I muttered before following him out.

“Can we please just get into the car in peace?” Seunghyun oppa asked as we walked into the parking lot.

“Shotgun!” Seungri and Daesung oppa shouted at once, running to the car.

“Peace? Oppa, please, what were you expecting?” I smirked as I linked arms with Seunghyun oppa who just shook his head.

“YOONG! OPEN THE CAR!” Seungri shouted as he shoved Daesung oppa out of the way.

“You know what? Both of you are sitting at the back,” Seunghyun oppa said as he casually grabbed my keys, unlocked the car and sat himself in the passenger seat.

“HYUNG!”

“Your loss,” I said smirking before hopping into the driver’s seat.

“Where are we going to eat?” I asked as I started the ignition.

“Korean barbeque?” Daesung said.

“Hyung! Don’t you know I’m taking care of my skin at the moment! If we go to bbq, all the oil from the meat will damage my face!” Seungri said.

“Okay then I guess it’s set! Barbeque it is!” Seunghyun oppa said.

“HYUNG!”

“Fine. We can go to the Japanese restaurant near SM.”

“Okay sounds like a plan,” I said, moving into the right lane.

When we got to the restaurant we quickly put on our hoodies and masks to go in unnoticed. Luckily, seeing as how it was so late at night there was hardly anyone around the area.

“Hello Auntie!” I exclaimed, rushing over to the owner of the restaurant as we entered.

“Yoona! Why do you only come now! I haven’t seen you in ages!” she said, giving me a hug.

“Auntie! We’re here too!” Seungri exclaimed.

“It’s been too long since I’ve seen all of you! Take a seat in the private room! What do you want to eat?”

“Anything is fine,” I said, giving her a bright smile.

“I’ll bring out the chef’s special then,” she said going back into the kitchen.

“Is Youngbae and Jiyong going to be coming?” Seunghyun oppa asked as we sat down.

“I don’t know actually. I’ll text them,” Seungri said.

“Remember the first time we came here?” Daesung oppa asked.

“Let’s leave that memory in our minds and not bring it up,” Seunghyun oppa said whilst I burst out laughing.

//Flashback//

“Oh, hello,” I greeted with a 90 degree bow as I walked into the restaurant with Leeteuk oppa and Eunhyuk oppa.

“Oh hello,” the five members of Big Bang said as they all stood up at the sight of the two Super Junior members.

“What brings you guys here?” Teuk oppa asked.

“We’re having a celebration party for our Lies promotion,” Jiyong oppa said.

“Ah yeah! Congratulations by the way! You killed basically every single chart and stage!” Eunhyuk oppa said.

“Thank you,” the members replied in gratitude.

“Oh this is Yoona. She’s from Girls Generation, the new girl group from our company,” Leeteuk oppa said introducing me.

“Ah, hello, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” I said.

And with that we went our own ways. We went into our usual room, spending the whole night chattering away, catching up on missed time.

“How’s the celebrity life Yoong?” Teuk oppa said teasing me.

Giving him a playful shove in return I said, “If you want a signature stand in line.”

“What line?” Hyuk oppa butted in.

“Both of you are such dickheads,” I said, returning my attention to the food.

“If only your fans knew about this side of you. Treating your seniors so rudely!” Teuk oppa said with a fake gasp.

“Oh so funny.”

BANG. KKWANG.

“What was that?” I asked going outside of our room to check.

Checking what was going on, my face soon turned from one of curiosity to shock.

It was an absolute jungle. Seunghyun oppa was standing on the table, dancing his heart out and started belting out some words in a language which no one could understand.

The rest of the members were merely either too drunk to actually function or were video recording this side of their eldest member.

“What’s going on Yoong?” Teuk oppa asked.

“Oppa here’s another story you can tell on a talk show,” I said.

//End flashback//

“Please do not remind me of that day,” Seunghyun oppa grumbled.

“I think I still have that video somewhere,” Seungri teased.

“What’s happening with Youngbae oppa and Jiyong oppa?” I asked, quickly changing the subject before Seungri got into any real trouble.

“Oh they’re on their way now,” he mentioned.

“Dinner is served!” Auntie’s voice rang as she entered our room.

“Ooh! Everything looks so good!” I exclaimed, helping her plate everything.

“Yoona! You’re a customer! Sit down!”

“But!”

“No buts!”

“If you need anything else just give me a shout,” auntie said.

“Thank you for the food!” we all exclaimed in unison as she made her way out.

“Let’s eat!”

“NOT WITHOUT USE YOU WON’T!” two very familiar voices shouted.

And alas behold, the two best friends; Kwon Jiyong and Dong Youngbae. I let out a laugh before moving over to make space.

“Hello my darling,” Youngbae oppa said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before going over to sit next to Daesung.

