Lee Seung Gi

Yoona One-Shots

2007~ Our First Meeting

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" a startled Yoona said as she stepped away from the person she had just bumped into.

"Oh no, it's totally fine. I should have been watching," said a familiar male voice.

"Omo! Annyeonghaseyo Lee Seung Gi sunbaenim! I'm Girls Generation's Yoona!" she said as she noticed who it was, greeting him with a 90 degree bow.

Taken aback, Seung Gi looked at the young innocent girl in front of him. She was cute, pretty, had long hair and doe eyes which were absolutely mesmerising.

"Oh, hello! Just call me oppa, senior makes me sound old!"

"Ahh, are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"Ahh, then Seunggi Oppa," Yoona said in a small sweet voice. Seung Gi just melted at the sound of her calling him 'oppa'.

"Well, I've got to go. Good luck for your debut stage Yoona!" he said, giving her a thumbs up. Yoona bowed back in return and started walking back towards her dressing room.

 

2011 Ideal Type

Over the years Yoona and Seung Gi had grown closer to each other, with them frequently bumping into each other at music broadcasts and variety shows. Over the past two years, Seung Gi had also actively announced that his ideal type was Yoona.

"Oppa! I heard that you said that I was your ideal type AGAIN. Stop it!"

"Why?" Seung Gi asked the exceptionally beautiful female who was staring up at him with a smile on her face.

"You're making me blush!" Yoona exclaimed, playfully pushing his chest.

Seung Gi's face began to heat up. The effect that she had on him.. it made him crazy every time he thought or saw her. He was starting to gain a major crush on this adorable georgeous female idol.

"Oppa, are you sick? You're getting red," Yoona said. Seung Gi just laughed and shook his head, finding how cute she was. She could be so blind sometimes.

"What?" she asked confused.

"You," Seung Gi blurted out.

"Me?"

"Yes you."

"Oppa, you're so weird sometimes. Anyways, I've got to go. Bye bye! I shall see you at the Strong Heart recording!" Yoona said as she bowed towards her senior then jogged towards her manager.

Seung Gi just stared and shook his head. When would he ever find the courage to confess personally?

 

Strong Heart Recording

"Welcome to Tuesday Night's Strong Heart!" Seung Gi exclaimed, opening the show.

The recording went by smoothly and seeing as how Yoona, Yuri, Tiffany and Taeyeon were guests on the show, the topic of Yoona being Lee Seung Gi's ideal type was brought up once again.

"I like her to death," Lee Seung Gi quickly replied to Taeyeon's sudden question. Yoona, taken aback, turned a bright red and squealed.

 

After Strong Heart Recording

"Oppa! You made me blush again!" Yoona exclaimed as she walked back towards her dressing room.

Seung Gi just laughed. If only she knew... if only she knew.

They parted ways as Yoona went into her room and Seung Gi walked towards his MC dressing room.

When will I man up and confess? Seung Gi thought as he walked into the room. Little did he know, Yoona was back in her dressing room wondering the exact same thing. When will Oppa confess?

 

2013 May 30th

For the past two years, Yoona and Lee Seung Gi didn't have many interactions with each other with Girls Generation dominating the music scene not only in Asia but all around the world and Seung Gi busy dominating Japan. Although they still texted frequently and still somewhat bumped into each other here and there, they were no longer as close as they were before. And obviously, Seung Gi had not gathered up the courage to confess his ever-going feelings to the Girls Generation visual.

It was her birthday today. And she was back in Korea. Should he go meet her? Should he give her a phone call? Should he only send her a text? All of these thoughts clogged up in his brain. Finally, after ten minutes of serious thought, he reached for his phone in his back pocket and called the deer.

"Hello?"

"Oh Yoona! It's Seung Gi oppa," he said.

"Hi oppa!"

"It's been a long time hasn't it? Anyways, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday," Seung Gi said.

"Thank you oppa! We should meet up sometime or something?"

"Yeah, that would be great! I'll call you! Yoona, have a great day. I have to go," Seung Gi replied as he hung up the phone.

As soon as he hung up he punched himself. Why couldn't he have just told her, 'Are you free now? Oppa needs to tell you something' When would he ever be able to confess? When would he ever be able to look like a real man instead of just a friendly oppa to her?

