Daddy's promise

Accidentally Yours

Jessica stared at the raven girl in bewildered with her right hand on her right cheeks, she slapped me hard, she thought absent mindedly. She continue to watch the girl screamed the word ‘ghost’ multiple times.

A minute later, the girl who is screaming suddenly stop and eyed Jessica intently “You’re a Girl?” She ask in disbelief, Jessica wanted to laugh out loud hearing the girl state the obvious.

“Of course I am” Jessica replied as she slowly remove her hand on her cheeks. “You should rest, yuki is so worried about you” Jessica said as she points the kid who is sleeping safe and sound.

Tiffany face palm herself then shake her head trying to clear up her mind, “Wait” She look up from Jessica “You know my child?”

“Yes, she introduce her name after calling me her dad” The blond explain nonchalantly, “You should take care of yourself, you know, so that you can stop hallucinating”

That sentence makes tiffany’s face twitch “Hallucinating?” She ask half annoy and half shock.

“Yep, you kept on screaming ghost even if there’s none” Jessica innocently relied “By the way I bought some foods maybe it will help you to stop imagining things” She said as she prepare the foods on the table.

“Wait, I’m not imagining things nor hallucinating, It’s just—“ Tiffany trailed off, making Jessica stop from what she’s doing

“Just, what?”

Tiffany shake her shoulder “Nothing, I just mistook you” she pause as she watch her daughter sleep “By the way, Thank you for bringing me here and for taking care of my child” She mouthed sincerely.

Jessica let a small smile “I’m Jessica jung, how bout’ you?” she randomly called out.

“I’m Tiffany hwang” Replied the raven girl in discreet

Jessica being clueless and stuff she continue to talk to the girl “Sorry but Curiosity kills me, Did you mistook me as yuki’s father?” She ask as she glance at tiffany.

Seconds later hearing no response Jessica look down, gee Jessica it’s too personal you know. “Sorry, you don’t have to answer it if you want, I’m just—“

“No it’s okay” Tiffany cuts Jessica “Yeah, I mistook you as my ex-husband” She confessed sadly.

While fidgeting Jessica continues “W-what happen?”

Tiffany flash a small smile “He died because of cancer, five years from now”

Jessica’s jaw ajar hearing tiffany she’s so young to be a widow. She thought whole heartedly. “I-I’m sorry”

“No it’s okay” Tiffany smiled “Sorry for hitting you Jessica, and don’t worry I’ll pay the bi—“

“No, It’s okay I will pay for it” Jessica insist.

“Mom, dad?”

The two girls stop speaking once they heard yuki’s angelic voice, Tiffany look down to her daughter with a beaming smile “Yuki-ah” She called out as she giggle seeing her daughter cutely rubbing her eyes.

Yuki slowly march towards Jessica “Daddy, could you lift me up, I want to kiss mommy”

Tiffany stared at Jessica in concern, While on the other hand relents on the little girl, She slowly lean down then lift yuki up to see her mother’s face.

“Mommy” Yuki yawn using her aegyo as she lunch herself to her mother’s embrace. “Mommy, you fainted and I’m so worried about you, thankfully daddy help you”

Hearing yuki’s story, tiffany look at Jessica and shoot her a thank-you-very-much look, the blond girl watch them with a warm smile. They’re so cute.

“Mom, do you know that daddy lift you up, and..and daddy was like a knight saving his princess and that princess is you mom!” Yuki clapped her hands in happiness.

“Isn’t cool mom?” Yuki ask as she reach for jessica’s hands. “Daddy, could we spend the day together?” She ask with a pout.

Jessica look at tiffany, motioning her to help her. Tiffany immediately butted in “Yuki-baby, Jessica—“

“Dad, mom!” Yuki corrected.

Tiffany chuckle “Jessi—I mean your dad have so many things to do tomorrow so she definitely can’t make it” She explain.

Yuki’s bright as gems expression turns into a sour one, as she look down “But, I always wanted to have a family bonding” She mumble sadly.

Tiffany hug her daughter tightly “But we can’t yuki” She said as she comfort her child. As they hug each other tiffany felt something wet on her shoulder and that wetness makes her snap from reality. She slowly pulled yuki apart and what she saw makes her heart scattered into pieces.

Yuki’s eyes are wet, and she’s sobbing hardly “I always pray at night, Wishing that dad will come back, but now that dad came back, I thought everything will be alright but the truth is I can’t spend time with dad” She said between her sobs.

Jessica instantly panic hearing the little girl’s cries, she quickly walk closer to tiffany’s bed and get a hold on yuki’s tiny arms. “Come here” She said as she carry yuki.

“Stop crying, I hate seeing yuki crying” She said as she hug yuki and console her gently.

Yuki buried her face on jessica’s neck, “Daddy are you going to leave us again? Are you going to leave us forever?” Yuki ask as she shows her puffy eyes to Jessica.

Jessica crack a smile, She slowly placed yuki down then she kneel down, “Listen to me okay” Jessica kindly said.

Yuki on cue, stood straight then gaze to Jessica straight in the eyes.

“Daddy, I don’t want you to go, i—“

Jessica cutely wink at yuki “Okay let’s have a deal” She said then lean forward to whisper to yuki “We’re going to amusement park this coming Saturday, so just wait okay, and oh. Let’s keep it a secret for a while” She said.

Yuki immediately agree as she nod vigorously, “Promise?” She ask. While Jessica nodded.

“Just in case dad” Yuki said as she raise her pinky finger. Jessica laugh at yuki’s gestures. She slowly put yuki’s pinky finger down. “That’s too mainstream, let me do this” Jessica said.

“I” Jessica said as she point herself “Promise” then made a cross in her chest part. “Cross my heart”

 

Yuki giggle finding Jessica(her daddy) cute. “What does cross my heart means, dad?”

Jessica show her perfect set of white teeth “It means, (I will do it because), I love you”

Jessica said as she slips a piece of paper inside yuki’s jacket pocket.

---

Tiffany watch the two whispers to each other, she raise a brow but let the two talk since she can’t wipe that smile away from her daughter’s face. She loves her daughter so much to do that thing.