A beautiful picture

Guilt and Forgiveness
Two weeks later, Aaron and Gui Gui's class were about to have art education in school, and were standing outside the classroom.
Aaron was getting used to being around Gui Gui. In the start, she always reminded him what he had done. But she was the only one in this world who didn't stare worried at him every time he passed by - or, maybe except for Jiro, who always asked him about how to spell words. Aaron had noticed how much Gui Gui cared for Jiro. It was normal to care for a cousin, but Gui Gui cared for him as a brother.
Whenever Jiro hang out with them during break, Gui Gui would ask if he was happy, had some problems or how his tests turned out. Jiro happily answered, as he cared as much for Gui Gui as she cared for him. This kind of conversation made Aaron the silent person, but as long as he could look at Gui Gui... No, that was impossible.
He only wanted her to be happy, because he had caused her so much harm. That must be it.
"Aaron. Aaron? Aaron!! Wake up!" Gui Gui said beside him.
Aaron looked surprised at her. What had he been thinking? Something about the live in her eyes... No.
"Hey! Did you hear what I said at all? You are always daydreaming. That must be why you are here," she said, teasing him.
"I didn't hear what you said," Aaron answered, and looked at her with serious eyes.
"We're having this class together with Jiro's class. The art room is so big, that they decided to unite our two classes." She smiled, and looked around. Not many others had arrived yet. They were in good time before the class started.
Suddenly they heard running feet on the stairs. Jiro appeared, and lightened in a big, happy smile when he saw them. Even Aaron couldn't help but smile back. This guy's happiness just infected everybody within 20 kilometers.
"Gui Gui! Aaron!" Jiro was out of breath when he reached them, but was still happy.
"I've been looking forward to this class since... since..." His face suddenly got troubled, but his smile returned when Gui Gui said that they've been looking forward to it too.
"Aaron! Can you tell me how to spell "painting"? I really want to know, so I can write a letter for my grandma!"
Aaron laughed. He enjoyed Jiro's company, as it made him happy.
"Of course, Jiro. It's spelled..."
More he didn't manage to say, before the teacher came to open the classroom.
They walked in, and arrived to a big room with huge windows, so one could watch the lake nearby. Jiro looked stunned, and Aaron liked the room being light and clean.
When everybody had arrived - the usual blend of crazy, hot-tempered and indifferent - the teacher informed that they would be painting today, and needed to be in groups to paint each other.
Jiro raised his hand straight away.
"Teacher! Teacher! I want to paint Gui Gui and Aaron! Aaron with two A's and Gui Gui with..."
"Please, Jiro, sit down. You can only paint one person," the teacher said.
"But teacher, I... I want to paint Aaron and Gui Gui!" Jiro looked determined.
"Teacher, if there's no arguement for him only to paint one person, I don't have anything against being in a group with three. What about you, Gui Gui?"
Gui Gui nodded. The teacher looked surprised.
"This is the first time I've heard you speak out in class, Mr. Yan! You formulate yourself very well. I will write this in your papers. But if you two don't have anything against it, Mr. Wang can draw you both," the teacher said, and then started pairing other students into groups.
"Yay!" Jiro said, and hugged Aaron. Aaron was astonished, and looked worried at Gui Gui.
"Haha, don't worry, Aaron! This is his way of thanking people," she smiled, and continued in a slower voice, when Jiro went to find linen and paint.
"I also want to thank you. You made Jiro very happy by letting him paint you. And if he's happy, I'm happy," she said, and smiled the same way Emma had done when Aaron met her in the school before the horrible evening. Aaron had to look away. Once again, the picture of Emma's bleeding forehead got on his mind.
"Is something wrong? You look sick," Gui Gui said, truly worried.
"No, it's not that. I just... wondered how Jiro would paint us." Once again he got out of it.
"He always has some wonderful ideas! You should look forward to it," Gui Gui said, and rushed to help Jiro with the easel.

Jiro wanted them to stand next to each other. He wanted Gui Gui to smile, and wanted Aaron to make "the un-smiling smile you always use to look at Gui Gui". This comment astonished Gui Gui a bit, but she didn't say anything.
Jiro was very concentrated during the whole class. When the others had paint-fights and ripped the paper, Jiro didn't even notice. When he finally told them to move again, Aaron felt stiff all over his body. Gui Gui seemed to too, but she tried to hide it.
Jiro sat another quarter with the brush in his hand, constantly moving and blending colors. Then he asked them to take a look at it, seeming to be very nervous.
He turned the easel.
It was the most beautiful picture Aaron had ever seen. Him and Gui Gui were sitting next to each other at a bench in a park with all kinds of flowers. The colors were matched perfectly, and a photo couldn't be more accurate at the details.
Next to Gui Gui's feet, there was a dog sitting on the ground. Aaron had a cat in his arms.
Jiro tried to nervously explain, when they didn't say anything.
"The animals you have represent each other. I mean, the dog represents Aaron and the cat represents Gui Gui. Uhm... The dog is loyal and sometimes playful, but can also just be in it's own thoughts. The cat is elegant and independent, and is very clever, not that the dog isn't clever also, but the cat just doesn't show it as much. No, I mean, the cat doesn't need to show it, because everybody can tell from the look of it."
"It's brilliant, Jiro. You're also very clever. You just have a very beautiful way of expressing yourself." When Aaron said it, it was nearly unhearable. But Jiro understood it. At least after a couple of seconds, where he sat as breathless. Then he smiled, and was about to hug Aaron (again), when Gui Gui said:
"Jiro, this is the most beautiful piece of work you've ever done. I love this picture. You've thought of everything. Even my favorite flower." She pointed at a Forget-me-not.
"I seeded this on my sister's grave. It feels like she is there too."
It was the first time Aaron could hear that girl be mentioned without feeling bad. He could feel the soul in the picture too. It was frightening, and his conscience started to work up a bit again, but not as bad as before. He didn't feel unwelcome in the picture.
"You even managed to guess my favorite flower," he said, to brake the silence, and pointed at a strawberry-plant.
"I love strawberries. Their flowers are cute at first, and then they develop to the sweetest kind of berry. I always eat strawberries when I'm sad." That wasn't a lie. He had ate at least two pounds of strawberry every day since the accident.
"Oh... I just picked it because I needed some berries, as I had a lot of flowers and an apple tree. But then - then the strawberry-eating dog must not forget the cute cat," Jiro looked satisfied, but didn't really know how to handle that much praise.
Gui Gui and Aaron looked at each other. Then looked at the picture. Jiro could paint something a photo couldn't show; the un-smiling smile and the living eyes.

***
Omg, that took a long time to write!
I really love Jiro's character.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, end please comment :) then I can write much more tomorrow.

See you :)
- Blitz