 

2013 September

After years of being just a close oppa=dongsaeng relationship, Seung Gi couldn't stand it anymore. And also the fact that Super Junior's Kyuhyun had tipped him by telling him that CNBLUE's Jonghyun was going to confess kind of made Seung Gi hurry up the confession process.

He texted the girl, telling her that he needed to talk to her and that he would pick her up from her apartment. A reply came exactly 1 minute and 24 seconds after.

Okay oppa! I'll be down in 10. Just let me get ready.

Those ten minutes felt like eternity to Seung Gi. He was already in the carpark of her apartment block and was waiting in the car, just in case anyone recognised him. He was shaking like crazy and tried to get his nerves under control. Get it together, you've got this.

Whent Yoona came out from the elevator and opened the door to the carpark she looked around for Seung Gi's car. Once she spotted it she quickly ran towards the driver's seat and popped her head against the window. The sudden movement startled Seung Gi as he jumped back in suprise. The female giggled as she gave a wave and went around to the otherside to get into the car.

"Hello hello!" she greeted.

"Hey Yoona," he replied.

"Sooo... what did you need to tell me?"

"Uhh, not here. Umm, is it alright if I take you somewhere for a little bit? I'll have you back home in an hour tops," Seung Gi promised.

"Yeah sure, it's fine!"

So with that, he started the car up and drove off towards the Hangang river. When they arrived, Seung Gi parked the car near the bridge so they could see the river in clear sight.

"Wow, it's been such a long time since I've been here. Ironic right? I live like literally five minutes away and I've never found the time to just come here," Yoona said as she sat back and stared at the serene water.

Lee Seung Gi just stared at Yoona. She was so beautiful. Her eyes, her nose, her lips, everything about her just mesmerised him. She was perfect.

Yoona turned her head around and saw Seung Gi staring at her.

"Oppa, what?" she asked, a little flustered.

"You're beautiful."

Yoona turned a bright red and covered her face with her hands and she tried to cool herself down.

"Yoona, I know that this might come as a bit of a shock. But I'm in love with you. I always have been. The moment you bumped into me I felt like the world revolved around you. Everytime someone has asked me who my ideal type is, you've been my one and only. So, will you be my girlfriend Im Yoona?" Seung Gi asked, never taking his eyes off her.

Yoona, suprised by his sudden confession just sat there. She didn't say or do anything for the next few seconds. Then she stared into his eyes and smiled at him.

"What took you so long?" she asked. Seung Gi, relieved that she had said yes let out a deep breath and smiled back at her as he took her hand.

"I promise that I'll be the best boyfriend anyone can be. I promise to love and cherish you, I promise to adore you. I promise that I will trust you. But most of all, I promise to love you forever."

At those words Yoona started to tear up.

"Thank you, really. That has got to be one of the sweetest things I have ever heard," Yoona replied, wiping her tears away.

"From now on, whatever happens... I'll always be on your side," Seung Gi said as he leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"Thank you Oppa."

 

2014 January 1st

 All Kpop fans around the world were going crazy witht the first huge news of the new year. Lee Seung Gi and Yoona's love story. Both parties were quick to admit their relationship, making them one of the top star couples. That night, Seung Gi had once again gone to pick Yoona up from her apartment.

"So... our news is out," Seung Gi said as he parked the car in a little private area. Yoona sighed.

"Yeah, but I guess it's for the best? I was never really happy about lying to my fans," Yoona replied as she squeeed her boyfriend's hand.

"Well I'm glad that there aren't a lot of people hating on us," Seung Gi joked.

"Oh my goodness, I know right! I think it's because you've been courting me for too long," Yoona teased back.

"Well, now that our news it out, we can be more upfront about our relationship... so I've got something for you Yoong," Seung Gi said as he reached into his front pocket. He took out a little box and handed it to his girlfriend who just gasped.

"Open it."

She opened the box and saw a plain silver band.

"It's not what an engagement ring. Heck, my proposal is going to be damn bloody magnificent. It's merely a promise ring."

"Look on the inside," Seung Gi said. She looked on the inside. It had the words 'Forever and more' engraved inside the band. She started to tear up. It was what he had said when he first asked her out.

"Oppa, this is beautiful," Yoona choked up.

"I have one too," he said as he showed her his hand. He took the ring from Yoona's hand and slowly put it on her finger.

"A perfect fit," they whispered in unison. They looked up at each other and smiled. Then Seung Gi slowly leaned in towards his love and placed his lips on hers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------