“How are you oppa?” I asked.

“I’ve been alright. Could be better,” he muttered.

“That’s exactly what Yuri unnie said as well,” I mentioned letting out a quick laugh.

“Hey gorgeous,” Jiyong oppa said as he slid in next to me.

“Hey baby,” I replied back, leaning onto his shoulder, letting him give me a kiss on my forehead.

“PLEASE. I CAN’T EAT WITH YOUR PDA,” Daesung oppa shouted.

“Shut up,” the leader replied back.

“Anyways Youngbae oppa! What are you going to do about Yuri unnie?” I asked.

“I don’t know what to do Yoong! You’ve got to help me! She won’t talk to me at all!”

“Technically I’m on unnie’s side for this one! You should have thought twice before going out with Hyorin unnie!”

“She needed my advice for a dance stage for her upcoming fan meeting!”

“Yeah well no one else knew that did they? Not until the articles started popping up,” I refuted.

“What do I do? It’s almost been a week,” he said.

“Wait Ji, how did you get Yoona to talk to you after the photos of you and Kiko were released?” Youngbae oppa asked his friend who merely just glared in return.

At this statement I took my head off Jiyong oppa’s shoulder and sat up straight, death staring him.

“Bro!”

“Sorry man, I’m desperate. I need to get my girl back.”

“Fine. Yuri sent me a picture of her schedule and I followed her, carrying gifts and whatnot until she noticed me,” Jiyong oppa confessed, giving me a sheepish look.

“And if something like that happens again, you won’t even have a girl to buy stuff for!” I said.

“I’m sorry baby, you know Kiko and I are just friends.”

“Yoong, help me out please. What do I do?” Youngbae oppa asked.

That was Dong Youngbae; the y beast who turned into a tame bunny at the feet of his girlfriend and my best friend, Kwon Yuri. He was probably the most innocent out of all the members, with only positivity radiating from him. After I set him up with Yuri unnie, his life only started to get brighter, and the smile on his face never seemed to fade.

“Fine. She’s at the dorm by herself right now,” I said.

“That’s all I needed. Ji, I’m taking the car. I’m out,” he said before hurrying out the door.

“And then there were five,” Seungri said before returning back to eating his food.

“How was your day?” Jiyong oppa asked, pulling me towards him.

“It wasn’t bad, a good rest day I guess you could say,” I replied looking into his eyes.

“You need to stop doing that.”

“Doing what?”

“Stop making my heart race a hundred times quicker every time I see you.”

“BARF,” Seungri said.

“You’re dark circles are getting worse and worse. Make sure you’re getting some sleep!” I said rubbing his eye bags.

“You need to get some sleep as well! Your promotions have made you even thinner!”

“I’m doing fine! You on the other hand have been travelling practically every single day and performing and producing.”

“STOP WITH THE COUPLE CRAP. I’M OUT!” Daesung oppa shouted before running out the door.

“HYUNG WAIT FOR ME,” Seungri said, following suit.

We both laughed at the oblivious Seunghyun oppa who was merely just concentrating on his food.

“What do you need me to get out too?” he said in a bored tone.

“FINE,” he said before walking out. Not before grabbing his plate of sushi.

“You’re members are all so strange,” I muttered, lying against his chest.

“Maybe that’s why they’re your best friends,” he cheekily replied back, tapping my nose.

“Hey!”

“I missed you Yoong,” he said.

“I missed you too. You had me worried after listening to your new tracks,” I said.

“I’m fine, you know that they’re all emotions from the past when we were on a break,” he said.

“I know but still.”

“See now you know that without Im Yoona, Kwon Jiyong feels like he’s living in hell.”

“Cringe,” I said, despite the smile on my face.

“So now you definitely know that if we ever take another break, I’ll probably end up not even functioning.”

“Double cringe.”

And last but definitely not least was the charismatic leader; Kwon Jiyong. My inspiration and my love; the one who always taught me to stay grounded, the one who taught me to love with an incredible heart, the one who taught me to never give up. Someone who opened my eyes to the world around me, a world I’d want to discover with no one else but him.

“I love you Im Yoona.”

“I love you more Kwon Jiyong.”

“Can we hurry up and leave now? We’re all done,” Seungri said interrupting us.

“Thank you Seungri. Thank you,” I muttered before grabbing my bag and standing up.

Five boys, five men who brightened up my life like no one else; a best friend, two playful and caring older brothers, a brother in law and a soul mate; a love. They went by the household name of Big Bang as superstars when in reality; they were merely just doing what they loved.

-----------------------------

Make sure to comment, subscribe, upvote and most importantly read! 

Thank you always for the support!

Make sure to check out my social media links:

Tumblr: http://psycho-perfectionist.tumblr.com/

Instagram: https://instagram.com/jenney_kim/